The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Our squad isn't top 6 quality. It is however top 8-10 quality so there's no excuses to be finishing this low.

Well it's MON's 6th place team less JM, AY and SD but added SI, CNZ and DB9? Any lower than 10th should be considered catasphoric and totally unacceptable. It's like Chelsea finishing 6th!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 17 - including No. 17 - is going to be fine by me this season.

Anything less than top 10 is down to pathetic, turdgid management and is not 'fine' by me!

But with a very naive board that seems to have lost the plot and a timid manager who seems scared to let us play attacking football except against the very bottom clubs, (OK, OK, I know, Chelsea... :P ) you may have to get used to something way below 10th.

I just want to stay up.

After finishing 6th, 6th,6th and then 9th, how can you be happy with 17th? Looking at the players in the squad the team should be about 10th, anything below is not good enough.

How low we have fallen

Its now acceptable in some peoples eyes for us to finish 15th in the PL

Is this really what we have become as a football club

Here's me thinking we were a club with great history and achievement and not a club such as Blackburn and newly promoted sides who aim to stay in the division every season

How low we have fallen

Its now acceptable in some peoples eyes for us to finish 15th in the PL

Is this really what we have become as a football club

Here's me thinking we were a club with great history and achievement and not a club such as Blackburn and newly promoted sides who aim to stay in the division every season

Unfortunately I think that is around where we will finish. Not acceptable, but I predict 13th to 15th

Pretty much agree 'quizme.'

When Young and Downing were sold and i took a look at what quality was left in our squad, i stated on here that success for me this season was just staying in the Premiership.

I have seen no reason to change that point of view.

Young made a big diffeence, but I dont think Downing did. If Downing was still at the club maybe we would be a few points better off, but that is all.

Downing was one of the best players last season, but best of a bad bunch, and he was still inconsistent.

Players who left the club in the past 5 years that we have missed are Barry, Young, Milner and Laursen. That is all.

I know Downing had a hard time off the Villa fans whilst he was here but you can't say we wouldn't miss him. He was more influential in us staying up last season than Young imo.

Staying up? The club finished 9th, top half :) :winkold:

Yeah and it was mainly bent that saved our ass from relegation.
If Bent is sold this summer but McLeish stays then I can see us going down next season for sure. Even this season Bent is easily our top scorer despite playing under one of the most negative managers around.

Yeah and it was mainly bent that saved our ass from relegation.
If Bent is sold this summer but McLeish stays then I can see us going down next season for sure. Even this season Bent is easily our top scorer despite playing under one of the most negative managers around.

If Bent goes, and McCleish stays, and there are no other major signings, I almost guarantee relegation next season.

I don't see who would buy Darren Bent to be honest. So i'm not too worried about losing him.

Massive two games ahead now for AMC. Without 4-6 points us fans will really be on his back. Which will be a worry 'cos Randy will do nothing about it. The atmosphere at home will vile and could really **** up our season end.

I'd be worried about Liverpool buying him except that, y'know, they won't, they wouldn't. He wouldn't fit in *cough*.

haha...

Can you see them going in for Bent even if they have Suarez though?

I just can't see them selling Suarez, and I cant see them having both Bent and Suarez.

If the powers that be at Liverpool deem it necessary to protect the image of their considerable investment then yes I think Suarez could be sold in the summer to cut the losses for both parties and to protect things like future and current sponsorship.

The matter then becomes what Eck would look for as a transfer fee. But my earlier post was not totally tongue in cheek. I really don't think they'd buy him.

If the powers that be at Liverpool deem it necessary to protect the image of their considerable investment then yes I think Suarez could be sold in the summer to cut the losses for both parties and to protect things like future and current sponsorship.

The matter then becomes what Eck would look for as a transfer fee. But my earlier post was not totally tongue in cheek. I really don't think they'd buy him.

Interesting one this. I know for a fact that Villa wanted to sell Bent in January but were worried about how it would look 'politically' with the fans.

McLeish doesn't think that Gabby and Bent can play together.. and as you can imagine is displeased with Bent's work rate on the pitch. Remember it is all about 'sweating blood' with Alex.

Interesting one this. I know for a fact that Villa wanted to sell Bent in January but were worried about how it would look 'politically' with the fans.

McLeish doesn't think that Gabby and Bent can play together.. and as you can imagine is displeased with Bent's work rate on the pitch. Remember it is all about 'sweating blood' with Alex.

They weren't worried about how it would affect our results?

Very worrying if true. Without him we'd be going down.

Â