The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Bloody hell you been sniffing that jet fuel? MON is by far the better manager when compared to the two that Randy has employed since!! People seem to forget that he didn't drop us in it by leaving he was actually constructively dismissed by Villa (i.e. sacked by Randy)!Anyway the squad is not that bad and would be doing far better under a more competant manager but how are players surposed to be motivated under such a bunch of managerial buffons.

Do you know that to be FACT? Just asking as far as I was aware nothing had been released to say this. Just because a payment was made doesn't mean that he was dismissed.

If he had simply resigned why did Lerner agree to pay out before it went to a tribunal?

Employment tribunal's can be costly matters for both parties. Unlike other civil cases, employment law means that the losing party is not responsible for the other side's costs and therefore it is sometimes more cost effective to settle pre tribunal. Plus he may have to been owed certain payments, bonuses, etc. Without knowing the full details of MON's contract and the full details of the settlment it is impossible to state either way whether he was dismissed or not.

If he was owed bonuses etc. why weren't they paid out when he left the club? Why wait until it's about to go to tribunal to settle? If he bottled it and resigned despite the backing of the owner then surely Lerner wouldn't have a case to answer. You're right, no one really knows what went on because of the confidentiality agreement which was seemingly signed, but to me it looks like he was effectively forced out, rather than being sacked per se.

In answer to your question, if you owed one of your employees say £3m in bonus, only for the stroppy little clearing in the woods to piss off 5 days before the start of a 10 month project you were paying him for, leaving you in the shit.... you may be slightly disinclined to pay him the bonus.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's coming to something when two SHA fans write into the Birmingham Mail (and I didn't even know they were capable of writing) seemingly happy that we took McLesih from them and one even thanking Randy Lerner!

We have become the local laughing stock following this appointment.

Blackburn are a better side that their current position suggests and i think they'll turn us over if they can field their first eleven.

I think this also. With a spine of Robinson, Samba, (yes I know he has gone AWOL), Hoilett and Yakubu, they should not be where they are in the league. Would happily welcome those players at Villa Park in summer.

They have a few other good players also. On paper, and yes I know football is not played on paper, they are the strongest of the bottom lot.

Blackburn are a better side that their current position suggests and i think they'll turn us over if they can field their first eleven.

I think this also. With a spine of Robinson, Samba, (yes I know he has gone AWOL), Hoilett and Yakubu, they should not be where they are in the league. Would happily welcome those players at Villa Park in summer.

They have a few other good players also. On paper, and yes I know football is not played on paper, they are the strongest of the bottom lot.

They score loads of goals too, especially at home. I think they stick 2 or 3 past us quite easily

They score loads of goals too, especially at home. I think they stick 2 or 3 past us quite easily

as long as its not as bad as last seasons no show where we might aswell have **** off home after the kickoff, one of the most piss poor performances ive ever seen that was, equally as bad as some of the shite weve played this season.

fwiw blackburn have scored 19 goals at home and conceded 26, and weve scored 20 away from VP, so i reckon it will be a 0-0

As is always the case at this club, we really could do with some fresh ideas.

Are you talking Aston Villa Football Club, or the VillaTalk club?

If this thread is anything to go by the latter could certainly do with some fresh ideas :winkold:

You actually believe we will keep a clean sheet? You taking bets on that? as im in if you are.... Yakubu has the potential to tear our defence a new one!.

as long as its not as bad as last seasons no show where we might aswell have **** off home after the kickoff, one of the most piss poor performances ive ever seen that was, equally as bad as some of the shite weve played this season.

fwiw blackburn have scored 19 goals at home and conceded 26, and weve scored 20 away from VP, so i reckon it will be a 0-0

If he was owed bonuses etc. why weren't they paid out when he left the club? Why wait until it's about to go to tribunal to settle? If he bottled it and resigned despite the backing of the owner then surely Lerner wouldn't have a case to answer. You're right, no one really knows what went on because of the confidentiality agreement which was seemingly signed, but to me it looks like he was effectively forced out, rather than being sacked per se.

Are you suggesting that asking MON to trim the wage bill and sell the deadwood (that he would not play and had signed), during recession was constructive dismissal ?

Sorry, but any business has the right to adjust its spending to suit the economic climate, and any manager who believed in the club would have realised that things could not continue the way they were, and would also accept their portion of blame. This is something that MON has never done, and in my mind by taking the club to court when he wasnt man enough to stick around he has fleeced club and disrespected the fans more than Houllier did.

Are you suggesting that asking MON to trim the wage bill and sell the deadwood (that he would not play and had signed), during recession was constructive dismissal ?

Sorry, but any business has the right to adjust its spending to suit the economic clate, and any manager who believed in the club would have realised that things could not continue the way they were, and would also accept their portion of blame. This is something that MON has never done, and in my mind by taking the club to court when he wasnt man enough to stick around he has fleeced club and disrespected the fans more than Houllier did.

pointless debate really as none of us no what was asked of him and none of us know his reasons for leaving. The court case probably means we never will.

Bloody hell you been sniffing that jet fuel? MON is by far the better manager when compared to the two that Randy has employed since!! People seem to forget that he didn't drop us in it by leaving he was actually constructively dismissed by Villa (i.e. sacked by Randy)!Anyway the squad is not that bad and would be doing far better under a more competant manager but how are players surposed to be motivated under such a bunch of managerial buffons.

Do you know that to be FACT? Just asking as far as I was aware nothing had been released to say this. Just because a payment was made doesn't mean that he was dismissed.

The fact that the club paid out out before rather than potentially lose big at the tribunal means nothing? Or it could actually mean that they realisitcally thought they had more chance of losing? i.e. They had Breached MON's contract? Ask John Lerwill what a spiteful bunch they can be?

Anyway none of this makes AM a better manager does it? MON had big faults but at least he knew how to motivate a team. We need 2 wins from the next 2 games basically because we are a far better team than Wigan or Blackburn and should be finishing top ten with the squad we have.

Sorry, but any business has the right to adjust its spending to suit the economic climate

And any employee has the right to leave his job if he feels his employers are making it untenable, and moving the goalposts.

Top 17 - including No. 17 - is going to be fine by me this season.

Anything less than top 10 is down to pathetic, turdgid management and is not 'fine' by me!

But with a very naive board that seems to have lost the plot and a timid manager who seems scared to let us play attacking football except against the very bottom clubs, (OK, OK, I know, Chelsea... :P ) you may have to get used to something way below 10th.

I just want to stay up.

Top 17 - including No. 17 - is going to be fine by me this season.

Anything less than top 10 is down to pathetic, turdgid management and is not 'fine' by me!

But with a very naive board that seems to have lost the plot and a timid manager who seems scared to let us play attacking football except against the very bottom clubs, (OK, OK, I know, Chelsea... :P ) you may have to get used to something way below 10th.

I just want to stay up.

But with the squad we have got 6th to 10th is acheivable! I know we have a bunch of clueless morons from top to bottom running our club but I still find it hard to accept turgidity!!! I am going to be disappointed aren't I?

I may be willing to accept 17th if it meant AM being sacked but some how I think our seemingly unambitious board will accept survival as an acheivement which is laughable!

Â