London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

I take back every bad word I have ever said about the BBC after these last 2 weeks or so. The coverage was superb and the montages they put together are brilliant. Very big well done to the BBC, I imagine it can be very easy to **** up something that's basically on all day every day for nearly 3 weeks and yet they didn't. Never going to forget this Olympics, really amazing.

I thought it was great fun. Some of the musical choices were not to my taste but hey, its not just my games.

Can't quite believe its all over. I look back to my mini rant circa page 11 and think what a plum. They nailed it, quite the spectacle. Of course I wasn't anywhere near London for the entire duration (back this morning!), but surprisingly disappointed that I wasn't.

Well done Team GB.

Didn't really think much for the closing ceremony. A shamereally.

It wasn't awful, but it wasn't great. I don't know how to describe it, but it was like the music was too obvious last night.

The music in the opening ceremony wasg great, but it was always an accompaniment for what was going on. Last night it was the other way round. So if you didn't like the music, that was it. There was nothign to look at when george Michael was warbling through that awful second song (was that a new song?) so it was just dull.

Add to that they had a lot of people on it who I actually hate (Russel BRand, Jessie J, One Direction, Kaiser Chiefs) and it didn't really do it for me.

The Who, Eric Idle, and the Spice Girls were all decent enough.

Ultimately it wasn't a patch on the opening.

Gutted the Olympics are over though. I've loved every minute of it. BBC have done an incredible job, unprecedented coverage.

I'm not sure we'll ever see a better sporting event than that interms of British participation.

I take back every bad word I have ever said about the BBC after these last 2 weeks or so. The coverage was superb and the montages they put together are brilliant. Very big well done to the BBC, I imagine it can be very easy to **** up something that's basically on all day every day for nearly 3 weeks and yet they didn't. Never going to forget this Olympics, really amazing.

yeah i agree the bbc coverage was absolutely brilliant.

the closing was pretty good although if i went there and i saw one direction i would being going one direction: towards the exit!

Quite pleased it's all over. Watched bits of it, but mostly found it a bit 'meh' and was not hugely impressed with the Beebs coverage.

Happy to get back to 'normality' and past all the sickly fawning and clamour for knighthoods ....

Missed the closing ceremony. Dodged a bullet it seems. Saw that Jesse word removed with queen for about 10 seconds on utube and promptly turned it off. Who in their right mind though that was a good idea?!?!?

I thoguht the same thing. Somewhere, at some point, there was a meeting where someone said, in answer to the question of who should stand in for Freddie Mercury,

"What about Jessie J?"

And the consensus was yes. I don't know how that happened?! Maybe it was 11:59 and lunch had just arrived.

God help the tourists when they do come and have to suffer the arrogance of the locals and the abortion that is the Tube

How wrong I was

........ then again most of the "locals" were noticeable by their absence, the rest of the UK were the nice ones :-)

I was told it was a 'special' song written especially for the Olympics. It was properly bad though wasn't it? To give him out of everyone they couldve at least tried to get to do a couple of songs...him? Oh man. It really threw me, cos before it started they had an interview with the director bloke, who said it was going to be a celebration of British music - so to cut down a potentially massive setlist he picked songs that he thought everyone would know the words to. And then he, of all people, sings a song no one has every heard :puke:

I didn't enjoy the closing ceremony much at all. I just kept thinking that it was all a bit half arsed, they couldnt get Gilmore to sing with Pink Floyd, so that got that ginger smack head. They couldnt get Oasis, so they got Beady Eye. And then only recordings of Blur and Kate Bush. I know that probably isn't their fault, if they couldn't/didn't want to do it then there's not a lot the organisers could do about it - but from the perspective of the rest of the world, I thought the enduring question over the whole thing would be 'why wasn't x there?'. Even the royal party was rubbish.

Loved the whole of the games though, I was off the first week of it and watched as much as I could. Never thought I'd get excited over watching our competitors get medals on the horsies, or the gymnastics, stuff like that. Very good.

Â