Martin O'Neill

maqroll

Strange he has signed a three year contract, usually 1 year rolling

Top man, top manager.

Sunderland lost one manager and got a better one we lost one and got two worse ones, the second worse than the first replacement.

Well done Randy.

The fact is he'll also be a huge attraction for players coming in to the club. Nearly every player that signed during his time here said that MON was a huge part of it.

Milner was already a Villa player in his head,

Not really, we were just the only ones willing to pay 12 million for what was a pretty average winger at Newcastle and for the first 6 months he was here.

You may not have been around then but he played for us before, under O'Leary.

Top man, top manager.

he really isnt any of them

Have you met him?

Top man.

Have you met his brother? I don't think that I have ever encountered anyone so bigoted in all of my life. Is MON similar, or is he a nice guy?

Mind you, I met Harry Redknapp a couple of years ago, and he is a lovely bloke, but people on here don't seem to think so.

Whatever anyone says about him - I never saw much gutless tripe served up so consistently under him when compared to the utter, utter shite we watch today. You'll see that Sunderland now start to win games again.

but when we had gutless tripe under MON it was always a lot worse than now.

I remember Chelsea 7-1, 0-3. Liverpool 5-0 and 3-1, Zilina, Man City 1-3, losing at home to Wigan twice. They were all worse performances than any under Eck

I remember Chelsea 7-1, 0-3. Liverpool 5-0 and 3-1, Zilina, Man City 1-3, losing at home to Wigan twice. They were all worse performances than any under Eck

That was over 4 seasons. Give Eck chance he has only been here for a third of a season.

I'd also argue that the gutless, defeatist tripe that was served up at WHL two weeks ago was up there with most of the above. The only reason Spurs didn't score 5 or 6 was because they couldn't be asked to get out of 2nd gear. Same could be said for Utd today.

The reason you remember them is because they were the exception

What we are seeing now is the rule.

what i find unbelievable he signed a three year deal but each season with us it was a one year rolling contract...

I noticed this, he did the same at Celtic. I guess he's not getting any younger so having the security of that 3 year contract behind him is what he wants plus he was in my opinion always holding out for a move to one of the top clubs which is why he wouldn't commit a longer contract. Now he needs to prove himself again.

I think he'll do a good job unfortunately, he was always going to get a job somewhere soon enough and it's just at another average club like us.

The fact is he'll also be a huge attraction for players coming in to the club. Nearly every player that signed during his time here said that MON was a huge part of it.

Milner was already a Villa player in his head,

Not really, we were just the only ones willing to pay 12 million for what was a pretty average winger at Newcastle and for the first 6 months he was here.

You may not have been around then but he played for us before, under O'Leary.

Oh really?

:bang:

It's not like he came through the youth at the club. So how can he be 'already a Villa player in his head'?

MON got him because he was willing to pay a hefty fee for somebody who at the time wasn't worth it.

Top man, top manager.

Have you met him?

Top man.

Have you met his brother? I don't think that I have ever encountered anyone so bigoted in all of my life. Is MON similar, or is he a nice guy?

Mind you, I met Harry Redknapp a couple of years ago, and he is a lovely bloke, but people on here don't seem to think so.

And because his brother might be a bigot, means O'Neill might also be a bigot?

The same MON that attended a cross community project in the Europa Hotel last year?

Top man, top manager.

Have you met him?

Top man.

And because his brother might be a bigot, means O'Neill might also be a bigot?

The same MON that attended a cross community project in the Europa Hotel last year?

I think that you should get from my message that I have never met the man, so I really would not know. I have met his brother though.

I don't actually think anything is worse than what we are currently serving up tbh.

One thing I'll say about O'Neill, he knows how to win games. Many rumors flying around as to why he quit but I doubt we'll ever know the real reason. I'd love to know what was in his contract which meant that we had to pay him.

0-3?

The game at Wembley? No chance, we dominated the game for long stages of that, struggled to create too much, had blatent penalty turned down, then they scored, after that, we still went at them again lack of quality in final third before being hit with sucker punches.

infact, in that game, read BBC sport, we had more possession and in the report, says about how pressure on chelsea. Terrible example.

Zilina, played our reserve side.

Apart from that, can count about 4/5 woeful displays under MON in 4 seasons.

2 already from McLeish in his first 14 games.

even Chelsea 7-1 game, 50% possession, 7 shots to Chelsea's 13, not ridiculous, that was our worst display under Mon. We were terrible that day but it was never because we didn't have a go.

Those games were sheer exceptions, as Richard says, these performances are more common under McLeish, too regular.

Tottenham and United game are the worst games I've seen from Villa since I've supported the club and that I can remember properly in a way that I feel I understand the game. So the last about 5 years.

Â