The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Theres no gap after we play wigan? We play blackburn the following Saturday...

I think there's a gap for the Bolton game now as they are still in the F.A.Cup?

If we lose at Wigan, I fear a site meltdown!! Lose at Blackburn and Limpid will be holding the server together with sticky back plaster!! Unthinkable, we'll be just a couple of points in front of the bottom three if that happens. If that.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We play Wigan and then have the next two games on the two following Saturdays only then do we have a gap before Arsenal come to Villa Park.

Fair enough, I thought there was an England game the Saturday after Wigan, must be on the Wednesday

We play Wigan and then have the next two games on the two following Saturdays only then do we have a gap before Arsenal come to Villa Park.

Arsenal have been to VP. We travel to their place.

Indeed they do, good point well made.

At least I can't be accused of reproducing the fixture list :D

Here's a question... What's the minimum requirement from these next 3 games, (i think Wigan Blackburn and Fulham...) for McLeish to justify staying in the job for the rest of the season. I'd love 9, suppose i'd settle for 6... I've a feeling somehow it'll be 5, prob with one win against Blackburn, who have returned to being awful!

A decent points total in the next few games would do little to change my perception of McLeish. This may sound harsh but I'll judge him on how we do against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in March/April. I fear he will retreat in to his anti-football shell.

Lucien Favre (Borussia Mönchengladbach manager) for Villa? The way they're going he's probably out of our grasp, but you get the feeling that a lot of managers are sometimes willing to sacrifice high positions in their respective continental leagues for a crack at the Premier League.

Just putting it out there. McLeish is highly unlikely to be sacked of course, but at least this is a remotely viable alternative.

And the reason we have some long in the tooth professionals a long way into big contracts is MON. I'm no fan of Mcleish but one thing he has is the balls to go into a crap situation and try to do a good job. I don't believe he is good enough as our performances have shown but MON walked away when confronted with the situation we are now in. He has gone somewhere where the times right for him and he can keep his reputation intact. Sunderland are Villa circa 2006 so i guess in 2016 he will be off. UTV

But then McLeish should maybe have assessed what he was potentially walking into and stayed the hell out.

O'Neill assessed Sunderland's potential and knew that he was on an all win situation.

So, of two very similar managers, O'Neill is clearly better at mapping his own future.

Bloody hell you been sniffing that jet fuel? MON is by far the better manager when compared to the two that Randy has employed since!! People seem to forget that he didn't drop us in it by leaving he was actually constructively dismissed by Villa (i.e. sacked by Randy)!

Anyway the squad is not that bad and would be doing far better under a more competant manager but how are players surposed to be motivated under such a bunch of managerial buffons.

I look at how the dingles are conducting their managerial appointment with a slight tinge of jealousy, they are now asking to speak to Poyet!

Lucien Farve??? We would need to change chairman first as he doesn't fit his Premier League experience requirement!

Here's a question... What's the minimum requirement from these next 3 games, (i think Wigan Blackburn and Fulham...) for McLeish to justify staying in the job for the rest of the season. I'd love 9, suppose i'd settle for 6... I've a feeling somehow it'll be 5, prob with one win against Blackburn, who have returned to being awful!

Forget about McLeish, we as a club need a minimum of 5 or 6 points from the next 3 games or I think we are in serious trouble.

Is it realistic to hope for two wins in three from a manager that has managed 6 all season? I'd say not so 5 is probably the best we can hope for sadly.

Oh and you say Blackburn have returned to being awful well they have still managed more points in the last 5 games than we have!

Lucien Favre (Borussia Mönchengladbach manager) for Villa? The way they're going he's probably out of our grasp, but you get the feeling that a lot of managers are sometimes willing to sacrifice high positions in their respective continental leagues for a crack at the Premier League.

Just putting it out there. McLeish is highly unlikely to be sacked of course, but at least this is a remotely viable alternative.

Doesn't have premier league experience (LOL)

Bloody hell you been sniffing that jet fuel? MON is by far the better manager when compared to the two that Randy has employed since!! People seem to forget that he didn't drop us in it by leaving he was actually constructively dismissed by Villa (i.e. sacked by Randy)!Anyway the squad is not that bad and would be doing far better under a more competant manager but how are players surposed to be motivated under such a bunch of managerial buffons.

Do you know that to be FACT? Just asking as far as I was aware nothing had been released to say this. Just because a payment was made doesn't mean that he was dismissed.

Bloody hell you been sniffing that jet fuel? MON is by far the better manager when compared to the two that Randy has employed since!! People seem to forget that he didn't drop us in it by leaving he was actually constructively dismissed by Villa (i.e. sacked by Randy)!Anyway the squad is not that bad and would be doing far better under a more competant manager but how are players surposed to be motivated under such a bunch of managerial buffons.

Do you know that to be FACT? Just asking as far as I was aware nothing had been released to say this. Just because a payment was made doesn't mean that he was dismissed.

If he had simply resigned why did Lerner agree to pay out before it went to a tribunal?

If he had simply resigned why did Lerner agree to pay out before it went to a tribunal?

Employment tribunal's can be costly matters for both parties. Unlike other civil cases, employment law means that the losing party is not responsible for the other side's costs and therefore it is sometimes more cost effective to settle pre tribunal. Plus he may have to been owed certain payments, bonuses, etc. Without knowing the full details of MON's contract and the full details of the settlment it is impossible to state either way whether he was dismissed or not.

Employment tribunal's can be costly matters for both parties. Unlike other civil cases, employment law means that the losing party is not responsible for the other side's costs and therefore it is sometimes more cost effective to settle pre tribunal. Plus he may have to been owed certain payments, bonuses, etc. Without knowing the full details of MON's contract and the full details of the settlment it is impossible to state either way whether he was dismissed or not.

If he was owed bonuses etc. why weren't they paid out when he left the club? Why wait until it's about to go to tribunal to settle? If he bottled it and resigned despite the backing of the owner then surely Lerner wouldn't have a case to answer. You're right, no one really knows what went on because of the confidentiality agreement which was seemingly signed, but to me it looks like he was effectively forced out, rather than being sacked per se.

Â