The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Yeah I understand you Richard. That's a completely valid thing to be baffled by to be honest. I actually do fall somewhat into the category you describe however (as you probably know). The reason I still support Lerner is because ultimately I think in everything he does, Randy has the best interests of Villa at heart as opposed to him putting himself above the club. And that is the crux of it for me. He will make bad decisions along the way. I'd like to think that no-one is perfect and that no matter who was in charge, they'd make a booboo here and there - and be allowed to make it. I genuinely think he hired McLeish for the right reasons, even if a) some don't think it and b) it hasn't worked out the way we would have liked.

As soon as I start to think that Randy's Villa business decisions are not directly in Villa's best interests then I will change my opinion of him. But at this moment in time, the reduction in the wage bill is nothing other than bringing us into line with what is a fundamentally unfair financial regulation, but one with which the club will nevertheless have to conform to if we are ever to progress. It's hopefully the pain coming before the pleasure, and in a way it is also the pain coming as a direct result of the recent pleasure we enjoyed under O'Neill.

Agree with this 100%

When Mcleish picks Heskey as a winger it's because he believes that's the best for the club. Will you support that decision? Would you not want a better winger in place?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the appointment of Mcleish directly in Villa's best interests?

It will be argued that it is in Randy's head but I disagree.

Mcleish is a man who is here to basically keep us in the league and work with little money, which IMO is not in the best interests of the club and is solely in the best interest of Lerner.

Yeah I understand you Richard. That's a completely valid thing to be baffled by to be honest. I actually do fall somewhat into the category you describe however (as you probably know). The reason I still support Lerner is because ultimately I think in everything he does, Randy has the best interests of Villa at heart as opposed to him putting himself above the club. And that is the crux of it for me. He will make bad decisions along the way. I'd like to think that no-one is perfect and that no matter who was in charge, they'd make a booboo here and there - and be allowed to make it. I genuinely think he hired McLeish for the right reasons, even if a) some don't think it and b) it hasn't worked out the way we would have liked.

As soon as I start to think that Randy's Villa business decisions are not directly in Villa's best interests then I will change my opinion of him. But at this moment in time, the reduction in the wage bill is nothing other than bringing us into line with what is a fundamentally unfair financial regulation, but one with which the club will nevertheless have to conform to if we are ever to progress. It's hopefully the pain coming before the pleasure, and in a way it is also the pain coming as a direct result of the recent pleasure we enjoyed under O'Neill.

Agree with this 100%

When Mcleish picks Heskey as a winger it's because he believes that's the best for the club. Will you support that decision? Would you not want a better winger in place?

I would like a better winger in place but I can see what AM is thinking trying to give us more height/experience etc. AM is trying his best and I'm not one of the protesting lot (yet) but I will not support some decisions that he makes like I don't support all decisions that RL makes. That might mean to you that I'm hypocritical but RL & AM are 2 different people, RL is far more invested than AM, getting things wrong for RL means he loses a LOT of money, if AM gets things wrong then he gets a big pay packet and will move on.

447 pages in this thread....the overwhelming majority are against the manager and are saying the same thing.....dull football, negative tactics etc etc

but....with Lerner and Faulkener at the helm this will go well beyond a 1000 pages.

He does not sack managers, he does not listen to fans.

You can forget the Holte Pub, the banners on the Holte and North Stand, the training ground, parading the European Cup winners, the free coaches, the flags, the scarves and anything else he has tried.

All i want is to see my team competing.

Lerners track record with managers is dire, his track record in sport is dire. He just does not understand.

I do not know how we get rid of McCleish but i know McCleish is getting rid of the fans.

Â