What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Alan Wake 2 done.

Liked it, don't love it. Its entirely beholden to it's concept and **** me does it wear it's welcome out by the end. It absolutely hammers home it's themes and by the end I was hoping it was going to end a good few hours before it did.

What is good is great, and I did very much enjoy it, but it definitely peaks a decent chunk of time before the credits roll.

Anyone enjoy MW3 campaign? I’m playing it but finding it really annoyingly shit.

The problem seems to be there is an extremely specific way of doing each mission, you have to kill people in a specific sequence or tip toe a very specific route otherwise you get 50 enemy soldiers alerted and then attacking you to your inevitable death.

I’m about a third of the way through the campaign and thinking about jacking it in. I feel bad as the wife bought it for me for £40.

Just now, Genie said:

Anyone enjoy MW3 campaign? I’m playing it but finding it really annoyingly shit.

The problem seems to be there is an extremely specific way of doing each mission, you have to kill people in a specific sequence or tip toe a very specific route otherwise you get 50 enemy soldiers alerted and then attacking you to your inevitable death.

I’m about a third of the way through the campaign and thinking about jacking it in. I feel bad as the wife bought it for me for £40.

I've not started the campaign yet. Same as you, the wife brought out for me for Christmas.  Feel bad but not really enjoying it as much as previous games.  Only played zombies tbf, might give some of the multiplayer modes a go but it's not really a keeper at the moment.

I was bought the Metal Gear Solid Collection Vol. 1 for Christmas, so smashed through MGS1 over the last couple of days. I've played that game countless times, but not in the last 15 years or so, and probably not since playing the Twin Snakes. Wow thats aged. The collection is really bare bones so it's literally a complete bare minimum port of the original, and looks rough as **** for it (all the PS1 issues present and correct, texture warping and the like), but it's also aged from a gameplay perspective that makes it deeply annoying to play in places. The movement is incredibly finicky on the analogue sticks and mixed with the odd almost tank turret controls when aiming make it one you really have to get your eye in with. And it's save system is odd, and basically seems to save at the beginning of a room, as I found out to my annoyance in the furnace room.

From a narrative perspective it's still kinda unmatched in many ways, for that feeling of a single mission taking place over a single day with very strong sense of place and so many iconic moments. And the character and art design is basically timeless (Shinkawa, *chef kiss*, unparalleled character design).

MGS2 next, which I've played much more recently, and also countless times, but maybe with a bit of a break first.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

I was bought the Metal Gear Solid Collection Vol. 1 for Christmas, so smashed through MGS1 over the last couple of days. I've played that game countless times, but not in the last 15 years or so, and probably not since playing the Twin Snakes. Wow thats aged. The collection is really bare bones so it's literally a complete bare minimum port of the original, and looks rough as **** for it (all the PS1 issues present and correct, texture warping and the like), but it's also aged from a gameplay perspective that makes it deeply annoying to play in places. The movement is incredibly finicky on the analogue sticks and mixed with the odd almost tank turret controls when aiming make it one you really have to get your eye in with. And it's save system is odd, and basically seems to save at the beginning of a room, as I found out to my annoyance in the furnace room.

From a narrative perspective it's still kinda unmatched in many ways, for that feeling of a single mission taking place over a single day with very strong sense of place and so many iconic moments. And the character and art design is basically timeless (Shinkawa, *chef kiss*, unparalleled character design).

MGS2 next, which I've played much more recently, and also countless times, but maybe with a bit of a break first.

Thinking of getting it on the switch but I'm shocked at how expensive it is (€70) that's another one that I'm watching and waiting until it's a €30 game 

Finished RE2 remake (again, 3rd time) that game is perfection, hoping for 2 more next year, Veronica and 9 but I'd take 0 too

Drifted away from Ff16 already, it's almost pointlessly easy 

Playing a bit of power wash simulator, now that is a game that's utterly pointless, there's surprisingly a huge jump between level 1 and level 2, 2 is almost overwhelming, I've found myself doing it in 15 minute throw away sessions while waiting for the wife to come and watch TV, all the while Sat thinking "why am I doing this" I'm not getting the reward from it, it's not clicking 

Just finished uncharted four and it sums up all that wrong with modern gaming for me.

Way too many cut scenes, a story/dialogue that's boring, hammy and long winded and repetitive simple gameplay. Pressing <button> repeatedly during cutscene is not game play. It's just annoying. Also let me skip the cutscenes, they are endless. 

If game companies focused less on cutscenes, set pieces and story and more on game play and immersion games would be far more enjoyable. Gameplay mechanics haven't moved on at all. I don't play games for an inane Hollywood plot line, I play them to have fun. Or at least I'm supposed to be having fun. 

I have the expansion lost legacy but I'll probably just uninstall, I did well to finish the main part. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

On 19/11/2023 at 10:32, HKP90 said:

Finished Disco Elysium. Epic. 

Miss playing it already.

I bought it on the back of the reviews but never really warmed to it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I bought it on the back of the reviews but never really warmed to it. 

