Martin O'Neill

maqroll

Also if we are talking about hypocrisy mantis how about your defence of houllier when performing poorly and your attacks of Mcleish for doing the same.

Now you could argue there are different circumstances and therefore they should be judged differently but in your simple view they should be ignored.

There are differences, but in essence they are the same - putting out a weakened team in order to hopefully do better in the league. To be for one (doesn't matter which one) and against the other is hypocrisy of the highest order.

If you ignore all the issues surrounding both scenarios then yes it's pretty hypocritical, however i think ignoring those issues is pretty idiotic and pointless.

Like its been pointed out the situations are different and therefore the decisions can be judged differently.

Both are instances where the manager has "thrown" the game in order to gain some form of benefit in the league. There isn't much difference there.

Also if we are talking about hypocrisy mantis how about your defence of houllier when performing poorly and your attacks of Mcleish for doing the same.

Now you could argue there are different circumstances and therefore they should be judged differently but in your simple view they should be ignored.

I already preemptively answered this in one of the McLeish threads.

I wasn't happy with the results but I agreed with some of what he was trying to do. He didn't get a pre-season either hence why I said we should give him time.

With McLeish however he's had a pre-season yet we're playing the absolute worst football I've ever seen at Villa. He's negative and we submit tamely to any big team we play. Last season we were inconsistent in that sometimes we were dire and yet other times we gave it a real good go. This season under McLeish we seem to have settled into a pattern of playing dire pretty much every game.

I wasn't happy with the results but I agreed with some of what he was trying to do. He didn't get a pre-season either hence why I said we should give him time.

With McLeish however he's had a pre-season yet we're playing the absolute worst football I've ever seen at Villa. He's negative and we submit tamely to any big team we play. Last season we were inconsistent in that sometimes we were dire and yet other times we gave it a real good go. This season under McLeish we seem to have settled into a pattern of playing dire pretty much every game.

:lol::lol:

So when it suits you you'll consider all the circumstances before reaching a decision. How noble of you to do this while calling others hypocrites when they do the same. Good work!

:lol:

So when it suits you you'll consider all the circumstances before reaching a decision. How noble of you to do this while calling others hypocrites when they do the same. Good work!

Wow!

2 managers put weakened teams out in the cup - you ignore the different circumstances, claim its the same and say people who judge them differently are hypocrites.

2 managers performing poorly in the league - This time you take in things like having a preseason or seeing a vision without results to form a different opinion on each manager.

You call others hypocites for doing exactly what you're doing.

It really is hilarious :lol:

The media wank off over O'Neill is sickening and in full flow i see.

I've only seen one journo even dare claim he aint all that, Gabriele Marcotti on the times podcast.

Notice he suddenly accepting a 3yr contract now, must be desperate after all those massive clubs came in for him.

As suspected never get a bigger club than Villa.

Decent manager, but far from perfect like the media try and make out.

I await for mentions of his degree, but not how much he has to spend at almost all the clubs he has been at.

For once 'makouns_grin' we are agreed on something.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Cuellar is on O'Neill's letter to Santa. I would also hope that Petrov might be on it as well. He can have both as we have more than able replacements in Gardner and Clark.

I note John Robertson is not going to be assistant.

That will be interesting, this will be the first time in his career he hasn't had him by his side.

In similar scenarios, it hasn't ended well.

Clough without Taylor

Benitez without that Spanish bloke

Little without Gregory

and so on.

It's not going to end well with MON and Sunderland. He's gonna to try and hoodwink another American owner into splashing out the cash, and he might be successful at doing so. But when push comes to shove, it's gonna be another Villa all over again when he doesn't win as quickly as he wants and the purse tightening starts.

Wow!

2 managers put weakened teams out in the cup - you ignore the different circumstances, claim its the same and say people who judge them differently are hypocrites.

2 managers performing poorly in the league - This time you take in things like having a preseason or seeing a vision without results to form a different opinion on each manager.

Results wise there isn't much between Houllier and McLeish (at the moment). However, if you'd actually read my posts you'll see that it's not the results I've been complaining about.

The football under McLeish now is 10 times worse than under Houllier. We weren't Barcelona or anything but it was far better than what's happening now. ANYTHING is better than what's happening now. McLeish's brand of football (if it can be called that) is the worst I've ever seen. Not only that but he sets the team up REALLY negatively. If we were playing like this under Houllier I would've complained just as much.

So no, no hypocrisy at all from me. Just because I wasn't against Houllier doesn't mean I can't be against McLeish.

Wow!

So you think it's hypocritical to maybe rate one manager above the other? I don't get what you're saying.

If he wasn't against Houllier he can't be against McLeish? :lol:

Wow!

So you think it's hypocritical to maybe rate one manager above the other? I don't get what you're saying.

If he wasn't against Houllier he can't be against McLeish? :lol:

Well no, if you read my posts I believe he can.

However doing that goes against how he believes we have to judge the Moscow and man city cup exits.

Just pointing out his flawed argument as he calls others hypocrites.

Wow!

Results wise there isn't much between Houllier and McLeish (at the moment). However, if you'd actually read my posts you'll see that it's not the results I've been complaining about.

The football under McLeish now is 10 times worse than under Houllier. We weren't Barcelona or anything but it was far better than what's happening now. ANYTHING is better than what's happening now. McLeish's brand of football (if it can be called that) is the worst I've ever seen. Not only that but he sets the team up REALLY negatively. If we were playing like this under Houllier I would've complained just as much.

So no, no hypocrisy at all from me. Just because I wasn't against Houllier doesn't mean I can't be against McLeish.

You keep supporting my view and making yourself look daft.

You've taken the simple idea of two managers performing shit and looked at the different circumstances surrounding both and used that to form two different opinions. That's good, that's what sensible people do.

The problem is when others have done the same regarding the cup exits you've called them hypocrites. Which is mind blowingly hypocritical and you fail to see this.

Wow :?

Wow!

You keep supporting my view and making yourself look daft.

You've taken the simple idea of two managers performing shit and looked at the different circumstances surrounding both and used that to form two different opinions. That's good, that's what sensible people do.

The problem is when others have done the same regarding the cup exits you've called them hypocrites. Which is mind blowingly hypocritical and you fail to see this.

Wow :?

Except managerial reigns and "throwing" cup games are two completely different things.

Oh :bang::bang::bang:

If you could let us know the criteria for which subjects we can allow ourselves to look at all the circumstances before making an informed opinion that would be great.

There was stupid old hypocrite me thinking that a sensible person would always look at everything to support thier opinion. Thanks for puttinge right.

You carry on callin people hypocrites. You deserve it.

Â