The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I don't think the attacking players in our squad really respect McLeish. When I was reading about Carlos Tevez' explanation of what transpired on that eventful day in Munich, I noticed something interesting. He said that he (and Edin Dzeko) got pissed because Mancini put on De Jong for Dzeko to presumably keep the score at 2-0 (this is debatable, but this is how Tevez saw it). Now, that was only one incident. Imagine the players in our club like Ireland and N'Zogbia who have to put up with AM doing that throughout countless games this season?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read Keane's comments about a possible return to the premier league - maybe there's more to this USA jolly than just idea sharing with the Browns coach....

Interesting. What did Keane say?

"I've enjoyed my spell here at Villa. It's a great club but it was my choice to go to the States. I could have stayed in the Premier League for a few more years but I didn't.

"When I go back to LA, it could be completely different. At this moment in time I can't tell what will happen. It's a case of watch this space.

"But people have seen over the years with the clubs I've been at, how quickly I leave if I don't think I fit in.

"Once I get something in my head I make a decision fairly quickly and stick to it."

McLeish has promised him the world to come to villa, maybe the captain's role has been talked about too!

Can't see Petrov being stripped of the captaincy

Would love to see Keane stay longer though. Can't see it though why would you give up LA for brum?

Just read Keane's comments about a possible return to the premier league - maybe there's more to this USA jolly than just idea sharing with the Browns coach....

When i read the above post, for some reason, i thought it was concerning the return of Roy to the Premiership and replacing AM.

Don't really know whether to be sad or overjoyed that its not?

Would anyone consider Roy Keane as a replacement for AM?

When i read the above post, for some reason, i thought it was concerning the return of Roy to the Premiership and replacing AM.

Id bloody consider 'Fred Goodwin' over McLeish!

At least with Roy Keane you'd know that like him or loathe him he'll throw a moody in 9 months time and never been seen again. Only to pop up occassionally and slate some behind the scenes aspect of our club.

Nah, not for me, other than it would jolt us out of the current slo mo train wreck.

there is a Robbie Keane thread for Robbie Keane related issues. Let's use this thread for slating that tard Alex McLeish. Also let me be clear to any press reading, especially the unusually quite and yet equally clueless Matthew Kendrick: I don't hate him because he came from Birmingham City, to do so would be to validate their existance and to shoe the press that they get up my nose, they don't. They are in the fizzy pop league thanks to a clueless Manager and that's the difference. Hate him because he's shit at what he does, not because he took BCFC down.

there is a Robbie Keane thread for Robbie Keane related issues. Let's use this thread for slating that tard Alex McLeish. Also let me be clear to any press reading, especially the unusually quite and yet equally clueless Matthew Kendrick: I don't hate him because he came from Birmingham City, to do so would be to validate their existance and to shoe the press that they get up my nose, they don't. They are in the fizzy pop league thanks to a clueless Manager and that's the difference. Hate him because he's shit at what he does, not because he took BCFC down.

If there is part of AM's career I don't hate it's the fact that he single handedly put those knuckle dragging twunts back where they belong!

The press need to understand we hate him because he is a turgid, talentless twunt of a manager!! However the press are as good at printing the truth as AM is good at playing entertaining football so therefore them printing their ill informed lies is what we read every day!

So, to sum up. McLeish gets to go on a boys jolly to America to look at a "model" at Cleveland Browns which has seen them consistently finish bottom of their division. The reason he's there is because he failed to motivate his team well enough, or to change the shape of the side, to sucessfully hold a 2-0 half time lead against a badly mis-firing Arsenal side. Villa have won, what is it? 6 from their 25 games this season went out of both cups early and currently lie 15th in a piss poor Premier Division where Swansea City, Norwich City are above us. What a fanfuckingtastic decision it was to appoint him. And yet, THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE ON THIS SITE WILLING TO STICK UP FOR MCLEISH. Get real people.
People only hate him because of where he came from...

:lol:

Its not the only reason, but it is a still a massive factor and always will be.

Those who pretend it's not really a major if not THE major factor, should re-read the posts on this site from the first week he was appointed. He wasn't hated then "because of how badly he has set us up to play" as some pretend is their whole complaint.

oh get a grip will you! If you are happy with what is happening under his management then your expectations are rock bottom.

Me get a grip? I made the valid point that plenty were livid that we hired somebody from blues at the time the hiring was made. It's clear if you look back at the posts at the time. It proves that for many, where he came from is A major if not THE major problem. Many hated him long before he "ruined our style of play" or "set us up to lose.' You ignored my post, told me to "get a grip" and attack me for your assertion that I have no expectations. A straw man argument is when you put words in the other persons mouth and then attack him for "saying" them.

The same nonsense is aggravating when posters put words in the managers mouth and then attack him for "saying" those words. (It happens in american politics all the time.) It's still a logical fallacy.

I am not pleased with MANY of the decisions McLeish has made. But I think it's absurd to assert that he wants to lose matches. Wants to draw. Doesn't want to win. Doesn't see what is obvious.

I think, and have written here, that given the current situation, he and the club would be better off if he left. It's just untenable for either party. I'm not sure it was inevitably so, but it has become so. So don't blow this "I'm happy with what's going on and have zero expectations bull at me." Only thing I'm happy with is, it's still Villa.

Drop the whole because he's an ex blues manager people just don't like him routine

Load of rubbish

The bottom line is people don't like him because he's a shit manager pure and simple look where we are in the table.. He's not even achieving the bare minimum which is mid table if anything were looking over our shoulders at relegation

Would people be complaining if we took hughton from blues? I think not because he's actually a decent manager unlike the current mug we have in charge.

.... until he lost 2 games in a row, then they would use the most obvious stick to beat Hughton with. Probably something clever and witty like.... 'He's a worse manager than Mick McCarthy' or.... 'His managerial career is shorter than the tea lady's'

With Houllier, people said he was washed up, old, couldn't motivate the players etc etc

With McLiesh it was, originally (note: I say originally!), abuse about sha, then it was his 'negative' tactics.

We've seen some negative displays, we've also seen some decent ones, some teams set up to win on the counter and some teams that are capable of playing attacking football. But forget whats on the pitch, just go to the obvious choice of saying 'Anti-football!!!!!!?!?!?'.

I wouldn't even call it anti football under the McLeish mentality we don't even start to play football until we go 1 - 2 goals down

Not once this season have i seen us start on the front foot and take the game to a side

Its quite evident he sets up our side in every game hoping not to concede especially in the first half then pinch a goal we have some good footballers at Villa but most of the time the ball is hoofed over their head

Hopefully his trip to the US will sort out all our problems

Â