The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

So, to sum up. McLeish gets to go on a boys jolly to America to look at a "model" at Cleveland Browns which has seen them consistently finish bottom of their division. The reason he's there is because he failed to motivate his team well enough, or to change the shape of the side, to sucessfully hold a 2-0 half time lead against a badly mis-firing Arsenal side. Villa have won, what is it? 6 from their 25 games this season went out of both cups early and currently lie 15th in a piss poor Premier Division where Swansea City, Norwich City are above us. What a fanfuckingtastic decision it was to appoint him. And yet, THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE ON THIS SITE WILLING TO STICK UP FOR MCLEISH. Get real people.
People only hate him because of where he came from...

:lol:

Yes, and we who dislike him are therefore fickle bluenoses :o

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, to sum up. McLeish gets to go on a boys jolly to America to look at a "model" at Cleveland Browns which has seen them consistently finish bottom of their division. The reason he's there is because he failed to motivate his team well enough, or to change the shape of the side, to sucessfully hold a 2-0 half time lead against a badly mis-firing Arsenal side. Villa have won, what is it? 6 from their 25 games this season went out of both cups early and currently lie 15th in a piss poor Premier Division where Swansea City, Norwich City are above us. What a fanfuckingtastic decision it was to appoint him. And yet, THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE ON THIS SITE WILLING TO STICK UP FOR MCLEISH. Get real people.
I couldn't have put it better myself

Its not the only reason, but it is a still a massive factor and always will be.

Those who pretend it's not really a major if not THE major factor, should re-read the posts on this site from the first week he was appointed. He wasn't hated then "because of how badly he has set us up to play" as some pretend is their whole complaint.

Those who pretend it's not really a major if not THE major factor, should re-read the posts on this site from the first week he was appointed. He wasn't hated then "because of how badly he has set us up to play" as some pretend is their whole complaint.

oh get a grip will you! If you are happy with what is happening under his management then your expectations are rock bottom.

oh get a grip will you! If you are happy with what is happening under his management then your expectations are rock bottom.

You misunderstand me.

I hate him, I hate every single thing about the bloke. Aston Villa are currently a laughing stock and are the most boring team to watch in the league, im under no illusions.

But one of the major things I hate about him is where he came from. And im sure im not alone in this.

I hate knowing we went out and got Mcleish from Blues. Where he came from. Seeing him on the touchline managing birmingham when they came to Villa park. I cant stand this.

Yes his management style and tactics are beyond bad, but you can never forget where this bloke came from, and me, along with others, can never forgive that.

Sorry, its just how I feel.

People are entitled to call the criticisms of McLeish harsh or whatever but what they can not do is say that where he came from is the reason or one of the main factors. It's just not. Read through the thread and you'll see exactly why people don't like him.

People are entitled to call the criticisms of McLeish harsh or whatever but what they can not do is say that where he came from is the reason or one of the main factors. It's just not. Read through the thread and you'll see exactly why people don't like him.

The thing is with Mcleish, he gives you so many reasons to dislike the bloke. I agree with that much. But he was doomed from the beginning.

You simply cant just go out and get the manager of Birmingham City and expect Aston Villa fans to warm to him and support him.

The Rivalry just runs too deep. It always has and always will.

Totally agree, the fact Eck came from SHA is just another minus point for me,it is the league performances, home in particular and the position we are in that goes agianst him most,If he stays on beyond the summer which I think he will it is the future that really worries me.

Totally agree, the fact Eck came from SHA is just another minus point for me,it is the league performances, home in particular and the position we are in that goes agianst him most,If he stays on beyond the summer which I think he will it is the future that really worries me.

Yes coming from sha is a minus point but AMc has done himself more damage (IMO) by continuing to play his turgid brand of football - we have better players than sha (even without Young or Downing) and AMc could've changed his style into a more attacking creative outfit. Maybe then, he could've won a few more fans over?

He hasn't and our worst fears are coming true - negative dull football and not picking up results - we're sliding in one direction only and that's downhill.

I'd take 17th on goal difference right now if it meant he'd go at the end of the season.

If the current form continues, I think his position will become untenable

Attendances will continue to plummet under him and that's what the owner will find unacceptable

I think Waldorf and Statler factored this in when they made the appointment tbh

The thing is with Mcleish, he gives you so many reasons to dislike the bloke. I agree with that much. But he was doomed from the beginning.

You simply cant just go out and get the manager of Birmingham City and expect Aston Villa fans to warm to him and support him.

The Rivalry just runs too deep. It always has and always will.

Most wouldn't have cared if he was a good manager. Most fans wouldn't turn down Chris Hughton.

I hate him, I hate every single thing about the bloke. Aston Villa are currently a laughing stock and are the most boring team to watch in the league, im under no illusions.

But one of the major things I hate about him is where he came from. And im sure im not alone in this.

I hate knowing we went out and got Mcleish from Blues. Where he came from. Seeing him on the touchline managing birmingham when they came to Villa park. I cant stand this.

Yes his management style and tactics are beyond bad, but you can never forget where this bloke came from, and me, along with others, can never forgive that.

Sorry, its just how I feel.

This 100%

I couldnt give a rats arse where he came from. If he had come from SHA with a successful record and reputation for attacking freeflowing football I'd be delighted to take a blues manager.

However it's sitting there for two hours bored, watching turgid, unentertaining football that fails to deliver results week in, week out, at £40 a time thats stopped me going. I gave him a chance and went to matches in the first half of the season but the Man U match was the end for me. I've not been back since and wont be at VP again until he's gone.

I've spent the money I've saved on Download & Pearl Jam tickets! Much more entertaining.

In reality if he was a quality manager who had done any good at blues, We would be laughing or balls off we had there manager now.

ok it don't help, but anyone saying the main reason is because he is from blues are talking out there arse

I agree. At the start of the season I wasn't thinking 'this will all end badly because we have just hired the ex manager from SHA' I was thinking 'this will all end badly because he is a poor PL level manager with a history of negative, boring style football and 2 relegations in 4 seasons on his CV.

I was one of the many thousands of Villa fans that was too busy joining in the 'Going Up, Going Down' chants to bother how we were getting on against Liverpool last season. I knew then that SHA had a poor manager. Little did I know that our owner was going to go out and hire him to manage us into oblivion the following season.

So to all those that think he is not wanted just because he came from SHA, I suggest you have a rethink.

Â