coda

Rumors that they want to buy a Scottish team to get around the new loan + stockpiling players rule. I guess they would have a similar approach to Watford/Udinese approach with the young players being "sold" to the other club with buy back clauses. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Rumors that they want to buy a Scottish team to get around the new loan + stockpiling players rule. I guess they would have a similar approach to Watford/Udinese approach with the young players being "sold" to the other club with buy back clauses. 

I’d hope UEFA / FIFA would have enough about them to see this off and close it.

• Like 1

Trouble is the SFA would probably rub their hands at this.............as long as it didn't interfere with their beloved "uglies" in Glasgow,  so short sighted but they are a bunch of w*****s. 

Hopefully UEFA will stop it.

10 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Trouble is the SFA would probably rub their hands at this.............as long as it didn't interfere with their beloved "uglies" in Glasgow,  so short sighted but they are a bunch of w*****s. 

Hopefully UEFA will stop it.

If Chelsea bought Hamilton for example and flooded them with Chelsea loan players it would piss off the big 2.

I would be all for this idea actually

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

If Chelsea bought Hamilton for example and flooded them with Chelsea loan players it would piss off the big 2.

I would be all for this idea actually

Unsure it would actually.........need the right attitude to survive up here which some venturing North obviously cannot cope with, so does not necessarily mean they will suddenly become Barcelona. 😀 For a couple of seasons we have had 3 from Man City, made no real impact on our side and missed more games in the end with "niggles" lol. The winger  Barker whilst on Citys books was the best but nowhere near our own Martin Boyle for consistency and creating chances etc.

However if it did piss off the 2 cheeks, as you say, it would be excellent..............the SFA would then introduce some rule to say the parent club could not field more than 4 Chelsea based players.🙄

Edited by newhavenhibby

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Marco Van Ginkel has signed a new 1 year deal 

Played 97 minutes in 7 years 

He's their version of Gary Gardner, maybe this will be his season :D 

They have the makings of a very good side for next season. Ziyech and Werner could really make a difference and see them being up there with City and Liverpool. I don't think they'll challenge but they won't be as far back. 

I agree that they need defensive improvements, big commanding CB to play alongside tomori or christensen, Rudiger isn't the answer and neither is zouma

Then James will give them a younger cover option at RB but they need to replace alonso at LB

They're looking at Chilwell and Tagliafico from Ajax for left back.

Reece James should be starting.

CB and new keeper are needed. They're probably where Liverpool were two years ago.

Edited by VillaChris

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

CB and new keeper are needed. They're probably where Liverpool were two years ago.

I think Lampard has done a terrific job this season. They could end up finishing third and this is a season of transition. They could be title contenders next season. Liverpool surely cant keep this 100 pts or so a season up. The last 3 seasons have been crazy points totals. 

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

i dont see the Chilwell hype if honest, I think Alonso is nothing special but has more attacking threat. Chilwell ive seen beaten for pace too many times, even Trezeguet skinned him once 

On 08/03/2020 at 13:03, newhavenhibby said:

Unsure it would actually.........need the right attitude to survive up here which some venturing North obviously cannot cope with, so does not necessarily mean they will suddenly become Barcelona. 😀 For a couple of seasons we have had 3 from Man City, made no real impact on our side and missed more games in the end with "niggles" lol. The winger  Barker whilst on Citys books was the best but nowhere near our own Martin Boyle for consistency and creating chances etc.

However if it did piss off the 2 cheeks, as you say, it would be excellent..............the SFA would then introduce some rule to say the parent club could not field more than 4 Chelsea based players.🙄

They wouldn't be Chelsea based though they'd have been sold to them with a buyback clause. 

I see the Sky love in for Mount continues. Tonight he’s been voted MOTM by Alan Smith. When Pulisic, Wilian, Giroud and even Barkley (Even before his goal) were much better and had more impact on the match. 

Mount is a good player

He's just got absolutely nothing special about him, he's nothing that England haven't produced umpteen times before over the last 10-20 years, he's not laying a finger on alli at the same age for example 

When they wheel off the wealth of AMC England have even taking off our specs and ignoring Jack it's madness that he's getting a nod ahead of maddison 

On 08/03/2020 at 13:03, newhavenhibby said:

:crylaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how Abraham feels about them bringing werner in, he can't be happy as it almost guarantees he won't be first choice.

Can't see abraham being happy playing second fiddle.

Â