What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

11 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m really enjoying the MW3 multiplayer, it’s probably very similar to MW2 was.

Thr campaign just doesn’t interest me at all. It’s just so fussy in that 1 stray foot and you’ve got an army of 100 soldiers shooting at you.

I wasn’t in a massive rush to have the game tbh but I was struggling for a gift for my wife to buy me. 

Is the multiplayer on MW3 totally separate from MW2, different maps etc 

29 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Is the multiplayer on MW3 totally separate from MW2, different maps etc 

They have a bunch of the MW2 maps and new ones (and some new multiplayer games).

• Like 1

Currently playing Control by Remedy Entertainment (Max Payne, Alan Wake). It is such a ride! Basically feels like playing a SCP story. Looks beautiful too, I think it's fantastic and have to recommend it. The gameplay might not be up there with the best of the games in the genre, but the mood and general creativity of the game more than makes up for it.

• Like 2

On 30/10/2023 at 14:12, HKP90 said:

Also, if you are into city builders I would 1000% recommend 'Workers and Resources:Soviet Republic'. Not necessarily as an alternative, but as another great game in your quiver. 
It's got a really steep learning curve, but it's soooooo worth it. It uses key materials, used to build pretty much anything, which all must be managed and sent to sites enabling building. It's similar to the early settlers games, in that to build, say, a house, you need to get vehicles to deliver bricks, concrete, steel, electrical components etc to the site, and buses to deliver workers.

There is a mode ('realistic mode') which is a must play. In this mode you cannot buy resources to instantly build. There are no short-cuts. Everything must be transited from a customs gate from the outside world to your sites to get them to build, or later on as you develop means of getting the resources within your city, from the quarries, factories, timber yards etc.

It's not for the faint hearted- depending on distances, and resource availability it can take up to half an hour of real time gameplay to build anything, but it is insanely realistic and addictive.

I've spent hours and hours on it, sometimes leaving the computer alone for a couple of hours for things to take their course, only to find that the dumper truck delivering coal to my heating plant, which it needed to function, got stuck in traffic during winter and all my residents died of hypothermia. When you get it right, though, you look at the whirring wheels of the systems you put in place and just admire what you built. The effort shows.   

Also, don't worry about the 'soviet' aspect of it, it's made by Czech devs (I think), there is no Russian involvement, it's just a setting. 

Anyway, they are both great games worthy of your time. 

Skimmed back a few pages and wow, that's a game I didn't expect to see being recommended on here. I love deep strategy games and my brain melted just looking at that thing.

If you like your citybuilders then Against the Storm is a really interesting take on the genre, and I enjoyed it a lot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

Skimmed back a few pages and wow, that's a game I didn't expect to see being recommended on here. I love deep strategy games and my brain melted just looking at that thing.

If you like your citybuilders then Against the Storm is a really interesting take on the genre, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Oooh. I'll have to try that.

• Like 1

Pleasantly surprised by how good Tiny Tinas Wonderlands is (on PS5).

For some reason, I thought it was just some DLC for Borderlands and not a standalone game - really decent FPS so far and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

• Like 1

Just finished Spider-Man 2. I enjoyed the story and the gameplay whilst tight and fun I found myself getting bored towards the end. Strange as I adored the first one.

I’ve got The Last of Us Part One to start today. Haven’t played since the remaster in PS4 so looking forward to to graphical and gameplay upgrades. Will play part two remaster straight after. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jim said:

Just finished Spider-Man 2. I enjoyed the story and the gameplay whilst tight and fun I found myself getting bored towards the end. Strange as I adored the first one.

I’ve got The Last of Us Part One to start today. Haven’t played since the remaster in PS4 so looking forward to to graphical and gameplay upgrades. Will play part two remaster straight after. 

I was thinking of doing this, now the remaster of part 2 is out. It's been years since I played part 1, but I remember it being tense to the point of stressful. It was amongst the best story and voice acting I'd seen in any medium though, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I've never felt 'ready' to dive in to part 2 but it's getting past due.

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I was thinking of doing this, now the remaster of part 2 is out. It's been years since I played part 1, but I remember it being tense to the point of stressful. It was amongst the best story and voice acting I'd seen in any medium though, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I've never felt 'ready' to dive in to part 2 but it's getting past due.

If you thought part one was tense part 2 dials it up by 10! But it is incredible!

