What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Deadly Premonition is a wonderful, wonderful game. The controls and camera are terrible (driving in particular is actually hilarious), and the graphics are bad too (although this is because it is basically a PS2 port for the PS3 (which was then ported to 360) so you could let it off a little), but its just magical stuff. The characters are great. In a kind of similar way to how The Walking Dead has been a fantastic series, despite the shoddy graphics and basically zero gameplay, it just works really, really well. Of course it could be better, but the re-release hopes to rectify some of that - SWERY has confirmed rebooted graphics, improved controls and camera, and DLC too. There are also plans for a prequel and sequel, but whether that will be the DLC or not isnt clear.

Basically everyone should buy it. Right, Zach?

Deadly Premonition is a wonderful, wonderful game. The controls and camera are terrible (driving in particular is actually hilarious), and the graphics are bad too (although this is because it is basically a PS2 port for the PS3 (which was then ported to 360) so you could let it off a little), but its just magical stuff. The characters are great. In a kind of similar way to how The Walking Dead has been a fantastic series, despite the shoddy graphics and basically zero gameplay, it just works really, really well. Of course it could be better, but the re-release hopes to rectify some of that - SWERY has confirmed rebooted graphics, improved controls and camera, and DLC too. There are also plans for a prequel and sequel, but whether that will be the DLC or not isnt clear.

Basically everyone should buy it. Right, Zach?

I've had it sitting there in my back catalogue for about 6 months after a friend recommended it. Only just started it and for the first hour I thought someone was taking the piss out of me. Gradually though it just clicked when I realised the silliness was intentional. Getting the PS3 version as well when it comes out. Without spoiling it, is the ending any good?

I thought the ending was fitting for the game, put it that way, so yeh, I did like it.

And for anyone else curious about the game who hasnt played it, another cult classic that it can be compared to is Shenmue. Not the best game ever. But there's something there, something that no other game can replicate, that makes you want to go back to it, despite it's flaws. Want to try a game of Lucky Hit, Zach?

I thought the ending was fitting for the game, put it that way, so yeh, I did like it.

And for anyone else curious about the game who hasnt played it, another cult classic that it can be compared to is Shenmue. Not the best game ever. But there's something there, something that no other game can replicate, that makes you want to go back to it, despite it's flaws. Want to try a game of Lucky Hit, Zach?

I agree with hogso about this game,

Like shenmue it is the same.

So says mr stewart

Anyone got Madden 13? Is it any good? Never had a NFL game before, but really got into the sport this year.

I'd get Madden 12 for around £15 if you're just going to play Franchise mode. Madden games barely change year by year. You can see some slight changes if you buy them every 2 years.

The problem is with Madden is that Pro is too easy and All Pro is very tough. Be prepared to watch a ton of youtube videos and practice a lot to be able to pass in All Pro. it's very unforgiving!

• Like 1

Is that an Indy game, Rev?

It was published by Microsoft, so no, but it is a downloadable game if that is what you were driving at. It was made by the people who did N+ and Shank, it looks beautiful even if there isnt actually that much going on to push the hardware. (its a 2D game) It's out on 360 and PC, I got the PC version for £11.99, though I fully expect it to be in a Steam sale before much longer. Runs great on a laptop if you were wondering, I am getting 60fps at 1600*900 on a £400 Dell.

RRR is right, the difficulty in madden again IMO isnt balanced very well, its either too easy or too hard, i usually have a 1:1 td/int ratio but most seasons break the all time rushing yard record, the scrambling QB is still shite and i still dont know how to throw the ball away so i get sacked or throw an interception far too often, i also think this year the catching has gone down, ive got floyd in my team, rated at something like 87 and cant catch a cold its annoying as ****

however i do think this year they have had a proper go at franchise mode (connected careers) they have added a fair bit of deph, you can gain exp by doing scenarios (10 pts down in the 4th quarter you have to win etc) and doing in game challenges (rush for 100 yards etc) and then spend those points on bonuses such as QB progresses faster / QB less likely to get injured / QB more likely to sign a new contract, they have also overhauled the scouting system so you can see stats for college players before the draft, they have also added lots of stories from both round the league and college players complete with social media stuff that adds a bit of story to it all, half way through my 1st season i sat there thinking why doesnt FIFA take this approach it would be brilliant

then i started to spot the flaws in it...

the practice gets boring, quick, there are only so many times i can do the 4th quarter come backs and the half a game to get 20 points etc, it needs to be proper madden moments or even better a mini game mode, using what FIFA has on the loading screen to gain exp points would be ideal IMO, i then also found in the post season i had huge problems because i hadnt spent my exp points wisely enough, which to be fair to me would take hours of looking at your contract renewal screen to know what you have to spend where, playing as a low prestige team (texans) i found that holding on to players is near impossible, even with the salary cap off, and playing with a QB with a rating of 67 is wank, also IMO the scouting system ends up being a bit pointless because you dont know where you will finish and hence what draft round you should aim for or who wont renew at the end of the season and therefore will need replacing, so instead of scouting every week i just accumulated my points and did it all in one go in the last week

overall ive found it to be hugely frustrating compared to last year, its almost impossible to just pick up and play, to get the best out of the increased depth i think you'd have to put a huge amount of time in to the game, almost FM esque preparation and when each game takes about 40 minutes anyway IMO its just too much time to be enjoyable

• Like 1

Saying that, Madden is the perfect way to learn more about the nuances of the NFL. You'll find yourself trying to read defences when watching live games and will be totally at home with terms like 'cover 2', 'zone blitz' etc.

I'd say Madden 10 is the most balanced game to start as a 'rookie'. The AI on 'Pro' level wont just let you run the ball up the gut mercilessly, play action is more effective, the blitzing is more tame and the passing game is easier as you can make a lot of short easy completions.

• Like 1

Depends entirely on whether you enjoy the gunplay. I did, and while it never really changes the shooting gets more frantic at points and remains visceral. The rest of it is basically filler. It ends abruptly and disappointingly but until that point I found it dumb fun broken up with some basic tedium.

Patch for AC3 is coming - the number of bugs and issues it's set to fix is hilarious. There is no way that game was not rushed to release.

Sadly the patch won't save the game, the bugs are sloppy but the problems extend well beyond those into basic gameplay problems.

I'm genuinely at a loss how the game was rated so highly. Well, without resorting to suspicions of the Doritos and Mountain Dew kind.

Huh. Apparently when I traded in Resident Evil 6 last week, I forgot to include the actual game disc in the case. To be honest, I forgot Resident Evil 6 even consisted of two discs, as I've only used the game disc and couldn't tell you what was on t'other one if I wanted to (some online investigation has revealed that this second disc is, for some reason, virtually redundant). Apparently, GAME staff weren't aware of this either, as I recall both the cashier and her supervisor checking the disc at the time of the transaction and happily ringing it through. I've only come to realise I still have the game whilst clearing some of the clutter from my coffee table, where (to my shame) one would be able to find a pile of loose discs of whatever I'm currently playing. So, in effect, I got near £30 for a case, instructions and a fancy coaster.

tumblr_m3iu7u5xN31rs6wvoo1_500.gif

I enjoyed AC3 well enough. It certainly was not AC2, but that was one of the best games I have ever played. It is like comparing New Vegas to Fallout 3.

I will say if I had bought the game instead of getting it through gamefly, I might have been a bit more disappointed. Now I am starting Halo 4 and Dishonored. God bless gamefly.

For football games, I have always like the NCAA series better than Madden. It has faster gameplay and is more like real football IMO.

Â