The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Management is a very tricky business and made all the more trickier by the large sums of money deployed to buy these players.

I don't know whether McLeish is the right manager or whether he is having a difficult time of it, but I think he needs to exert some distaste of that performance and let the world know he means business.

I know he is limited in what players he has to bring in, but I would sooner see the kids play, than allow seasoned international players take the piss.

I remember seeing gudjonsen hauled off by Mourinho against us after missing a likely chance and I couldn't help thinking rightfully or wrongfully

He (Mourinho) makes it abundantly clear what he expects.

McLeish needs to make it clear what he expects and when it is not delivered.....he needs to take immediate action.

They will soon get the message.

Management is a very tricky business and made all the more trickier by the large sums of money deployed to buy these players.

I don't know whether McLeish is the right manager or whether he is having a difficult time of it, but I think he needs to exert some distaste of that performance and let the world know he means business.

I know he is limited in what players he has to bring in, but I would sooner see the kids play, than allow seasoned international players take the piss.

I remember seeing gudjonsen hauled off by Mourinho against us after missing a likely chance and I couldn't help thinking rightfully or wrongfully

He (Mourinho) makes it abundantly clear what he expects.

McLeish needs to make it clear what he expects and when it is not delivered.....he needs to take immediate action.

They will soon get the message.

Th Swansea midfield next Sunday will probably be Allen:Britton and Gower: who cost Swansea nothing.

The starting line up made it abundantly clear what he expected last night. Play for a draw at best and then when that quickly went tits up his lack of changes made it abundantly clear that we were playing to keep the score down. That for Aston Villa is simply not good enough.

None of us know what he said to the players before they went out but I'm sure the line up told them, like us, that we were running scared before a ball had been kicked.

I'm disappointed with McCLeish. He had a few big monkeys on his back when he joined one of which was being known as a manager that played negative football far too concerned with stopping the opposition than with the damage his team can do. I was hopeful that he'd quickly want to blow away that negative tag with us. We are twice the club Sha are and I wanted him to have an arrogant attitude, be positive, let the opposition worry about what we can do and let worrying about what the opposition can do be a secondary thought. A bit of we are Aston Villa, we're here to win and we roll over for no one. Instil some belief in the players.

He has done none of the above and seems to have stuck to type. It may have been good enough for a club like Sha but its not good enough here. We have some good players who used in the right way and instilled with the confidence of the manager to go out and play could give most teams a game. He needs to start having a real go a line up with a front 6 that needs to include Bent, Gabby, NZogbia, Bannan and Ireland or Albrighton. You cannot line up with Hutton and Heskey in midfield and have NZogbia, Bannan, Ireland and Delph sitting on the bench. Collins needs **** off, Clark bringing in. He has the players. He just isn't either using them or using them in the right way.

We need to see a change in McLeish's approach to games and that will inevitably lead to changes in the line up. I won't be holding my breath.

The starting line up made it abundantly clear what he expected last night. Play for a draw at best and then when that quickly went tits up his lack of changes made it abundantly clear that we were playing to keep the score down. That for Aston Villa is simply not good enough.

None of us know what he said to the players before they went out but I'm sure the line up told them, like us, that we were running scared before a ball had been kicked.

I'm disappointed with McCLeish. He had a few big monkeys on his back when he joined one of which was being known as a manager that played negative football far too concerned with stopping the opposition than with the damage his team can do. I was hopeful that he'd quickly want to blow away that negative tag with us. We are twice the club Sha are and I wanted him to have an arrogant attitude, be positive, let the opposition worry about what we can do and let worrying about what the opposition can do be a secondary thought. A bit of we are Aston Villa we're here to win and we roll over for no one. Instil some belief in the players.

He has done none of the above and seems to have stuck to type. It may have been good enough for a club like Sha but its not good enough here. We have some good players who used in the right way and instilled with the confidence of the manager to go out a play could give most teams a game. He needs to start having a real go a line up with a front 6 that needs to include Bent, Gabby, NZogbia, Bannan and Ireland or Albrighton. You cannot line up with Hutton and Heskey in midfield and have NZogbia, Bannan, Ireland and Delph sitting on the bench. Collins needs **** off, Clark bringing in. He has the players. He just isn't either using them or using them in the right way.

We need to see a change in McLeish's approach to games and that will inevitably lead to changes in the line up. I won't be holding my breath.

Spot on for me...

For me last night it was try to contend spurs as long as possible. When that failed early doors a change needed to be made. Eck didn't have the guts or nous to do it and therefore just went for damage limitation....which is just not acceptable. I expected a loss but to lose without even trying is just a disgrace.

Gabbys brother tweeted today that all the players knew before kick-off they were playing to keep the score down.

What kind of confidence boost is that? An absolute disgrace this man is managing our club.

What kind of manager says just don't let it be a route?! That really motivates the guys to go out and give it their all. What will McLeish say when we play Manu, Chelsea, or Arsenal?

Gabbys brother tweeted today that all the players knew before kick-off they were playing to keep the score down.

What kind of confidence boost is that? An absolute disgrace this man is managing our club.

What kind of manager says just don't let it be a route?! That really motivates the guys to go out and give it their all. What will McLeish say when we play Manu, Chelsea, or Arsenal?

I can't imagine he said that but every player in that dressing room would have known what he meant from the selection and team talk...