• Shocked 1

Anyone playing Palworld? It's a blatent rip off of Zelda, Pokemon and other survival games, but it's absolutely brilliant. Breaking all kinds of records at the moment, reminds me of when PUBG exploded. 

On 21/01/2024 at 15:25, villarule123 said:

Anyone playing Palworld? It's a blatent rip off of Zelda, Pokemon and other survival games, but it's absolutely brilliant. Breaking all kinds of records at the moment, reminds me of when PUBG exploded. 

Yeah, it’s on game pass so I gave it a go. I’m enjoying it a lot too. It’s pretty rough in a lot of places (including game balance) but I can see why it’s so popular.

It’s a very funny game too, especially when played with friends.

On 11/10/2023 at 19:49, dubbs said:

Another 10 attempts at that swamp boss and still no joy.  It's stupid the ramp up in difficulty in this section of the game 

I'm on him now in NG+ (working on the Plat)

His second phase is **** mental. Most of the bosses have had the expected ramp up in difficulty but they seem to have given this bastard PED's this time around 😆

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'm on him now in NG+ (working on the Plat)

His second phase is **** mental. Most of the bosses have had the expected ramp up in difficulty but they seem to have given this bastard PED's this time around 😆

I do need to get back to this.  Been playing a lot of rouge like games, and dipping into MW3 for a change of genre but will definitely return to this for my first completion of the title.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2024 at 21:26, ender4 said:

Playing Resident Evil 2 (remake) - great game, good puzzles, flows well, nicely scary without being too gory.

Game pass is adding RE3 in feb so expect Psn to do the same

Doesn't hit the heights but it's also a very good game, out of all of the REs it's the one that gives you the easiest rewards at the end too from memory making it shorter but very replayable 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Game pass is adding RE3 in feb so expect Psn to do the same

Doesn't hit the heights but it's also a very good game, out of all of the REs it's the one that gives you the easiest rewards at the end too from memory making it shorter but very replayable 

Hope they do add it!

Was the remake of RE3 made after or before the remake of RE2?

Just now, ender4 said:

Hope they do add it!

Was the remake of RE3 made after or before the remake of RE2?

After, I think the year after, definitley a quick turn around 

Still hoping they squeeze another one out this year, I did pick up 2, 5 and 0 in a pre Xmas sale for I'm pretty sure under a fiver each, smashed my way through 2 absolutely loving it, started 5 which I didn't think was as bad as people made it to be...got bored very quickly and turned to cyberpunk where I've been stuck ever since 

Unfortunately I think they'll remake 5 when 0 and Veronica are better games (and played by less people so should have a higher demand) I'm also interested to see if they could convert one of the revelation games 

REmake 3 is very good. It's not the masterpiece that 2 was, but it's still very fun and very replayable (and it's clearly set up to replay with its unlock system being particularly focused on multiple playthroughs). It's very short once you get to know it - I think my fastest run was barely over an hour. And that wasn't difficult to achieve either. It's almost like it was a really high budget DLC more than anything.

Not perfect by any means though. The final boss on the highest difficulty levels is basically broken and will just decide to not let you win on some attempts and you have to rely on luck.

But still, it's brilliant.

On 18/01/2024 at 23:17, osmark86 said:

Currently playing Control by Remedy Entertainment (Max Payne, Alan Wake). It is such a ride! Basically feels like playing a SCP story. Looks beautiful too, I think it's fantastic and have to recommend it. The gameplay might not be up there with the best of the games in the genre, but the mood and general creativity of the game more than makes up for it.

Legitimate contender for my favourite game of all time, and one of a very few games that I've played through to absolute 100% completion, DLCs and all.

My only criticism is it set the bar so high for me, that I guess I really was never going to be anything but let down with Alan Wake 2.

Wish I could erase my memory so I could go in totally blind again.

Have you made it to the Ashtray Maze yet?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Legitimate contender for my favourite game of all time, and one of a very few games that I've played through to absolute 100% completion, DLCs and all.

My only criticism is it set the bar so high for me, that I guess I really was never going to be anything but let down with Alan Wake 2.

Wish I could erase my memory so I could go in totally blind again.

Have you made it to the Ashtray Maze yet?

I have not, but damn that sounds like a crazy level. Looking forward to more weirdness!

Â