The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

To me, Football is all about the players you have out there on the pitch, and you simply dont start Hutton & Heskey whilst leaving Bannan and NZogbia on the bench. In no way, shape or form, do either of the 2 wingers that started represent better options than the options available on the bench.

The fact that in Mcleish's eyes Heskey represents a better option for anything at all is very very worrying. I cant help that fear that in the future Heskey will be on Piers Morgan life stories talking about how he fooled football clubs to pay him millions to pose as a footballer, to then reveal his side kick....Derren Brown. Really frustrates the life out of me that hes even at a club let alone starting infront of at least 6 players we could name that clearly need to play ahead of him.

The odd thing is that it is not just McLeish who has this obsession. It was MON, Houllier and Capello as well.

I don't get it. There must be something they see that I don't.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, Football is all about the players you have out there on the pitch, and you simply dont start Hutton & Heskey whilst leaving Bannan and NZogbia on the bench. In no way, shape or form, do either of the 2 wingers that started represent better options than the options available on the bench.

The fact that in Mcleish's eyes Heskey represents a better option for anything at all is very very worrying. I cant help that fear that in the future Heskey will be on Piers Morgan life stories talking about how he fooled football clubs to pay him millions to pose as a footballer, to then reveal his side kick....Derren Brown. Really frustrates the life out of me that hes even at a club let alone starting infront of at least 6 players we could name that clearly need to play ahead of him.

The odd thing is that it is not just McLeish who has this obsession. It was MON, Houllier and Capello as well.

I don't get it. There must be something they see that I don't.

Its a band wagon effect, years ago a couple of people thought he was ok and 'did a job' n its just snowballed when they actually believe there own bullshit. In all honesty and I really mean it....you could find somebody in the 3rd division who as literally equal the same ability as Heskey who will do the 'same job' for faaaaaarrrrr less money (cuts ya wage bill Randy, get on it)

At least all of the above played Heskey in attack. We've seen players play in some bizarre positions down the years but I think Heskey in midfield tops the lot.

All have played Heskey on the left wing also

I don't recall them consistently playing him in midfield though.

It depends what you class as midfield.

I have never seen him play in Petrov, Herd, Delp etc position. I am not advocating him playing behind the sriker or on the wing though.

In my opinion he is playing him as a trequartista, which he is crap at. But other managers have played him in those forward position (not striker) too.

I am certainly no fan of McLeish, didnt want him before he was appointed and from whats been seen so far want rid asap, however have a look at the current squad.

Take out Bent, Gabby, Petrov and Given (maybe Dunne and NZog on form) and what you are left with is possibly one of the Worst I have seen down Villa Park since I first saw them in the old 3rd Division as a lad.

Collins, Hutton, Ireland, Heskey and Beye just are not good enough. Cuellar would be a better option at right back or in the centre but will be off in the summer so shouldnt we be giving the kids a chance so we know if they are likely to be good enough.

The rest of the squad are youngsters with little to no experience of premiership football - If he knew what he was coming into then he either just wanted a nice payrise or is going slightly mad......

With Lerner looking to make a further reduction in wages we better hope that some of our youth are going to be the real deal or we are only going in one direction.

mccleish needs to be hard and take a massive gamble in my opinion the experienced boys (other than a spine of given, dunne, petrov, aggy and bent) are not really doing owt. put the kids around them and lets see what happens. worse is we get relegated but no-one dies!

he needs to start from scratch in my opinion but he unfort still has a job on his hands due to the mismanagement and naivety under MON; not that MON was a bad manager its just that money was spent lavishly on very avergae middle of the road players.

if the kids can thrive...we will survive.

mccleish needs to be hard and take a massive gamble in my opinion the experienced boys (other than a spine of given, dunne, petrov, aggy and bent) are not really doing owt. put the kids around them and lets see what happens. worse is we get relegated but no-one dies!

he needs to start from scratch in my opinion but he unfort still has a job on his hands due to the mismanagement and naivety under MON; not that MON was a bad manager its just that money was spent lavishly on very avergae middle of the road players.

if the kids can thrive...we will survive.

How about this..

----------------- Given ---------------

Hutton - Dunne - Clark - Warnock

-------- Gardner --- Herd -----------

N'Zogbia ---- Ireland --- Agbonlahor

------------------ Bent -------------------

I suppose thats not much of a change.. Collins for Clark, Gardner for Petrov and Ireland for Bannan/ Heskey. Still, I have faith that Ireland can do well in the right system. N'Zogbia started to play better before he was dropped against Spurs.

I think I'm just sick of seeing people walk past Petrov, while he drips of sweat, then seeing Collins go sliding across the floor time after time.

perosnally i'd just send ireland to a cave somewhere and leave him there. he is an enigma and not a very good one (although he did beat me at a national skills competition at Old trafford in 2000! he won i came 5th! ). thats my personal opinion though. nzog im undecided on he could come good and shouldn't be written off yet. i just want a team that sweat blood and tears really and the youngsters seem to do that! i'd have

given

cuellar clark dunne

albrighton bannan herd petrov nzog/gardner

bent agbonlahor

For me, everything McCleish has said has been honest and hasn't said much wrong. Results could have been better but solid. The ONE criticism I have is that ok we've conceded stupid goals, but if we attack more, this would mean less pressure on the defence, whereas we seem to be containing a team for 90 minutes, where it clearly shows from set pieces our defenders do not have the concentration and mentality to contain for 90 minutes. Thus giving stupid goals away.

For me, everything McCleish has said has been honest and hasn't said much wrong. Results could have been better but solid. The ONE criticism I have is that ok we've conceded stupid goals, but if we attack more, this would mean less pressure on the defence, whereas we seem to be containing a team for 90 minutes, where it clearly shows from set pieces our defenders do not have the concentration and mentality to contain for 90 minutes. Thus giving stupid goals away.

I don't think anyone is calling him a liar, just a very poor manager.

I don't think anyone is calling him a liar, just a very poor manager.

I know, I didn't try and insinuate anyone was calling him a liar, im just pleased he comes out and says, "yes we were dog shite" monday.

Â