It is a disgrace and I would sack him for it. Then again you speak to every knuckledragger and they will confirm that this was his main tactic during his tenure in charge of them.

There wasn't uproar in the summer because he came from the Scum but because he is an unimaginative, tactically incompotent, negative and allround shitty manager!! If Mourhino was their manager and he came to us would people have moaned? Not the majority IMO!

Randy we warned you what would happen on the pitch and we were right!

Effectively that is an attitude for the "usual" Top 6. So basically we can expect a similar mentality for another 10 games.

Playing like this against the Top 6 means we will have 26 games to accumulate our 42 point tally generally needed to survive.

AMC is a joke. Fans calling talkSPORT last night were saying it was a disgrace and most weren't Villa fans. The fact that are board seem happy for us to go forward like this is equally as depressing.

Perhaps the media might start to cotton on to why the majority of the fans didn't want mcLeish in the first place, instead of portraying us as fans who are petty and didn't want him because of where he came from. I know that some fans didn't want him because of his sha connections, but i would say the majority didn't want him because of his record of dire football. It is just the minority were louder, and more of a story for the press.

I'm disappointed with McCLeish. He had a few big monkeys on his back when he joined one of which was being known as a manager that played negative football far too concerned with stopping the opposition than with the damage his team can do. I was hopeful that he'd quickly want to blow away that negative tag with us. We are twice the club Sha are and I wanted him to have an arrogant attitude, be positive, let the opposition worry about what we can do and let worrying about what the opposition can do be a secondary thought. A bit of we are Aston Villa we're here to win and we roll over for no one. Instil some belief in the players.

He has done none of the above and seems to have stuck to type. It may have been good enough for a club like Sha but its not good enough here. We have some good players who used in the right way and instilled with the confidence of the manager to go out a play could give most teams a game. He needs to start having a real go a line up with a front 6 that needs to include Bent, Gabby, NZogbia, Bannan and Ireland or Albrighton. You cannot line up with Hutton and Heskey in midfield and have NZogbia, Bannan, Ireland and Delph sitting on the bench. Collins needs **** off, Clark bringing in. He has the players. He just isn't either using them or using them in the right way.

Spot on for me...

For me last night it was try to contend spurs as long as possible. When that failed early doors a change needed to be made. Eck didn't have the guts or nous to do it and therefore just went for damage limitation....which is just not acceptable. I expected a loss but to lose without even trying is just a disgrace.

This for me too, more than happy to ignore his past and give him the benefit of the doubt, more than happy that some performances was down to a new manager getting to know his players. But the whole Spurs thing was just wrong on so many levels and he pretty much got nothing right.

I wouldn't pay too much credence to Gabby's brother. The guy constantly seems to have an agenda against the club at the minute.

I cannot see the manager telling the players that a low score defeat would be acceptable. Hope to get a draw or nick a win maybe.

McLeish played the wrong tactics on Monday, it happens! The players showed no fight and desire, it happens!

The important thing is the reaction!

It keeps smacking me in the face how shit he really is, sometimes you wonder 'am I being over board' but oh no, he really is a terrible football manager, dont get me wrong Spurs are better than us, but we are much better than the side he picked/ and is picking and should have some pride n gave them a game.

I wouldnt blame Darren Bent if he wanted out soon, how is he meant to score goals without any service? n we have Albrighton (he needs a run if you ask me) who is a good crosser of the ball left in in favor of **** Heskey!? its all great trying to stop goals but when you have that dumb Goonies looking Oaf in the centre by the name of James Collins then we have no chance.

I'm really bewildered with Villa right now, I even voluntarily made my gf's night by putting on Im a celebrity cos it was that dire to watch, what it coming to!

It keeps smacking me in the face how shit he really is, sometimes you wonder 'am I being over board' but oh no, he really is a terrible football manager, dont get me wrong Spurs are better than us, but we are much better than the side he picked/ and is picking and should have some pride n gave them a game.

I wouldnt blame Darren Bent if he wanted out soon, how is he meant to score goals without any service? n we have Albrighton (he needs a run if you ask me) who is a good crosser of the ball left in in favor of **** Heskey!? its all great trying to stop goals but when you have that dumb Goonies looking Oaf in the centre by the name of James Collins then we have no chance.

I'm really bewildered with Villa right now, I even voluntarily made my gf's night by putting on Im a celebrity cos it was that dire to watch, what it coming to!

I almost (almost) switched channel going into the last 10 mins. Was awful!

I almost (almost) switched channel going into the last 10 mins. Was awful!

except the first 40 seconds remember, we were like a highlight reel of Barca!

To me, Football is all about the players you have out there on the pitch, and you simply dont start Hutton & Heskey whilst leaving Bannan and NZogbia on the bench. In no way, shape or form, do either of the 2 wingers that started represent better options than the options available on the bench.

To me, Football is all about the players you have out there on the pitch, and you simply dont start Hutton & Heskey whilst leaving Bannan and NZogbia on the bench. In no way, shape or form, do either of the 2 wingers that started represent better options than the options available on the bench.

The fact that in Mcleish's eyes Heskey represents a better option for anything at all is very very worrying. I cant help that fear that in the future Heskey will be on Piers Morgan life stories talking about how he fooled football clubs to pay him millions to pose as a footballer, to then reveal his side kick....Derren Brown. Really frustrates the life out of me that hes even at a club let alone starting infront of at least 6 players we could name that clearly need to play ahead of him.

Â