Just wondering- How long have you put into it so far. Must admit it's initially quite impenetrable, since nobody explicitly tells you how it works- ie that it's mostly an internal dialogue between aspects of your personality, and you approach things differently depending on which is dominant. If you've bounced off it a couple of times I'm not super surprised, I think I did too, but when I finally got what it was about, it had me. 

Also, if you speak to Cuno early on it's a bit off putting, as I despised that character to the point of wanting to throw him in the canal.  

I just feel bad that having played it I can't really do it again as I'll know the story. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Just wondering- How long have you put into it so far. Must admit it's initially quite impenetrable, since nobody explicitly tells you how it works- ie that it's mostly an internal dialogue between aspects of your personality, and you approach things differently depending on which is dominant. If you've bounced off it a couple of times I'm not super surprised, I think I did too, but when I finally got what it was about, it had me. 

Also, if you speak to Cuno early on it's a bit off putting, as I despised that character to the point of wanting to throw him in the canal.  

I just feel bad that having played it I can't really do it again as I'll know the story. 

12.7 hours in total but for the last few hours if it didn't relate to the case I skipped through a lot of the dialogue.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Just finished uncharted four and it sums up all that wrong with modern gaming for me.

Way too many cut scenes, a story/dialogue that's boring, hammy and long winded and repetitive simple gameplay. Pressing <button> repeatedly during cutscene is not game play. It's just annoying. Also let me skip the cutscenes, they are endless. 

If game companies focused less on cutscenes, set pieces and story and more on game play and immersion games would be far more enjoyable. Gameplay mechanics haven't moved on at all. I don't play games for an inane Hollywood plot line, I play them to have fun. Or at least I'm supposed to be having fun. 

I have the expansion lost legacy but I'll probably just uninstall, I did well to finish the main part. 

I disagree to the extent that it's why I actually play and love naughty dog games 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I nearly quit early doors, I actually died a couple of times and was infuriated by it

Would say for all the brilliant reviews and the amazing time I had playing it I can definitely see that it's not a game for everyone 

I got it after listening to TCGS podcast and probably played it over a year after they talked about it as I waited for the directors cut or whatever it's called, I then played hades on their recommendation and hated it, not got round to deaths door yet although I also picked up vampire survivor from them and love that 

• Like 1

Just started first few hours of A Plague Tale: Requim which is on Playstation Plus (Essential)

image.png.90ec4e14bd410769828238b156baec48.png

Great game so far. A linear story set in 1300's France during the black plague. Graphics are also stunning.

Follows on A Plague Tale: Innocence so worth watching a 5 min recap of that on Youtube if you haven't played that one already.

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

Just started first few hours of A Plague Tale: Requim which is on Playstation Plus (Essential)

image.png.90ec4e14bd410769828238b156baec48.png

Great game so far. A linear story set in 1300's France during the black plague. Graphics are also stunning.

Follows on A Plague Tale: Innocence so worth watching a 5 min recap of that on Youtube if you haven't played that one already.

Funnily enough I saw this on Essentials yesterday and liked the look of it aesthetically but wondered whether it would be worth playing.

Got the Platinum on Assassin's Creed Mirage (enjoyed it) so now I'm switching between Darkest Dungeon, Coral Island, Stranded Alien Dawn, the Red Dead Redemption remaster and (yet another) run through DS3.

Plenty to distract me from the DIY 😁

On 29/12/2023 at 21:00, Genie said:

I'm still doing MW2 multiplayer. Not bothered about buying MW3 and probably won't, not until it comes down in price and don't really wanna lose my progress on multiplayer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'm still doing MW2 multiplayer. Not bothered about buying MW3 and probably won't, not until it comes down in price and don't really wanna lose my progress on multiplayer 

I’m really enjoying the MW3 multiplayer, it’s probably very similar to MW2 was.

Thr campaign just doesn’t interest me at all. It’s just so fussy in that 1 stray foot and you’ve got an army of 100 soldiers shooting at you.

I wasn’t in a massive rush to have the game tbh but I was struggling for a gift for my wife to buy me. 

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m really enjoying the MW3 multiplayer, it’s probably very similar to MW2 was.

Thr campaign just doesn’t interest me at all. It’s just so fussy in that 1 stray foot and you’ve got an army of 100 soldiers shooting at you.

I wasn’t in a massive rush to have the game tbh but I was struggling for a gift for my wife to buy me. 

I also had MW3 as a gift.  Really only play zombies, although I dabbled on a Shipment playlist over Christmas which was fun 

Not sure how I feel about MWZ.  Some games are great, but other times you're dropped in a location miles away from a contract you want to do and by the time you get there someone else has already taken it so you're waiting round for it to respawn again.  Must say the community is pretty good though.  You can help each other out if you need reviving, drop spare loot etc for others.  One guy who must have cheated dropped over 400k worth of credit plus weapons for no apparent reason.  Nice to play solo but probably better in a squad.

Â