London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

The closing ceremony was certainly not the place to promote your new material. How he got away with that, I'll never know.

Given who else was on the bill he was easily the biggest star involved ( alongside The Who )especially when you consider this was going out to a worldwide audience. Therefore I guess they pretty much allowed him to sing whatever he wanted.

The closing ceremony was certainly not the place to promote your new material. How he got away with that, I'll never know.

Given who else was on the bill he was easily the biggest star involved ( alongside The Who )especially when you consider this was going out to a worldwide audience. Therefore I guess they pretty much allowed him to sing whatever he wanted.

Perhaps, but I just can't forgive the arrogance of the man. He didn't get involved with the theme of the closing ceremony in the same way that most of the other artists did and used it as a platform to promote his latest material, which was unfathamably crap.

I was told it was a 'special' song written especially for the Olympics. It was properly bad though wasn't it? To give him out of everyone they couldve at least tried to get to do a couple of songs...him? Oh man. It really threw me, cos before it started they had an interview with the director bloke, who said it was going to be a celebration of British music - so to cut down a potentially massive setlist he picked songs that he thought everyone would know the words to. And then he, of all people, sings a song no one has every heard :puke:

I didn't enjoy the closing ceremony much at all. I just kept thinking that it was all a bit half arsed, they couldnt get Gilmore to sing with Pink Floyd, so that got that ginger smack head. They couldnt get Oasis, so they got Beady Eye. And then only recordings of Blur and Kate Bush. I know that probably isn't their fault, if they couldn't/didn't want to do it then there's not a lot the organisers could do about it - but from the perspective of the rest of the world, I thought the enduring question over the whole thing would be 'why wasn't x there?'. Even the royal party was rubbish.

Loved the whole of the games though, I was off the first week of it and watched as much as I could. Never thought I'd get excited over watching our competitors get medals on the horsies, or the gymnastics, stuff like that. Very good.

I thought the Closing Ceremony was crap.

If the Best of British is two skinny crackwhores on a flatbed truck then we're all ****!!

After the genius of the Opener, I thought this was a real let down a real missed opportunity to get some of the the really big names of British music together... we have some hugely popular, global bands that never even got a look in, instead, we get Russel Brand singing shit Beatles songs and the Spice Girls.

:puke:

Spot on Stevo. It all felt a bit half arsed.

Mrs E works with some of the NHS volunteers from the Opening Ceremony, they all got call a week into the Games asking them to help out with the closing ceremony.

Looked a bit of a last minute job all through tbh.

Apart from Eric Idle and The Who, I thought that was a big let down to be honest.

At least they got Prince Harry's name wrong though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_harry

Think you'll find they didn't - Harry is a "familiar" name for Henry. If he comes to the throne he will be Henry IX

Not necessarily. They frequently select an entirely different name on coming to the throne - e.g. Edward VII's name was actually David, and Prince Charles has already stated he will be George VII rather than Charles III.

Isn't it a bit late for drug tests ?

Takes a while to analyse them, and then there's all the administrative shit to go through when it's a medalwinner

I loved the Olympics and was glad I was able to get to a few events. To those who missed it, well thats it, the olympics will not come to this country again in our lifetime. With the likes of Shanghai, Toronto, New York, Chicago, Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Istanbul, Doha, Tokyo, Nairobi :shock: and Buenos Aires all wanting to host it, it wont come around here again until at the least next century.

Nadezjda Ostaptjuk failed a drugtest. First medal winner of the games to do so I think.

Nadzeya-Ostapchuk.gif

And our Val gets the gold.Bit of a rollercoaster for her as she found out a few days before competing that someone from the NZ commitee had forget to register her and a few others.

But anyways...................a belated :hooray::hooray::hooray:

Well, it was a brilliant Olympics. I probably watched more sport in a fortnight than I had in the whole of last year.

The closing ceremony was a let-down though. As somebody has already said, it's what I feared the opening junket would be like (but wasn't). The lighting was as brilliant as before, but the 'entertainment' featured too many of the predictable suspects playing crap music. Still, never mind.

You can bet I'll be buying the DVD. Well done BBC.

Â