The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was okay with McLeish coming in - thought he might be okay - now I'm having real doubts. I don't and never did give a toss that he was ex-bluenose but his negative bias and the crass negativity at Spurs bothers me big time. Swansea aren't Spurs and although a decent outfit, we should be going out to attack them - if he gets this one wrong then that's it - I'm switching to the McLeish Out camp !

Ah the penny drops, finally!

I really do think that a majority of us on here that didn't want McUseless couldn't care less about his previous employers it was always his anti-football tactics that bothered me. Trouble is we will be stuck with this for at least this season as RL will not/can't afford to get rid of him.

it's not about the penny dropping, and it's not about everyone who has been after his head since the start of the season being right.

some of us have been willing to give him a chance, and i think we have seen a few improvements. morale is much better, and we've seen a few players improving, especially gabby. we've played pretty well in patches. however, it's not about a realisation, more fears becoming reality. the men behind the ball, giving away possession, Emile Heskey. i think there is potential for it to work out while we 'stablise' (remainder of the season), but McLeish needs to stop setting us up like we're **** Birmingham City.

I was okay with McLeish coming in - thought he might be okay - now I'm having real doubts. I don't and never did give a toss that he was ex-bluenose but his negative bias and the crass negativity at Spurs bothers me big time. Swansea aren't Spurs and although a decent outfit, we should be going out to attack them - if he gets this one wrong then that's it - I'm switching to the McLeish Out camp !

Ah the penny drops, finally!

I really do think that a majority of us on here that didn't want McUseless couldn't care less about his previous employers it was always his anti-football tactics that bothered me. Trouble is we will be stuck with this for at least this season as RL will not/can't afford to get rid of him.

Morale has been better this season but could it have really got any worse last season? I would also argue that the Spurs game highlighted a real morale issue with our senior players, particularly Collins. We have the arrogance of Chelsea's senior players but none of the talent.

it's not about the penny dropping, and it's not about everyone who has been after his head since the start of the season being right.

some of us have been willing to give him a chance, and i think we have seen a few improvements. morale is much better, and we've seen a few players improving, especially gabby. we've played pretty well in patches. however, it's not about a realisation, more fears becoming reality. the men behind the ball, giving away possession, Emile Heskey. i think there is potential for it to work out while we 'stablise' (remainder of the season), but McLeish needs to stop setting us up like we're **** Birmingham City.

I'd agree on most points and while it's good to not he has got the best out of Gabby, unfortunately, alot of other members of the squad have gone backwards. Bent and particularly Albrighton are shadows of the players they were. Bannan obviously has talent to burn but needs reigning in and games. Delph made a decent start to the season but has gone backwards, the defence look like they've never played with each other, Hutton has been nothing but a liability since he came here and N'Zogbia must be kicking himself for not joining Newcastle. McLeish hasn't got a clue how to use a player like him. Where the hell has the Fonz disappeared off to as well? Can't get near the team, and Gary Gardner will go the same way. What the **** our midfielders on the bench must think when they see 'Der Kaiser' Heskey line up to start a game in the middle of the park is beyond me. Petrov I just feel sorry for. He's willing, but not so able any more and we should be looking to replace him or have younger fitter players doing the donkey work, not lining him up with an actual donkey in Heskey and two right backs, one of who is a reject from a team who used to be our rivals and is shit, and the other a youngster.

Great, I'm wound up now. :evil:

Things need to change and quickly, starting with the manager, then the dressing room "massive" who want it their way or the teddy is out the pram. The club needs majory surgery on both the playing and first team coaching staff, the appointment of McLeish was nothing more than a stop gap to pretend that there is not a problem within the dressing room, a bloody yes man for the board and players.

This is Aston Villa Football Club and the players are paid employees, either get with the program or get out. Faulkners ridiculous statement about Warnock shows how bloody gutless he is, the tool should never have pulled on the shirt again.

I would rather see our kids given the chance to make an impact than a bunch of players who are the wrongside of 30 wanting their cake and eating it.

Sick of hearing the same popularity rubbish, can someone point out where the premier league award payments for being nice? McLeish is not here to make friends, he is here to manage a football club.

How much respect in the world of football does someone have who managed to finish 3rd in the SPL with Rangers?

Not only that but he took Rangers on their longest ever winless streak in the SPL

but he won more trophies head to head than the previous manager we had from SPL and he never got as much criticism especially after some dreadful performances in his 1st season here

How much respect in the world of football does someone have who managed to finish 3rd in the SPL with Rangers?

Not only that but he took Rangers on their longest ever winless streak in the SPL

but he won more trophies head to head than the previous manager we had from SPL and he never got as much criticism especially after some dreadful performances in his 1st season here

Erm..

When did MON finish 3rd in SPL?

When did MON relegate a side from the Premiership twice?

MON had his faults but dont try to compare this embarrassment bad version of Gary Megson with him.

I'm not really bothered who's in charge as long as they're willing to go into each game and give it a go. That's why I didnt mind GH so much cos he wanted our players to try to express themselves and try to win. It just didnt work out, but we tried.

AMC - I cant accept just setting up for a draw, I cant accept playing not to lose, and not giving a toss about winning.

We're not going to do anything in this league now, well, finishing in the top 7 is very unlikely. So why not just go into games, trying to win everyone with an attacking mindset? We've got a good enough squad to put on some really entertaining games and finish around 15th-8th in the league. Which is all we can expect anyway.

I'm not really bothered who's in charge as long as they're willing to go into each game and give it a go. That's why I didnt mind GH so much cos he wanted our players to try to express themselves and try to win. It just didnt work out, but we tried.

AMC - I cant accept just setting up for a draw, I cant accept playing not to lose, and not giving a toss about winning.

We're not going to do anything in this league now, well, finishing in the top 7 is very unlikely. So why not just go into games, trying to win everyone with an attacking mindset? We've got a good enough squad to put on some really entertaining games and finish around 15th-8th in the league. Which is all we can expect anyway.

It is the only way he knows how to manage a side. He is utterly clueless.

Also is reason why Birmingham were relegated last season.

Birmingham only lost ONE more game than we did last season.

Wolves lost 5 more games than Birmingham did but stayed up.

He is perhaps the most negative curmudgeon manager ever to manage in the Premiership.

Â