Martin O'Neill

maqroll

Seeing him there will be weird. I loved watching him celebrate our goals. Was a top manager for us and will do well with Sunderland. Only problem is over the last 18-24 months the league is much tougher so its gonna be difficult for him to get them pushing top 4-6 but he'll give it a go no doubt. Gonna take time for them to have better players on board to improve their squad seeing as they lost Bent, Welbeck and Gyan in the last year but once the balls rolling SOL will be a difficult place to go.

MON is a good manager but he is by far the most overrated manager of all time, good motivator, bad tactician and iffy signings.

IMO when the going got tough MON walked and the way he treated the fans leaving so close to start of season he can go **** himself :P

Talking of his signings. I've seen a few people criticise AMc regarding his. Don't forget Milner and Downing were poor in their first season, so you have to give Zog a bit of time also. Hutton isn't a great signing, but then it's not like MON was without problems at right back was it. Even when he did get Luke Young he for whatever reason didn't play him half the time.

Losing Dwight hurt, you sort of knew our tenure amongst the trophies had gone.

MON leaving has been much worse.

Watching Villa play is painful.

Watching Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool or England play is painful.

Watching MON's next team will be painful.

A couple of years ago we could beat anyone (apart from Wigan).

We ended all sorts of bad runs against the top teams, we hammered the blues - they all feared us.

We were at our most dangerous when we were under the cosh.

Now - pfah

*Mon wasn't perfect, but he was still BRILLIANT.

Randy pulled the plug when we were on the cusp.

Couldn't agree more. Losing MON was the worst thing ever for us. Keep him, and back him, and it'd still be exciting watching us. Now I don't see how we'll ever get back to those times, I really don't.

Watching Newcastle playing some really good stuff now, they seemingly have an excellent scouting team too, add to that liverpools resurgence, spurs flying and the top 4 being the top 4 I really don't see him doing anything in the league the gulf is **** huge

and I still maintain losing mon wasn't the worst thing ever, what we did next was worse...

Talking of his signings. I've seen a few people criticise AMc regarding his. Don't forget Milner and Downing were poor in their first season, so you have to give Zog a bit of time also. Hutton isn't a great signing, but then it's not like MON was without problems at right back was it. Even when he did get Luke Young he for whatever reason didn't play him half the time.

Difference being, those players had other quality around them so although it was frustrating we could wait. Where-as we are currently shit and having two in the team who are doing **** all costs us.

Granted, no fault of the manager.

Steve Bruce is much better than McShit

TBH im pretty **** irritated Sunderland have appointed MON whilst we have to endure this utter crap manager in McShit.

Our managerial search in summer was so embarrasing . Martinez , McLaren , McLeish.

As Sunderland showed some initiative and were looking at MON, Hughes , etc.

**** joke our board are and need to **** off.

Â