What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Yep, I mean the game does manage to be quite fun when it does old-style assassinations, but like you say it's a handful (so far, anyway; I'm at the top of Dexter Industries at the mo). It's further frustrating that the two best levels I've played so far re-used the same map.

Totally new to the HItman series but Absolution is not nearly as good as I'd hoped. I'm only an occasional gamer and having played it for about 3 hours, I'm already bored. I was expecting it to be engaging with a range of different types of task a la LA Noire or RDR but I'm so underwhelmed, I can't see me dedicating much more time to it.

Totally new to the HItman series but Absolution is not nearly as good as I'd hoped. I'm only an occasional gamer and having played it for about 3 hours, I'm already bored. I was expecting it to be engaging with a range of different types of task a la LA Noire or RDR but I'm so underwhelmed, I can't see me dedicating much more time to it.

I've obviously gone on about it at length already so I won't harp on, but I don't think Absolution is anything like a good representation of the Hitman series. If you're at all interested in the core concept then Blood Money (about a fiver on Steam atm), Contracts and Silent Assassin all do a much better job of showing off the gameplay that made the series popular.

Then again, for an occasional gamer, the Hitman games might have always been a bit harsh, verging on tedious. You have to be willing to put yourself through a lot of trial and error and memorisation. The real satisfaction of these games comes from working your way undetected to your target and then squeezing off a single silenced pistol shot or staging an 'accidental' death, or from hiding in plain sight in a range of disguises. In Absolution that sort of thing has taken a back seat to a lot of crate-crouching and enemy avoidance. However, none of the games have been like LA Noire or RDR in the sense of offering a true open world so they just might not be what you're after. Maybe read up on Sleeping Dogs though...

Dragon Age

<3 BioWare

Heh, I'm playing this at the moment too. I was browsing the store and noticed the post game Morrigan story, and the awakening game too, neither of which ive played. The Morrigan story in particular piqued my interest, as the game ends in a very curious way of course...so I downloaded all the dlc I didn't have, and have started a new game

Started playing Glitch[ again (ironically just as they announce the're closing it down in a fortnight.) - it is/was a browser based side scrolling "platformer" / co-operative game with quite possibly the most ludicrous sense of humour I've seen in a MMOG.

And also Planetside 2. It's pretty. And pretty awesome.

Far Cry 3, really good so far but hard as nails, ive had to switch it to easy difficulty while I get to grips with it. A little rough round the edges on xb360 as it seems to be pushing it to the absolute limit, bit of screen tear here and there and variable frame rate but when it hits the right notes it looks glorious. Vaas is one of the best characters ive seen in a game for a long time.

Dark souls on PC.

I thought the PS3 version was superb, but playing it at 1920 x 1080 with a PS3 Controller is such a great experience.

Easily in my top five games of the decade.

Far Cry 3, really good so far but hard as nails, ive had to switch it to easy difficulty while I get to grips with it. A little rough round the edges on xb360 as it seems to be pushing it to the absolute limit, bit of screen tear here and there and variable frame rate but when it hits the right notes it looks glorious. Vaas is one of the best characters ive seen in a game for a long time.

Picked this up too, very good game! Love how open and big the game is and that you can never really relax, even walking from point A to B can be a bitch lol I like that you aren't restricted to following the story, similar to GTA but with more to do outside of the story. I'm playing it at medium difficulty and seems to be ok.

After a couple of hours, Far Cry 3 has finally sunk it's teeth in (much like the crocodile I encountered in the first herb-gathering mission that came out of nowhere and made me literally scream like a girl in front of the missus... thanks crocodile <_<). Happened during a mission to blow up a weapons cache; I'd just acquired the recurve bow and had to sneak into a logging compound and disable an alarm. After stalking the perimeter and identifying all the guards with the camera, I started luring a couple of them into isolated areas before plugging them with arrows. Slowly crept my way up to the alarm and disabled it, then broke into the hut the weapons were stored in to plant some explosives. Then sprinted to a vantage point and watched the explosion, at which point you're given the option of either taking down the rest of the guards as they search for you or just escaping. I chose to shoot the lock off a nearby cage housing a tiger, which then promptly ran jaws first into the guards. The tiger took down all but one of them before succumbing to their gunfire, but it had afforded me the opportunity to sneak up behind the surviving guard for the takedown.

It was around about then that I decided this is the best game I've played all year. :wub:

• Like 1

It's brilliant isn't it? I had a crafting session last night, ignoring the missions and just going for the animal hide. However I'm now up to the point of needing to hunt sharks for my next wallet :( I'm going to be shitting myself as I get into that water lol

Also found this on Youtube this morning, pretty cool!

• Like 1

:crylaugh: @ the Draganov.

You don't have to get into the water to hunt the sharks, you can hop onto a Jetski and run over the ****! Then you do have to swim pretty damn fast to get the skin and get back on the jetski before more sharks swim your way, but at least you don't have to go 'mano-a-diente' with them.

Thanks for the tip :D I'm pretty paranoid recently since my first encounter with a gator. Stupidly I bought a special edition of the game from Gamestation with 'The Predator Pack' which basically entitles me to more surprise butt fuckings by the angriest White Tiger you've ever seen.

• Like 1

Â