Martin O'Neill

maqroll

Honestly can't stand him anymore. And not because he walked out on us.

I wanted him replaced in the summer before he buggered off.

He gave us some great memories but ultimately made some horrible decisions at crucial points.

Dour, stubborn one trick pony.

• Like 3

Mixed feelings about him really. Fond memories of his time at Villa but not the Arrogance he showed when asked at football forums about the sale of Gary Cahill and also getting a payoff after walking out on the club, unless he was actually sacked. I don't know what really went on there. He's done nothing since Villa. A bit like Moyes post Everton. On the other hand he is a good family man and gave up work to look after his wife when very sick.  

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Lerner’s biggest mistake was giving him a third season.

Fourth? He started in 06/07.

Logical thing would've been to mutually consent the day after the Blackburn game in May 2010. Liverpool did exactly the same with Benitez a week later. MON actually thought he was going to get the Liverpool job at one point IIRC so it would've probably suited everyone.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Fourth? He started in 06/07.

Logical thing would've been to mutually consent the day after the Blackburn game in May 2010. Liverpool did exactly the same with Benitez a week later. MON actually thought he was going to get the Liverpool job at one point IIRC so it would've probably suited everyone.

No third.

43 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No third.

I'm getting old so is my memory, but wasn't it the third season where he signed quite a few players that we found out later on were on ridiculous wages. 

I always remember thinking Lerner can't have even been checking what O'Neil was spending his money on, or Lerner was just clueless about football. 

Â