Martin O'Neill

maqroll

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I haven't watched it but I assume its more of his self serving ego maniac nonsense. He's a grade A ****.

He basically said that he made a emotional mistake walking out. He said he had a meeting with lerner where he was told not only would milner not be sold but we would sign Scott parker too.

24 hours later he was told milner would be sold and parker would not be signed.  I think i believe his version of events as both scenarios happened.

But he still shouldn't have walked at that time he ruined us

We were too nice to our players back then in regards to selling them. 

We had such a young, exciting team back then. I'd love to know where we could have gone if we told them all they're going nowhere. 

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

We had such a young, exciting team back then. I'd love to know where we could have gone if we told them all they're going nowhere. 

I think if we added parker (who was a fantastic player) we really could gate crashed into the top four.

Also MON has a point (another dodgy decision goes uniteds way who would have known) vidic should have been off and we probably would have won the cup. It all could have been very different. Cheers foy you **** tard

12 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Probably not too far as both Barry and Young left before the final year of the contract

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He basically said that he made a emotional mistake walking out. He said he had a meeting with lerner where he was told not only would milner not be sold but we would sign Scott parker too.

24 hours later he was told milner would be sold and parker would not be signed.  I think i believe his version of events as both scenarios happened.

But he still shouldn't have walked at that time he ruined us

Parker signed a new contract just after at West Ham

I dont believe the clearing in the woods

• Like 1

Parker wasn't the missing piece at that time.

It was the couple of season before that where we were adding players like Cuellar, Harewood, Heskey, Beye etc

If we'd added some real quality instead then we'd have cracked that top 4

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont believe the clearing in the woods

Me either, just trying to gloss over his obvious failure when he was with us. He has the same flaws at every club he's ever been at but doesn't acknowledge them because he can't cope with any criticism.

Edited by villa89

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Parker wasn't the missing piece at that time.

It was the couple of season before that where we were adding players like Cuellar, Harewood, Heskey, Beye etc

If we'd added some real quality instead then we'd have cracked that top 4

Heskey when we were pushing Arsenal and they signed Arshavin in the same window :(

My view on O'Neill has mellowed over the years. While I despised him for the way he left, and he squandered huge amounts of money, he saw the writing was on the wall under Lerner, I think, and it was only going to go one way once the owner lost interest and started to tighten the purse strings. 

42 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I haven't watched it but I assume its more of his self serving ego maniac nonsense. He's a grade A ****.

Nope it’s polar opposite he’s genuinely showing regret in his own way.

Â