The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

_________ Line drawn under this shit for me now as I have had a bellyful of this ruining my love for the best club in the world.

The ginger demon has gone, we survived so now I just want to get back to looking forward to seeing Villa play again next season.

Remember that excited feeling of anticipation before a game? no? me neither but it will comeback.

You know I am quite disappointed we didnt sack him five minutes after full time yesterday and then leave him in Norwich. Im sure he could afford a hotel for the night and the train back in the morning given the pay off he will be getting.

The latter Bent was more worried about his euro spot than sitting on the bench for us in a relegation battle.
You keep saying this, where you getting this from? :?

from the fact that Bent has declared himself a week away from full fitness, yet he hasnt been on the bench. Mcleish said he has asked him about playing and he said he wasnt ready.

If you're a week away and committed to the cause, you would risk 20 minutes in a crucial game.

it has enraged me. :evil:

Yes, but Bent himself said he was never asked. I think I know who I trust more.

I guess for me its not just about who i believe. The fact that I think he could have made himself available and hasnt is enough. He would rarely celebrate with others, even went shopping rather than support the team.

At the end of the day he left sunderland when we were below them for nothing other than money (IMO). Ive made my mind up about him along time ago, if hes still here next season and puts in a bit more effort I may change my mind.

How do you know Bent was even fit to play right now? Don't forget the Euros don't start for weeks.

Not the "he doesn't put any effort in" stuff again...

The 30 min sacking and pretty quick club statement tells me Lerner really has understood and apologises for this disastrous appointment. It seemed to be done in anger and disappointment, and that's exactly what should have been done. Our owner has grown a pair of balls, and I am now actually optimistic for the first time since September.

I don't want to think about this sorry episode for a long time. I was prepared to give him a chance, but clearly he just can't hack it at this level, and he couldn't make our pampered dickheads of players listen to him. No dressing room: no manager.

Lerner doesn't have money to throw around, so we need to be wise. It's got to be someone young and up for a challenge, who can refine that raw talent into something useful, who can tell 50% of our senior players to **** off and bother someone else with their "I get paid £50,000 a week but I'm upset with the manager so I can't be arsed" attitude.

Poyet, Rodgers (why would he leave, he's never had it so good!), Lambert, Van Gaal, Flores, Martinez, Di Matteo (probably my top choice as Roman Abramovich can't choose or conduct business with a half decent manager when he thinks he's the manager) - let's give these young guns a chance and take a risk.

Only real NOs are Curbishley, McCarthy, Bruce and Lennon. These are just suicide.

I will put my trust in Randy Lerner for the last time to make one decent appointment. One last time Randy, come on, you have learnt from your mistakes.

PS. Don't let Paul choose.

Lerner has lost all respect from me! He has a lot to do to make up for this. Its not as though he was not warned by the fans and am's record. Come on Lerner! What you going to do to get me and many others back on side after ruining our season with your stubbornness! Yes I'm glad he has sacked the manager but he don't get off that easy!

well, that saved me a fortune over the last few months

now I've got to rebuild contact with all those people that have previously blagged me tickets

I've also got to man up and book a couple of corporate seats early on next season, having been quite clear to the sales woman that I couldn't take Clients to villa this season as it didn't qualify with the tax man as entertaining.

chuffed, and having a little celebratory drink

McLeish will have to somehow rebuild his reputation after this.

He's come and gone with a whimper ultimately paying the price for believing his own delusions.

He never tried to get us playing football, never gave the job a proper go.

Shame on him for that.

Â