coda

Pretty sure Tammy was aware once the ban was over they would buy a striker, not even sure if he expected to be 1st choice this season. He will still get plenty of games next season plus Werner doesnt always play up front

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I wonder how Abraham feels about them bringing werner in, he can't be happy as it almost guarantees he won't be first choice.

Can't see abraham being happy playing second fiddle.

They are looking at Jovic as well apparently, then again both Batshuayi and Giroud are on the way out along with Willian.

He must have known he'd get 1 season with a lot of football to prove it, 16 goals in 41 games isn't bad its similar to what Diego Costa was doing for them but without seeing him this season but knowing what he was like for us I doubt he does anywhere near what Costa did leading the line 

They won't sell him for anything other than silly money though, I can see Chelsea pushing for the cups next year if they can't touch city and Liverpool in the league 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I wonder how Abraham feels about them bringing werner in, he can't be happy as it almost guarantees he won't be first choice.

Can't see abraham being happy playing second fiddle.

Think he’s been second fiddle to Giroud a lot recently, Chelsea fans apparently not a fan of him

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Think he’s been second fiddle to Giroud a lot recently, Chelsea fans apparently not a fan of him

He allegedly had a bust up with Lampard as well which probably explains a lot.

I love Tammy, but I never felt he was that level of striker.
He started this season very well and I thought he was proving me wrong, but lately he looks pretty average at that level.
He's a premier league player for sure, I just don't know if he's good enough for a top 4 side.

Giroud is far better. I think if Giroud was younger Tammy wouldn't be getting a look in

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

Giroud plus a prolific finisher will be a deadly combination.

if Giroud was 5 years younger sadly for Chelsea. He doesnt score as much but he is definitely an underrated striker in last 5-10 years

• Like 1

Chelsea are really spunking the cash this summer aren't they?  If they get Kai Havertz then that's three world class players signed in double quick time.   Werner and Ziyech are straight up replacements/upgrades on Tammy and Willian, and Havertz might just fill the void left by Eden Hazard.   If they pull it off then do Chelsea go into the new season with serious expectations to win the league?  People are certainly going to start looking at Lampard differently once the expectations of him change. 

they would need Kepa to recover some form and better defenders to challenge for the title IMO as well as Liverpool to have the same kind of lose 9 games drop off that city have had this year

havertz for £80m could make whoever buys grealish look a bit silly, he's the next big thing, I don't think he's as dynamic or eye catching as hazard but they have ziyech and werner for that, he's a conductor, capable of everything of going through him and linking it all together, he's not going to top the stats charts you cant measure him in that fashion (but people will...) the easy lazy link is ballack but then I think ballack has a slight underappreciation in the PL because his role was diminished by the time he reached chelsea

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Chelsea are really spunking the cash this summer aren't they?  If they get Kai Havertz then that's three world class players signed in double quick time.   Werner and Ziyech are straight up replacements/upgrades on Tammy and Willian, and Havertz might just fill the void left by Eden Hazard.   If they pull it off then do Chelsea go into the new season with serious expectations to win the league?  People are certainly going to start looking at Lampard differently once the expectations of him change. 

I don't see where Havertz fits into that team, honestly. A front three of Pulisic/Werner/Ziyech is already terrifying (and Chelsea supporters aren't looking past Pulisic as a Hazard replacement at the moment), so unless they plan on making Havertz or Ziyech play as a central midfielder to accommodate all four of them, that's money better spend on shoring up their defense, which needs about as much shoring up as you could imagine.

• Like 1

at a guess - 

Kante - Jorghino

Ziyech - Havertz - Pulisic

Werner

With then Tammy, Mount, Kovacic, Hudson-odoi, Gilmour on the bench, willian, barkley and giroud leaving and then lucas piazon finally getting his big Chelsea breakthrough....

the excitement over the havertz signing and the idea of them doing something next year seems to have swept Mount losing his place in the team after a breakout season, and he will lose his place, havertz is a far better player, the 3 English prospects they have in attack will all suffer

I think if a player as good as Havertz becomes available and you’ve got Chelsea money then you buy him and worry about the details later.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Defence and keeper are nowhere near good enough. Kepa hasn't met expectations and Caballero is very poor even in his odd cameos. They concede nearly as many goals from set pieces and crosses as we do.

Seems the Lampard solution is to buy Declan Rice and convert him to CB but not convinced that will be enough on its own.

Havertz would be incredible signing though, surprised Chelsea seem to be getting a free run at him as would've thought every major CL club would be in for him.

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Seems the Lampard solution is to buy Declan Rice and convert him to CB but not convinced that will be enough on its own.

Declan Rice was originally a centre half and was played in midfield due to injuries

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Defence and keeper are nowhere near good enough. Kepa hasn't met expectations and Caballero is very poor even in his odd cameos. They concede nearly as many goals from set pieces and crosses as we do.

I've seen them linked with Henderson.

Seems mad that they're looking for a keeper when they've recently spent over £70m on one.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've seen them linked with Henderson.

Seems mad that they're looking for a keeper when they've recently spent over £70m on one.

Rumours are they'll offer Henderson £170k per week to sign. 

Madness, if true.

Chelsea have actually conceded only 12 less than us and we have second worst defence in the league.

Safe to say you ain't challenging for the title anytime soon if you're conceding 50 + goals in the season, interested if any team has actually finished in the top 4 conceding that amount.

Â