What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

On 28/01/2024 at 18:14, Designer1 said:

I'm on him now in NG+ (working on the Plat)

Finally got the Lies of P Plat today so now I'm gonna try a few different games on my list and see what sticks.

I'm leaning towards giving Baldurs Gate 3 another go as I've only played a few hours so far and I keep hearing how fantastic it is.

Edited by Designer1

16 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Finally got the Lies of P Plat today so now I'm gonna try a few different games on my list and see what sticks.

I'm leaning towards giving Baldurs Gate 3 another go as I've only played a few hours so far and I keep hearing how fantastic it is.

I would like someone who has played BG3 to tell me whether you need to be into a fantasy setting to like it. It's not a theme I generally vibe with, but if the game is good enough I will happily make an exception. I could do with knowing as it's still quite expensive, so I don't want to buy without knowing whether I'll like it. 

12 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I would like someone who has played BG3 to tell me whether you need to be into a fantasy setting to like it. It's not a theme I generally vibe with, but if the game is good enough I will happily make an exception. I could do with knowing as it's still quite expensive, so I don't want to buy without knowing whether I'll like it. 

If you're on playstation, m sure the top tier of ps+ has / had a trial of BG3.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

If you're on playstation, m sure the top tier of ps+ has / had a trial of BG3.

Ah, so it has. Thanks. I'll check it out.

Things are bad at the moment so thought I'd go back to one of my favourite games, FFIX.

Playing that with the 'boosts' the digital rereleases offers is a revelation. Wonderful game.

I really need to paint the Vivi figure I printed last year.

• Like 2

On 11/02/2024 at 14:10, Chindie said:

Things are bad at the moment so thought I'd go back to one of my favourite games, FFIX.

Playing that with the 'boosts' the digital rereleases offers is a revelation. Wonderful game.

9?  Is it better than X?

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

9?  Is it better than X?

I'm biased but it's my favourite of the series. 10 I've only completed once and thought was ok but that was back when it came out. 9 is wonderful imo.

Personally 10 is a great game but they went too far with the 100%, there's some proper annoying and laborious stuff to get all the ultimate weapons 

9 has an incredible world and some of the best characters, 7 has the best story and personally I like materia and how it levelled up

But 7, 8 and 9 you can split with a fine tooth comb imo all of them do different things very well, I've got a soft spot for 8 as it's the first one that I was hyped about as a kid but id probably rank them 7 - 9 - 8 - vagrant story - 10

7 has a soft spot as it was first real JRPG and it made me fall in love with them.

8 because it was the next in line following me finishing 7, and the graphical update amazed me at the time. Just hated the junction system as I didn't like using magic at the expense of lowering my stats.

9, absolute fav. The setting, the story, the ability system. Flawless.

X was a huge jump, graphically and also - VOICES! I'll always love playing this game - Infact I'm playing through again at the moment (On my Switch this time) (Didn't really like X-2 as much)

XII is another great game, shame the audio was so compressed. The battle system was innovative - but could get to the point where you didn't actually have to do anything once gambits were all set up.

XIII divided a fanbase, but I loved it. Linear, yes, but well polished and generally fun. Personally I loved the paradigm system - especially with the boss battles.

XV - I completed it, I enjoyed it, but felt like it lost some of the FF charm.

Man, if I ever get round to finishing up my rolling ranking of FF play throughs in that thread (picked my 7 play though up again the other day), some of you are not going to be happy 🥲

What I will say on the subject is that XIII-2 and LR:XIII are good games, and I will die on that hill

On topic, I fired up NFS Heat yesterday as felt I needed a bit of a palette cleanser. It's OK, but nowhere near as fun as I remember the Underground games being. 

FF7, FF8 and FF9 are absolutely fantastic and I will be jumping back into them this year.

I’ve finally got around to setting my Wii back up so I can finally re-play Ocarina of Time and Eternal Darkness, which are 2 of my favourite games of all time.

I've been playing Phasmophobia a lot on the PC lately. Never been much of a PC gamer apart from Football Manager so it's took a bit of getting used to, but its great fun! Made the missus jump a few times.

Still playing Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth at the moment. I absolutely adore this game. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that this'll be my GOTY. There's still things coming out this year that I know I'll love (Rise of the Ronin being the main one), but I don't see anything else being this fun or making me feel the way that his game has.

Looks like major issues with the COD servers currently.  Players (including me) reporting being unable to launch into games and all stats and progress reset to level 1.  Hope the levelling issue can be fixed by restoring old data on the servers because otherwise players will go mental at the studio again.  

On 24/02/2024 at 06:12, dubbs said:

Looks like major issues with the COD servers currently.  Players (including me) reporting being unable to launch into games and all stats and progress reset to level 1.  Hope the levelling issue can be fixed by restoring old data on the servers because otherwise players will go mental at the studio again.  

I’m still playing DMZ. Not made the jump to MwIII yet

Â