coda

On 28/04/2024 at 07:20, UpTheVilla26 said:

Bunch of tiktok, wannabe road men. 

I'd be embarrassed if our players acted like them on the pitch. 

Madueke is their Fernandes

I'll never understand the criticism of Cucurella - He's a bit maverick at times, but he's not a shit player for a mid table team.

But anyway, UP THE CHELS for tonight (and that's the only time I'll be saying that in my life). One step closer.

Been impressed with Chelsea recently. Next season they will be a challenge if they keep Poch and injuries coming back. Only a mad owner would get rid of him when you can see the improvement.. but then again they do have a mad owner!

• Like 1

There are signs they are getting their act together - if they do, and they can sell off a load of their deadwood in the summer and bring in a goalscorer and a leader, they'll be a real top four prospect next time around.

18 hours ago, duke313 said:

Conte linked with a return, he'd certainly have them in contention for CL places again.

Him under their ownership would last about two months.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There are signs they are getting their act together - if they do, and they can sell off a load of their deadwood in the summer and bring in a goalscorer and a leader, they'll be a real top four prospect next time around.

That's surely the bare minimum?

People acting like they were a midtable side when Clearlake turned up. They'd just finished 3rd very comfortably, lost both cup finals on penalties and had won the CL a year previously.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That's surely the bare minimum?

People acting like they were a midtable side when Clearlake turned up. They'd just finished 3rd very comfortably, lost both cup finals on penalties and had won the CL a year previously.

But they have dropped since then and are recovering, plus the Premier league is a whole different world since Abramovich was here - it's getting harder every year and the days of almost any team outside of City going into a season feeling top four is guaranteed are just about over I think.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

But they have dropped since then and are recovering, plus the Premier league is a whole different world since Abramovich was here - it's getting harder every year and the days of almost any team outside of City going into a season feeling top four is guaranteed are just about over I think.

They've dropped because they sacked Tuchel within a few months of taking over and then had a whole year of completely illogical transfers.

Improved but ultimately this is still Chelsea 8th with four games left and no guarantee they'll finish higher than that.

If we finish 8th next season you can only imagine the reaction on the main forum.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If we finish 8th next season you can only imagine the reaction on the main forum.

Outside of City and Arsenal, I don't think there are any clubs that can rule out 8th next season. I think Chelsea will finish 6th this time around.

The landscape is changing and a big club is likely to miss out on Europe altogether each season from now on - as the 'smallest' big club, that could easily be us - there'll be nothing shameful about 8th for us (or Chelsea) next season. One of us, Chelsea, Man Utd, Newcastle, Spurs or Liverpool will most likely finish there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Outside of City and Arsenal, I don't think there are any clubs that can rule out 8th next season. I think Chelsea will finish 6th this time around.

The landscape is changing and a big club is likely to miss out on Europe altogether each season from now on - as the 'smallest' big club, that could easily be us - there'll be nothing shameful about 8th for us (or Chelsea) next season. One of us, Chelsea, Man Utd, Newcastle, Spurs or Liverpool will most likely finish there.

8th will in all likehood (I know we said that this season) still get Europe, as Coefficient FC will be back hoping for the 5th CL spot, pushing the other Euro spots down a position.

It does look like Chelsea have found their mojo… could be back in the mix for top 4 next season. 

What would be a sad sight. I was hoping the whole Boley thing would implode and sink the club 

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It does look like Chelsea have found their mojo… could be back in the mix for top 4 next season. 

What would be a sad sight. I was hoping the whole Boley thing would implode and sink the club 

Its not over yet, he may sack Poch. 

• Like 1

Interesting they've started scoring far more since Enzo Fernandez got injured.

He's a good player but I feel he slows them down a bit too much. Better balance with Palmer at number 10 and two quick wide players so wouldn't shock me if they offer him around Europe although no idea who'd even want to pay the fee they'd want.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Interesting they've started scoring far more since Enzo Fernandez got injured.

He's a good player but I feel he slows them down a bit too much. Better balance with Palmer at number 10 and two quick wide players so wouldn't shock me if they offer him around Europe although no idea who'd even want to pay the fee they'd want.

They still need not far off £80m to make a book profit on him so I'm skeptical there's many plausible destinations. 

i can see them finishing 6th or 7th.

tbh, i can see a scenario where Newcastle and Chelsea both finish above Manure, and its Newcastle/Chelsea vying for 6th/7th.

On 03/05/2024 at 10:48, lainux said:

Been impressed with Chelsea recently. Next season they will be a challenge if they keep Poch and injuries coming back. Only a mad owner would get rid of him when you can see the improvement.. but then again they do have a mad owner!

Seem to remember it took him a little while to sort his Spurs team out and really get them playing, they'll be pushing for top 4 next year imo 

Â