GTA 5

Genie

Did Rockstar **** up in not predicting that the new consoles will be out this years? I can see this being delayed again and being brought out on the new consoles, why would they release it 2 months before they're released, especially with all the DLC they will have planned.

Rockstar will have definitely known they were on their way. Just because the new consoles are released doesn't mean the old ones are instantly dead either, there will still be more people playing PS3/360's  in 12 months time. They've not released at the best time though, I think I'd have rather them waited to release something on the new consoles, more possibilities etc.

You don't think they'll be already working on GTA VI?

Probably not, not at any real level anyway. Work on GTA didn't start until about 3 years ago, GTA 4 has been around for, 5?

Did Rockstar **** up in not predicting that the new consoles will be out this years? I can see this being delayed again and being brought out on the new consoles, why would they release it 2 months before they're released, especially with all the DLC they will have planned.

Installed base: 

Xbox 360 75,000,000

Playstation 3: 74,000,000

I don't know about you, but I'm willing to bet there wont be almost 150 million PS4's and Xbox 720s in circulation by the end of 2013.   Rockstar know what they are doing. 

Exactly, there will be a much bigger user base on the old consoles when the new generation come out. GTA sells like hotcakes, so even the people who buy a PS4 or the new Xbox on launch will still buy GTA on their old consoles.

Edited by Ginko

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm going to like Trevor...

Are they using the technology the guys who made L.A Noire created as per the faces and expressions? Look pretty good and I assume it's all in-game footage from that trailer as GTA games haven't used pre-rendered cutscenes to my knowledge.

I think I'm going to like Trevor...

Are they using the technology the guys who made L.A Noire created as per the faces and expressions? Look pretty good and I assume it's all in-game footage from that trailer as GTA games haven't used pre-rendered cutscenes to my knowledge.

Nah they decided the face stuff was too difficult to implement on a game this size or something like that.

Can't wait. Happy they've brought countryside back into it too.

Realised that the release date is set at over 2 years since I started the thread!! Incredible.<br /><br />Also, I assume as it was started on the old forum I can't update the title. Would a kind mod add the release date as being Sept 17?

Are they going to revamp the shooting system? I've been playing through GTA IV this week and the lock-on shooting feels so out of date, they should make it like gears and give the player freedom with the weapons

I think there is a preview embargo tomorrow (Thursday) too, so there should be some more stuff coming out this week. 

I just wish it would be released before the Summer holidays. By the time it comes out, I'll be having to spend most of my spare time on my dissertation for Uni so I doubt i'll get to play it as much as I would like to.

Â