What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

47 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I’m still playing DMZ. Not made the jump to MwIII yet

Everything is back up and running and all progress has been restored.  I actually like the zombies more in this one than I have recent games.  However, they do need to add new stuff in soon!

Just played a few hours of Outer Worlds as it's on PS Plus.

Should be right up my alley, as it's basically a Fallout 4 clone with a slightly different setting. Found it quite soulless though. Don't think I'll be progressing it unless someone here says that it gets much better as the game goes on.

Boltgun (just added to Game Pass) is amazing.  Even if you've no interest in 40k.  Haven't enjoyed an FPS this much since Doom 2016.

Currently have Pacific Drive, Balatro, and Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor on my rotation. 

I usually only play one game at a time, but Balatro and Deep Rock Survivor are so bite sized in their design that I find them relaxing to play for 20-30 minutes before bed. 

5 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Currently have Pacific Drive, Balatro, and Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor on my rotation. 

I usually only play one game at a time, but Balatro and Deep Rock Survivor are so bite sized in their design that I find them relaxing to play for 20-30 minutes before bed. 

How's Pacific drive? Quite fancied that after the trailer.

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

How's Pacific drive? Quite fancied that after the trailer.

So far the game has been quite a bit of fun with a fair bit of stuff to do.

The game is a bit of an everything game. It has survival elements, crafting elements, adventure elements, and even subtle horror elements, that are all packaged in this story rich adventure where you go out into the exclusion zone to get more resources. 

I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not sure how I'll feel after 10-15 hours because it does seem to be leaning on the survival and crafting to give it length, but I'm invested enough to see where it takes me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Pre-Order for Dragons Dogma 2 sorted for Friday.

From the bits and pieces of previews I've seen, it looks like potential GOTY material.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Got my Pre-Order for Dragons Dogma 2 sorted for Friday.

From the bits and pieces of previews I've seen, it looks like potential GOTY material.

I am very curious to see how Dragon's Dogma 2 fairs in the mainstream. 

There is a lot of hype around a game that a lot of people didn't play when it first came around, and I'm curious how many people know what they're in for.

Dragon's Dogma 1 is one of my all time favourite games so I am 100% down to get punished hard by the second game, but I feel like the trailers are showing all the cool shit and none of stuff that people may dislike. 

I hope people love it though because Dragon's Dogma 2 is the closest we'll get to a true 90's style RPG in 2024. If people liked how hands off Elden Ring was then Dragon's Dogma 2 is even more hands off. 

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I am very curious to see how Dragon's Dogma 2 fairs in the mainstream. 

There is a lot of hype around a game that a lot of people didn't play when it first came around, and I'm curious how many people know what they're in for.

Dragon's Dogma 1 is one of my all time favourite games so I am 100% down to get punished hard by the second game, but I feel like the trailers are showing all the cool shit and none of stuff that people may dislike. 

I hope people love it though because Dragon's Dogma 2 is the closest we'll get to a true 90's style RPG in 2024. If people liked how hands off Elden Ring was then Dragon's Dogma 2 is even more hands off. 

Love the first one and it sounds like it's going to be similar but with more polish.

If they don't **** around too much with the og's vibe then I'll be a happy pawn.

• Like 1

Got Rise of the Ronin downloaded and ready to go. Reviews are a mixed bag - combat/gameplay generally getting a lot of praise (as is usually the case with Team Ninja), graphics and excessive loot getting criticism (as is also usually the case with Team Ninja....). To be honest, I'm not really arsed if the graphics aren't top notch, as long as the game is fun. If it's set it Japan it's right up my street so I'm bound to like it.

Need to finish off Infinite Wealth first though. Pretty close to the end now, though I'll probably dip back into it after I've finished the story to get the platinum. GOTY contender for sure 

• Like 2

Just installing Dragon's Dogma 2.  Looks exactly up my street, not a typical RPG and wear appears to be a huge open world. I saw a couple of you guys already playing it so might be back later for hints and tips!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Just installing Dragon's Dogma 2.  Looks exactly up my street, not a typical RPG and wear appears to be a huge open world. I saw a couple of you guys already playing it so might be back later for hints and tips!

Only put an hour or two into it so far, but its good (and as punishing as the OG) so far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Got Rise of the Ronin downloaded and ready to go. Reviews are a mixed bag - combat/gameplay generally getting a lot of praise (as is usually the case with Team Ninja), graphics and excessive loot getting criticism (as is also usually the case with Team Ninja....). To be honest, I'm not really arsed if the graphics aren't top notch, as long as the game is fun. If it's set it Japan it's right up my street so I'm bound to like it.

Need to finish off Infinite Wealth first though. Pretty close to the end now, though I'll probably dip back into it after I've finished the story to get the platinum. GOTY contender for sure 

I'll play it at some point, interested at where they pitch the difficulty, I want another GoT not a nioh / sekuro

Seen some review scores but the only review I skimmed over said it got better when you got properly in to it, takes some time to get going 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I'll play it at some point, interested at where they pitch the difficulty, I want another GoT not a nioh / sekuro

It has 3 difficulty settings so you should be OK.

• Thanks 1

Dragon's Dogma 2 has been pretty good so far. Not super fond of some of the changes made from the original, and their decision to stick with extremely limited fast travel despite the map being 30x larger this time around is certainly a choice. Overall, I'm enjoying it, but I'm still trying to figure out if I like the sequel more than the first game. Undecided. 

• Like 1

Just trying to make the switch from CoD WWII, which I have played extensively, to MW3, as I have a friend who has it. So far it's been pretty impenetrable, but I will persist. 

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Just trying to make the switch from CoD WWII, which I have played extensively, to MW3, as I have a friend who has it. So far it's been pretty impenetrable, but I will persist. 

What are your struggling with? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dubbs said:

What are your struggling with? 

Well I've just got the free version at the moment, and the only option is Warzone. 

There is some falling from the sky stuff that I have not seen before. The first time I did that I was killed the instant I touched the ground. The maps are huge, the squads small and if you get killed it seems like you are out for the round. As a Deathmatch guy on WWII it's just a bit confusing. I think I just need practice.

Edited by HKP90

21 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Well I've just got the free version at the moment, and the only option is Warzone. 

There is some falling from the sky stuff that I have not seen before. The first time I did that I was killed the instant I touched the ground. The maps are huge, the squads small and if you get killed it seems like you are out for the round. As a Deathmatch guy on WWII it's just a bit confusing. I think I just need practice.

You are pulling your parachute aren't you?

Â