The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

For me, everything McCleish has said has been honest and hasn't said much wrong. Results could have been better but solid. The ONE criticism I have is that ok we've conceded stupid goals, but if we attack more, this would mean less pressure on the defence, whereas we seem to be containing a team for 90 minutes, where it clearly shows from set pieces our defenders do not have the concentration and mentality to contain for 90 minutes. Thus giving stupid goals away.

I don't think anyone is calling him a liar, just a very poor manager.

I know, I didn't try and insinuate anyone was calling him a liar, im just pleased he comes out and says, "yes we were dog shite" monday.

I wish he'd been totally honest and said 'I am a Ginger Porridge Eating Surrender Monkey for picking that side and a tw@t for thinking a midfield containing Hutton and Heskey was a anything other than the ramblings of a clinically insane individual. Therefore I resign from the club and promise to pay back all the compo that Randy paid that shitty little club for my services.'

That would be an honest interview in my eyes!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given

Cuellar Dunne Clark Warnock

Jenas Petrov Bannan

N'Zogbia Bent Agbonlahor.

Simple stuff this! ;)

Can't fault that really mate. As long as the Full Backs sit and not push up. They are both pace less and have nothing to offer past the half way line + If we play Clark (good player) I would be worried about Warnock especially to lose a player, Clarke comes over and gets a red card.

Petrov to sit in between Defence and midfield to mop up a bit with the 2 RM / LM to go narrow when defending which in theory will filter them out to the sitting FB's.

Nice options up front as Zog /Gab can swap around now and then.

If Bannan and Gab can click with some nice through balls for him one never knows.

Like it though POB. Good stuff geezer. :D

Said it from day one when AM became our manager that by Christmas we would be in the bottom six.

When you put a shite manager with one of the worst squads we have seen representing our Villa then its only going to go one way.

Randy will have a major decision to make come January. Does he back AM with more money or does he bring in Mark Hughes and give him enough funds to get us out of relegation trouble?

We lose Sunday, the idiot should be gone, because we'll know whats coming over the following few weeks.

I expect us to get nothing out of the game the weekend.

Similar to the QPR game away we will attempt to fan the flames and play boring anti football over the players heads for 3 quarters of the game with an attack every now and again trying to nick a goal.

Quite stupid really considering were conceding 1 - 2 goals a game at the minute so inviting pressure onto ourselves is pretty foolhardy us only scoring one would have us break even at best

Swansea have alot of pace in wide area's that can hurt us Sinclair and Dyer is McNegative going to play a defender in midfield again with the powerhouse Heskey in there as well...

Only time will tell i expect us to give swansea an easy game though they are very good at home Manure could only manage a 1 - 0 win with their full strength side out.

I really would love to be optimistic for a change but being an Aston Villa fan as of late there is no room for optimism i feel about as negative as the style of football i see week in week out

We lose Sunday, the idiot should be gone, because we'll know whats coming over the following few weeks.

I expect us to get nothing out of the game the weekend.

Similar to the QPR game away we will attempt to fan the flames and play boring anti football over the players heads for 3 quarters of the game with an attack every now and again trying to nick a goal.

Dyer is McNegative going to play a defender in midfield again with the powerhouse Heskey in there as well...

wasnt the only attack we had in that qpr game bannans penalty?

I was okay with McLeish coming in - thought he might be okay - now I'm having real doubts. I don't and never did give a toss that he was ex-bluenose but his negative bias and the crass negativity at Spurs bothers me big time. Swansea aren't Spurs and although a decent outfit, we should be going out to attack them - if he gets this one wrong then that's it - I'm switching to the McLeish Out camp !

No Heskey. Please.

Must take a risk, must put out potential players, must, MUST put out a positive attacking lineup.

If we put out another defensive backs-to-the-wall team we're going to get slaughtered. And I'm not even joking - Swansea will bombard us, they're not shy and Rogers has got them playing positive, fast paced stuff. They believe in themselves. Our players/manager seem to be under the impression that the top boys cannot be beaten and the rest are there for the draw.

A draw a game will certainly not get us relegated. But it's **** boring. Ah well.

I was okay with McLeish coming in - thought he might be okay - now I'm having real doubts. I don't and never did give a toss that he was ex-bluenose but his negative bias and the crass negativity at Spurs bothers me big time. Swansea aren't Spurs and although a decent outfit, we should be going out to attack them - if he gets this one wrong then that's it - I'm switching to the McLeish Out camp !

Ah the penny drops, finally!

I really do think that a majority of us on here that didn't want McUseless couldn't care less about his previous employers it was always his anti-football tactics that bothered me. Trouble is we will be stuck with this for at least this season as RL will not/can't afford to get rid of him.

I really do think that a majority of us on here that didn't want McUseless couldn't care less about his previous employers it was always his anti-football tactics that bothered me. Trouble is we will be stuck with this for at least this season as RL will not/can't afford to get rid of him.

We are stuck with him.

3 year contract and club spent quite a lot in getting him here :oops:

Hes not going anywhere...unfortunately

Perhaps the most negative manager ever to manage in Prem?

Worse than Gary Megson.

Can only hope he has a road to Damascus type of conversion in football management terms and stops being crap and actually starts managing properly .

His results haven't been that bad so far but he predictably hasn't a clue how to get a side playing or trying to win a game.

Just like at Birmingham. Crap team selections , woeful tactics.

Playing Heskey and Hutton in midfield and 6 defenders out of choice (ie- no injury crisis) was a complete disgrace and re-emphasised how crap and negative he is .

But the point remains he aint going anywhere soon lets just hope he changes.

We are stuck with him.

3 year contract and club spent quite a lot in getting him here :oops:

Hes not going anywhere...unfortunately

Perhaps the most negative manager ever to manage in Prem?

Worse than Gary Megson.

Can only hope he has a road to Damascus type of conversion in football management terms and stops being crap and actually starts managing properly .

His results haven't been that bad so far but he predictably hasn't a clue how to get a side playing or trying to win a game.

Just like at Birmingham. Crap team selections , woeful tactics.

Playing Heskey and Hutton in midfield and 6 defenders out of choice (ie- no injury crisis) was a complete disgrace and re-emphasised how crap and negative he is .

But the point remains he aint going anywhere soon lets just hope he changes.

Bloodly depressing isn't it!!

Randy et al have really put us in a no win situation (quite literally)!

Shit tactics for the foreseealble!

I am genuinely sick of hearing what a nice guy he is and how he is so well respected in the world of football (latest - Faulkner's interview with Tom Ross on BRMB). It doesn't matter how nice you are, the guy is a crap manager who plays the dullest of football - his track record is there for all to see.

Â