Martin O'Neill

maqroll

I don't care. I care about Villa, and we've got enough to worry about.

Pretty much this. What he does with Sunderland is neither here nor there apart from when they play us. I do have a feeling that they will push us a further place down the league though as I can see us finishing below them.

I hope he fails and takes sunderland down, not for any personal reason of vindictiveness against Martin O'neal, but purely as our survival from relegation is far from guaranteed due to our own efforts, so every team that fills a relegation slot due to their own failings is one less we're likely to be in, this season reminds me of the tortures of our year under Bingo McNeil.

I think the way in which he left us high and dry was pathetic, cowardly and disrespectful towards the Villa faithful who effectively paid his wages.

I don't give two monkeys how he does. Sunderland are still living in the 70's and won't amount to much anyway, but we all know (even the misguided mackems) that he'll be off as fast as he can spit the dummy out. Boyhood heroes my derriere! :lol:

He wont fail, He will get the best out of their players as he did here. They will be a much better TEAM than they are at the moment, and a damn site better TEAM than us.... cause thats what he does best, he gets players playing for each other, not for themselves.

He will do for them what he did for us, he will assess the squad and play to their strengths. Yes he will make a few mistakes along the way, but what managers doesnt.

Cant believe the ammount of abuse he gets on here, when he took over we were very much a team like we are now....SHITE!

He transformed us and got the players to believe in themselves.

For all of those that slated his style of football he got us playing, how are we doing now? or are we in transition? AGAIN!

The problem is "well done mon" and "here's what you could have won villa" go hand in hand in the media

if he gets them up to 7th (which IMO he won't, this season or next) we'llnever hear the end of it from all his pals

and what would be wrong with that? smacks of double standards if ever i seen it.

If he fails some Villa fans will be saying "I told you he was limited". he should get the pludits it he turns Sunderland into a half decent side. You cant have it all your own way.

Its called credit where credit is due!

If he does succeed there the media will have every right to say those things. He is a media darling because unless you forgot he took us to the dizzy heights of 6th THREE SEASONS IN A ROW! something we wont be seeing again in the imediate future and anytime soon after that.

Face facts, he done a fantastic job here....some people are to quick to forget that.

The way some people go on about him being limited etc, have far have we progressed since he went? we took 5 steps forward when he was here, only to go 10 steps back since he left.

For all of those that slated his style of football he got us playing, how are we doing now? or are we in transition? AGAIN!
Just because our current manager is absolutely diabolical doesn't mean MON was great.

Name me another manager that has brought us 3 consecutive 6th place finishes in the last 10-15 years...or even further....

And to add to your comment, Houlier done brilliant didnt he?

Just because our current manager is absolutely diabolical doesn't mean MON was great.

so you are one of those that wasnt happy with a free scoring team, punching above our weight, regually taking points off of the big 4, semi -final, and a final all in one season....

Cause I tell you pal, I absolutley loved it! along with many others. especially when you look how far we have fallen since.

The facts are all there mate, just because you choose to ignore them doesnt make it any differnet.

Name me another manager that has brought us 3 consecutive 6th place finishes in the last 10-15 years...or even further....

It last happened between 1930 and 1933 I am not sure who the manager was.

No, but Gregory did just as well, and Little and Atkinson did better. None of managed to achieve the coveted three consecutive 6th place finishes, but the latter two got us higher and won us a trophy each.

No, I never said that. Alright then, just becuase Houllier wasn't successful with us and McLeish is diabolical doesn't mean MON was great.

so you are one of those that wasnt happy with a free scoring team, punching above our weight, regually taking points off of the big 4, semi -final, and a final all in one season....

Cause I tell you pal, I absolutley loved it! along with many others. especially when you look how far we have fallen since.

The facts are all there mate, just because you choose to ignore them doesnt make it any differnet.

Oh yeah, I absolutely hated it. As a fan of Aston Villa I hate to see them do well... :bonk:

However, with the resources he had I don't think he did anything remarkable.

No, but Gregory did just as well, and Little and Atkinson did better. None of managed to achieve the coveted three consecutive 6th place finishes, but the latter two got us higher and won us a trophy each.

No, I never said that. Alright then, just becuase Houllier wasn't successful with us and McLeish is diabolical doesn't mean MON was great.

Oh yeah, I absolutely hated it. As a fan of Aston Villa I hate to see them do well... :bonk:

However, with the resources he had I don't think he did anything remarkable.

I wasnt having a pop mate, just think he DOES deserve a little more credit from some Villa fans. I loved watching us score lots of goals and scare some of the big boys to death... teams didnt like playing us thats for sure.

it just niggles me howSOME fans think we are better of without him, when we clearly havent been.... (not directed at you mate).

I wasnt having a pop mate, just think he DOES deserve a little more credit from some Villa fans. I loved watching us score lots of goals and scare some of the big boys to death... teams didnt like playing us thats for sure.

it just niggles me howSOME fans think we are better of without him, when we clearly havent been.... (not directed at you mate).

I do take offence to that idea that because I don't rate MON I didn't like it when we did well under him.

To be fair, we were often good against the big teams but it was often against the smaller teams where we came up short, mostly due to his tactics (or lack of).

I think we're certainly worse off now under McCleish, but at the same time I'm glad MON's gone.

Â