The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate of mine is a nose and when we appointed McLueless he said that the ginger word removed started off decently but then brought Peter Grant in and from then on it was woeful shit.

McLeish, if you want to save this, sack Grant, grow some balls and get the team trying to WIN games.

Actually, forget all that, just **** off.

it's the basic stuff that's getting to me. As I said on the last page, and i think AVFC POB touched on it too, not having a link between attack and midfield is Sunday league stuff.

If a team set up against me on a Sunday like Villa did last night, I'd know exactly what to tell my players. Sit deep, don't let them in behind, they've got nothign to play with in front of the defence.

I, and I'm sure hundreds of others, spotted that within about 10 minutes last night. yet we all sat there for the next 80 without it being changed.

Not to pretend I'm some genius (which i am) but 5 minutes into the game I said to my mate...."this is the sort of game we'll be ok for 10 minutes and then concede around 15 minutes, another before half time and then a 3rd or 4th after the break"

well I got the first part right, so inevitable it was embarrassing. Thankfully Spurs 2nd half didn't seem to care about putting more past us because if they did, I'm positive it would have been more.

Never seen anything so bad.

McLeish really needs to start putting some faith in the younger players. For all his talk of how we'll have to use lots of youth this season, at best we've seen 2 (and mostly, just one) from Delph, Bannan, Herd in the team. Each match we should be looking to start 3-4 out of:

Delph, Bannan, Herd, Clark, Gardner, Delfouneso, Weimann, Lichaj (when fit), Johnson, Albrighton

They will be inconsistent & I'm not sure any are up to starting week-in-week-out all season, but they need to be getting a good amount of time on the pitch & we can rotate between them over the season. Unfortunately McLeish seems to be in the mindset where if it's a tough fixture (e.g. Spurs, away), he'll pick a safe team to keep the score as close to 0-0 as possible and if it's an easy fixture (e.g. Norwich, home), he's into short term thinking and picking the seasoned pros because he knows he can't afford to drop points.

He calls it a transitional season, but the transition doesn't seem to be happening - just a general stagnation. Next match, what changes will we see, will we see some transition and bring in, say, Clark, Bannan & Gardner? or will we just see the introduction of a Spurs loanee?

The whole sorry saga is so predictable that it makes you wonder at the sanity of Randy Lerner and his willingness to listen to Paul Faulkner.

How could this not go wrong.

Relegated manager from local rival comes in with established pedigree at grinding out draws, setting up teams not to lose rather than to go out to win. Fans revolt, to no avail and manager proceeds to dismantle any aspirations of league success, team starts to slide, fans revolt (again), players become unsettled and move elsewhere, team continues to slide, attendances fall etc etc etc.

How did RL and PF miss this, are they living in a bubble. It was never, ever going to work, ever, full stop.

We've got McLeish for the foreseeable future unfortunately that's just a reality we need to accept. To do anything else will send us down a slippery slope like Blackburn are free falling down.

The team selection last night was bizarre, the performance was abysmal and has exposed the gulf in class of our Midfield and Defense that many of us have highlighted before against the 'smaller' teams. More worrying than anything for me is the lack of determination, passion and fight in any part of the team, the majority of the team out there last night seemed resigned to losing, our heads dropped. Herd, Gabby and Bannan being the exceptions.

It's like having half of your team is Stephen Ireland. I don't know how you can change that mentality, I'm no man management expert (and neither is AMc by the looks of it) my only idea is to make some competition for places more fierce, most likely bringing through the youth to challenge for places as our squad is so small.

Clark, Bannan, Herd and Cueller need to be challenging the Collins and Huttons and other poor performers in our squad to raise their game and improve their attitude.

I think it's quite telling in the AVTV interview with AMc after last nights match how clearly annoyed he is with some of the players attitudes, no heart on show at all.

We've got McLeish for the foreseeable future unfortunately that's just a reality we need to accept. To do anything else will send us down a slippery slope like Blackburn are free falling down.

The team selection last night was bizarre, the performance was abysmal and has exposed the gulf in class of our Midfield and Defense that many of us have highlighted before against the 'smaller' teams. More worrying than anything for me is the lack of determination, passion and fight in any part of the team, the majority of the team out there last night seemed resigned to losing, our heads dropped. Herd, Gabby and Bannan being the exceptions.

It's like having half of your team is Stephen Ireland. I don't know how you can change that mentality, I'm no man management expert (and neither is AMc by the looks of it) my only idea is to make some competition for places more fierce, most likely bringing through the youth to challenge for places as our squad is so small.

Clark, Bannan, Herd and Cueller need to be challenging the Collins and Huttons and other poor performers in our squad to raise their game and improve their attitude.

I think it's quite telling in the AVTV interview with AMc after last nights match how

clearly annoyed he is with some of the players attitudes, no heart on show at all.

I agree with most of what your saying but look at the last paragraph. The problem being that the players will have a shit attitude if what their being told is to be negative in their game. It will only breed a negative attitude. At least 4 or 5 midfielders will be questioning his logic and I'm sure you could possibly add our forwards to the list. He really needs to stop undermining the players with shit tactics and selections.

I think it's quite telling in the AVTV interview with AMc after last nights match how

clearly annoyed he is with some of the players attitudes, no heart on show at all.

I agree with most of what your saying but look at the last paragraph. The problem being that the players will have a shit attitude if what their being told is to be negative in their game. It will only breed a negative attitude. At least 4 or 5 midfielders will be questioning his logic and I'm sure you could possibly add our forwards to the list. He really needs to stop undermining the players with shit tactics and selections.

I've just watched the interview too - yes he does appear pretty hacked off with players but the big question for me is, what will he do about it?

Will he (as he should) drop those players to show them their place isn't guaranteed or will he (as he probably will) continue to play them and hope things sort themselves out?

I can understand the players questioning last nights tactics but it was them who made the fundamental basic errors - giving the ball away, sloppy and needless fouls, poor marking on set plays etc

He won't do anything about it. He's been going on about how poor our defense is for months yet hasn't changed a single thing.

Yeah, he keeps going on about obvious mistakes yet does nothing to rectify the mistakes. He says they don't make them in training only matches.

He hasn't a clue how to fix our problems which is evident by the fact he put all our men behind the ball last night.

The mans player selection is at best mystifying.

His peculiar preoccupation with Heskey is so frustrating, especially when the likes of the ever-improving CNZ sit festering on the sidelines. Now. though I am not entirely ignorant of the big mans work rate, there comes a time when it makes sense to hang up the old boots.......and that time is currently long overdue.

Likewise with Collins, although that has more to do with the fact that the guy is crap anyway, so there are mitigating circumstances there.

AMC has to prove himself. Not just to the fans, but to the young blood coming through the ranks as well. They don't want to be under the impression that to cut it in one of Ecks sides you have to be of pensionable age or someones cast-off (cough-cough Hutton).

The team needs new life breathing into it......fast.

He won't do anything about it. He's been going on about how poor our defense is for months yet hasn't changed a single thing.

Its just the same shit as last season

Yeah, worse perhaps. At least we gave Spurs some good games last season. The clown needs to go, I'd rather KMac managed us for the rest of the season.

i predict ridgewell and craig gardner to join in the jan transfer window. Any more transfer predictions?

I personally wouldn't have picked them two - I'm gonna go with Zarate and Hangeland. Worked for me on FIFA12.

Â