What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Last night I found a place in Farcry 3 where loads of different animals were together. Crafted so many things I needed from 15+ skins, then wasnt watching my health, was rushed by two large blue emu things whilst some enemy was taking pot shots, and before I knew it I was dead. I lost the lot :( Hope I can find it again. I should have known it was a hostile place by the dismembered civilian bodies lying next to a camp en route.

I should have known it was a hostile place by the dismembered civilian bodies lying next to a camp en route.

That usually is a dead giveaway, literally. Ah well, you respawn and learn.

• Like 1

AC3, it's a decent game and all but I just can't get into it, I would usually finish an AC game in around a week, this one has taken me almost a month and I don't feel like I'm far at all.

Too much fiddly things to do that I don't understand and don't care to take the time to, no interest in the new character. The area is kind of nice, especially the season changes, but it's not the same as AC2 etc.

Playing Mass Effect 3 at the moment. Absolutely love it. I wish Bioware made more games!

Imo, Bioware is a company on the decline, qualitatively speaking at least. I enjoyed ME3 massively as well and it is one of my favourite games, but I feel it could have been so much better had role-playing been emphasised further and the consequences of your in-game actions been more apparent. Not to mention the ending which is quite half-arsed (although not as bad as some make it out to be imo). The word is that a lot of the writers and producers that have been with Bioware right from its founding days have left, and looking at the quality of writing in ME3 (which is very good, just not consistently so) as well as more importantly the bastardisation of the Dragon Age franchise, I don't think I'll be as much of a Bioware fan in the coming years as I was in the past few.

AC3, it's a decent game and all but I just can't get into it, I would usually finish an AC game in around a week, this one has taken me almost a month and I don't feel like I'm far at all.

Too much fiddly things to do that I don't understand and don't care to take the time to, no interest in the new character. The area is kind of nice, especially the season changes, but it's not the same as AC2 etc.

I really loved AC:3, completed it in about 3 weeks, couldn't stop playing it. What are you having trouble understanding, maybe I can help?

I really loved AC:3, completed it in about 3 weeks, couldn't stop playing it. What are you having trouble understanding, maybe I can help?

I think it's just the way they've changed the layout, put all these new items in,and since controlling Connor the game has been a giant tutorial and I just don't think it's neccesary. Also all the trading stuff now and apparently there is a way you can improve your 'home' or whatever it is but I have absolutely no idea how to. It's a mixture of new features and just lazyness on my part. Maybe it will really click for me when it stops teaching me how to do the basics that I already know.

Yet we all moan when the same sequel gets pumped out time after time (*cough*cod*cough*), i am glad they seem to have tried something relatively new and different for better or worse.

I am not saying this affects the quality of the game in anyway, I haven't played it yet so don't know if its shit or not and don't think i am having a pop at you Rino as it was a general statement rather than aimed at you mate :)

Yeah I was confused about the Homestead missions and trading at first, they don't explain it particularly well. Basically, to improve the Homestead, missions will become available at the Homestead and in Boston and New York in which people will need your help with something. After you help them, Connor offers them to come and live on the Homestead and each person has a skill which helps you to craft items. I'd leave all crafting for the most part unless you want achievements/trophies as it's pretty much just a way to make money which you can do by hunting and selling the items you gain from the various animals (if you find a good spawn point for bears and beavers, milk it for all it's worth because they're the most valuable pelts in the game).

Be aware when selling your pelts and other items you gain from skinning animals, that there are some delivery missions that pop up in the cities and the frontier and they will ask for a certain amount of items gained from hunting from different animals, so it can be wise to save a few of the items that are found on the rarer animals for these missions, though finding any of the animals isn't too hard and there's plenty of help that can be found online if you're struggling.

The only other thing that crafting is good for is that some of the items (I think they're the fourth option down in the crafting recipe interface, maybe called special items) are useful to Connor, such as new weapons and larger ammo pouches and quivers. Everything else is just for selling to make a quick buck. I barely sold anything I crafted and almost never used the trade caravans (definitely don't use caravans if you still have the majority of the forts under Templar control because the risk of them being attacked is high).

