London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Everyone seems to hate Jessie J.

Is it just because she's a bit of a loud-mouth? She's clearly quite talented, and although far from being my cup of tea, I don't think I could think of anyone better to perform her role.

My main issue with Jessie J is that she's a talented guitarist/folksy singer who sold her soul for a record deal and went out Brrrrrraping her way to fame and fortune at the behest of some A&R man.

Just been watching the Sky Sports News. Predictably after a successful Olympic games, they are now talking about bidding again for the 2028 games. See my post on the previous page as to why that bid will be waste of money. Way too soon. Beijing also hosted a very successful games too but they wont bid again. With the world championships coming in 2017, I think the only thing left for England to do is the world cup. All efforts should go towards that, and i think FIFA will have noticed how well London/England did.

Just been watching the Sky Sports News. Predictably after a successful Olympic games, they are now talking about bidding again for the 2028 games. See my post on the previous page as to why that bid will be waste of money. Way too soon. Beijing also hosted a very successful games too but they wont bid again. With the world championships coming in 2017, I think the only thing left for England to do is the world cup. All efforts should go towards that, and i think FIFA will have noticed how well London/England did.

I think Paris are favourites for the 2024 gig being the 100 year anniversary for them. That will be very accessible for UK fans and there is no way that they will give the bid to London 4 years later.

I think Paris are favourites for the 2024 gig being the 100 year anniversary for them. That will be very accessible for UK fans and there is no way that they will give the bid to London 4 years later.

Possibly but it depends where 2020 goes. Madrid and Istanbul are in Europe so if they get it, it wont be Paris 2024. But if it goes to Tokyo, then it will be Paris 2024.

Either way my opinion is that London hosted a good games but lets just leave it at that. Don't be greedy trying to get another so soon just because they went well. There are at least 10 major cities who have never hosted it but want to. The IOC will give it to them first.

I thought the closing ceremony was pretty good, usual over reactions not a surprise but I think it was decent show.

Jessie J would certainly get it though, she looks absolute filth (and swings both ways) = WIN

My main issue with Jessie J is that she's a talented guitarist/folksy singer who sold her soul for a record deal and went out Brrrrrraping her way to fame and fortune at the behest of some A&R man.

My main issue with her is she acts like she's some sort of music guru who's been around the business for 50+ years.

On The Voice, which I didn't watch very much of at all, she was infuriatingly annoying. The couple of times I was forced to endure some of that show, she was easily the worst part of it (although Danny from The Script runs her close)

She's clearly talented, she does have a great voice. And she's pretty fit.

But she is clearly a massive, huge, gigantic dickhead.

All three candidates for the 2020 Olympics are high-risk choices, aren't they? Big questions have to be asked of Madrid's ability to organise a good Games, with Spain's credit crisis still going on. Istanbul is earthquake-prone and is part of a country that is not as developed as Europe or Japan, which could pose a hurdle to organisation efforts (just look at India's organisation of the last Commonwealth Games). Tokyo is probably the best choice of the lot, but will the memories of last year's tsunami disaster continue to linger in the next few years? Plus, I'm not sure if the Japanese government are more concerned with post-tsunami rebuilding efforts or not.

All three candidates for the 2020 Olympics are high-risk choices, aren't they? Big questions have to be asked of Madrid's ability to organise a good Games, with Spain's credit crisis still going on. Istanbul is earthquake-prone and is part of a country that is not as developed as Europe or Japan, which could pose a hurdle to organisation efforts (just look at India's organisation of the last Commonwealth Games). Tokyo is probably the best choice of the lot, but will the memories of last year's tsunami disaster continue to linger in the next few years? Plus, I'm not sure if the Japanese government are more concerned with post-tsunami rebuilding efforts or not.

I agree they are all high risk choices. Tokyo should get it, but I think it will be Istanbul. Perennial Olympic bidders like Toronto and New York would be a shoe in if they had bid for 2020.

Everyone seems to hate Jessie J.

Is it just because she's a bit of a loud-mouth? She's clearly quite talented, and although far from being my cup of tea, I don't think I could think of anyone better to perform her role.

for me its because she suffers from mariah carey syndrome, why cant she just sing the **** song instead of spending 3 minutes going yeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh and wooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

and she really isnt attractive, at all

I though the closing ceremony was ok, enjoyed the music, but I have a very short attention span. After 2 hours, I start to fidget, whereas some people can sit through a 3 or 4 hour show/film and be comfortable throughout.

I dont find Jessie J attractive at all. Why is it me and Stevo985 always disagree on the attractiveness of girls. There must be 1 girl we both find attractive, or both find unattractive.

I dont find Jessie J attractive at all. Why is it me and Stevo985 always disagree on the attractiveness of girls. There must be 1 girl we both find attractive, or both find unattractive.

Because you have by far the worst taste in women I've ever experienced ;)

To be fair, I'm not that into Jessie J's looks. She looks a bit filthy, which is a turn on, but she's not that fit. I don't think, if she wasn't famous, anyone would pay that much attention to her.

I'd end up headbutting her to death if I was ever close enough to decide if she was fit in real life.

Because you have by far the worst taste in women I've ever experienced ;)

To be fair, I'm not that into Jessie J's looks. She looks a bit filthy, which is a turn on, but she's not that fit. I don't think, if she wasn't famous, anyone would pay that much attention to her.

I'd end up headbutting her to death if I was ever close enough to decide if she was fit in real life.

I'm in your camp Stevo, I cant stand her but I also want to make her look like a painters radio.

The most stunning bird there last night was the one who got out of the van holding Russell Brands left arm. Wow

Also the angels OMG !!

The angels were unbelievable.

Can't comment on the bird with Russel Brand. I went and made a cup of tea the moment that **** word removed of a shithead appeared on the screen

Â