What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Started playing far cry 3 today and I have to say I'm enjoying it quite a bit. A lot better than far cry 2 IMO and I've also got forza horizon to play.

Looking forward to next year as well. I went online to order some Xmas presents and ended up pre-ordering 3 games.

Just finished Mark of the Ninja... sooo good.

Awesome gameplay, artistic design, level progression, music, voice acting and story.

It also makes you feel like a bad-ass super ninja. What more could you want?

A boss fight vs a pirate. That question still needs to be answered.

Also, I havent completed Mark of the Ninja myself yet, but I hear that the new game plus is very interesting...

Gone back to Skyrim myself lately, up to 133 hours now, just finished the MQ and the Civil War questlines after ignoring them for pretty much the whole time, im glad the rest of the game is so awesome as those were probably the most boring quests ive ever encountered in an elderscrolls game, although Sovngarde was just lovely.

Just travelled to Solstheim to start the dragonborn dlc and its bringing back a lot of great memories from Morrowind, including a re-working of the soundtrack. Plus its got Silt Striders!

They are very good at rearranging the music from previous games into the newer ones. I still think the arrangement of the main theme for Skyrim is absolutely magnificent.

I've been getting into Faster Than Light over the past few days. It's really really good. I think the main charm is that every time you die (and you will die) then it leaves you thinking "I wonder what would have happened if I had tried X instead..." which hooks you back in for another round.

Easy difficulty is quite hard though. Normal difficulty is **** brutal.

Got it in the sales, love it. Really hard and I haven't even tried normal yet.

I'm currently playing AC:3 and I don't really understand the lack of love. I wa svery critical of the first Assassin's Creed, but AC:2, Brotherhood and Revelations were all great and AC:3 is a lot of fun too. I've had the odd glitch and aside from riding horses in the frontier areas and the occasional annoying controls in general screwing me out of 100% synchronization, I'm absolutely loving it. I love the naval missions too. I'm about 50% of the way through and I'm aiming for 100% synch on every mission so it's keeping me occupied.

After this, it's either going back to Skyrim or Far Cry 3.

I'm replaying Final Fantasy VIII for the first time in probably 10 years. I am struck by how unlike VII and IX it is in tone, and how similar it is to Parasite Eve. In fact I could swear they mustve used the same character models in either game, but just stuck different clothes on them. There's a scene in the second (I think) 'Laguna Dream' where he flirts with a piano player at the Galbadia Hotel. If the game didn't name her as Julia I would swear it was Aya from PE, complete with dress (red instead of black though) from the opening of the game at the Opera House.

I'm kind of enjoying it, but it's awful easy if you stock up on any and all magics when ever you can - which I am. Just finished disc 1 and the last two bosses got a total of one attack in between them before I offed them.

I think I must have wondered through the game previously in a daze, as the storyline is a genuine revelation to me now. Politics, murder, assassination plots, dictatorships, rebellion - I believe previously I must have just thought 'oh man she is clearly evil so we better kill her', and left it at that. It makes me wonder how much more I could take from a game like FF Tactics.

The card game, though, is exactly as I remember it. Very fun, and wholly addictive. Gotta catch 'em all.

Edited by hogso

it will ruin your life

Something I do remember from way back when I did play it last, was being confounded by the spread of stupid rules for the card game spreading from region to region making it really hard to win a game, let alone complete the set. I have now found out that if you repeatedly ask your opponent to play until they don't mention playing with different rules, you can bypass that threat entirely. Which will prove to be very helpful. I've pretty much got a unbeatable set for the time being, at least until I go and play where ever they have the 'Random' rule. Plus the CC Club awaits at Balamb Garden on disc 3, which I'm looking forward to revisiting.

Â