As for the Homestead missions where you get people to live with you, they just happen at different points in the game, so you might as well wait until you have everyone there before you worry about crafting. You also do missions for them even after they've moved there, and by helping them out again, their crafting level goes up which means better items, so again, best to leave that until those missions become available later in the game.

For the most part though, you can get along just fine without upgrading too much. I do agree that the game fails to make certain things obvious though, trading and crafting being two of them, and the assassin contract missions too. Regarding those, you have to complete the missions in Boston and New York and free the districts from Templar control, then do a special mission for your "district contact" who then join your cause. They will be too weak to do even the easiest assassin contract missions at first, so call them into some of your battles to level them up a bit the easy way before you send them off around the country on their own.

Hope that helps, anything else you're not sure of just ask.

Poked my nose back into FM2012 for some reason, within one week (in game) virtually all my world class scouts came to me screaming 5 Stars Must Sign over a then-19-yr-old Burkinabé right back at Shakhtar valued at 3.1m. Spent nearly a year trying to sign him because I needed better right back depth and couldn't find anybody else I liked. He was already a significant improvement on my above-average 23-yr-old starting player, and he was willing to come for a fair raise and better quality of football (I'm spanking the Bundesliga with SC Freiburg and doing well in CL every year). SD played hardball, though, as he was a prized asset with 3 years left on his contract.

When ,eventually, I got close enough number-wise for them not reject my offer out of hand, they countered with 30m which I could not cover with a=the mere ~3.5m left in my pocketbook. I was so frustrated and annoyed from the months of rejections and haggling, I decided I was going to be irresponsible and make this happen no matter what, so I did some number crunching, fiddled with the budgets, got them down to 24m and got it done with 3m up front, 13m over 48 months, the rest in fairly long term bonuses 9which will no problem if this season stays on course). So, finally got the guy, and yes, his stats are outrageous, he's performing well and the fans and coaches are jumping for joy, but I'm somewhat annoyed with myself for putting so much work and all my money into signing him, leaving me neither funds nor wages to grab good cheapies and frees from Africa, SA, etc, which is my normal strategy for boosting profitability.

"Is this guy really worth it?" Couldn't take the nagging doubts anymore, went and downloaded Genie Scout, looked the guy up and...

CA 160 PA 199

My God. Going to be the single best player in the world in a few seasons. It had to be a right back, didn't? Just had to be. My only concern now is how annoyed I'm going to be trying to buy him for my next club in a few seasons!

I finished FFVIII yesterday. Got all characaters to level 100, all GFs to level 100, and beat Omega Weapon. This is what happens when I have a day off work. Heh. I know for sure I hadn't so much as beaten Ultima Weapon or got Doomtrain before, for example. It was good. The ending I could remember barely anything of (except of Seifer, Fujin, and Raijin fishing for some reason), I think for the simple reason that it just is not memorable at all. The final boss is rubbish too. She just appears more or less out of no where, and is appointed as the games major antagonist. Which is OK, but the motive for her wanting to compress time is never explained which makes wondering around her castle at the end seem a bit...pointless. It's a far more inferior game to FFVII than I remember. I had previously thought I enjoyed VIII only slightly less, but there are a lot less iconic moments in VIII, which make it very forgetable. By far the best bit was the Battle of the Gardens, and even that was over too quick.

I didn't complete the card collection in the end. Got most of them, but couldnt be bother with the Card Queen side quest, so didn't get any of those ones.

Grinding my way up the ELO ladder in league of legends

Playing mostly support i find it difficult when i get morons on my team who feed feed feed

Got a 72% win rate at the minute with Taric averaging over 20 assists a game

Truly Outrageous

Had a search for free games online the other day and came across one called Digital: A Love Story. Anyone ever played it? It's short, but I quite enjoyed it. I quite like games which allow even the most computer illiterate (I'm okay, but no programming nous whatsoever) to become a hacker. It's not quite on par with Uplink, but it's something a little different.

Anyone else got any free internet games they really love? I'm sure there was a browser game thread somewhere come to think of it.

Yeah, I have thought about giving LoL a try but it's like DOTA right? I'm shit at those kinds of games unfortunately. Still, might give it a try.

I've nearly finished downloading Wing Commander Saga, looks pretty good. Anyone played that? Is it anything like X Wing vs. Tie Fighter? Man I wish they'd do a remake of that game.

Â