GTA 5

Genie

Fair play to her for putting herself out there, especially on the internet and amongst the gaming population who, in my experience, can be some of the most prejudicial assholes you'll ever meet.

Back to GTA V though, I could see myself losing a lot of time to this game. I remember just driving in GTA 3 and 4 just messing with pedestrians, going on long police chases usually ending up with me getting into one of the helicopters at the bottom of the second island. I'm excited to thint about just how much time I could spend on GTA 5 doing all kinds of crap without even playing the story missions.

I will, however, never spend over 900 hours looking for a non-existant sasquatch. Admittedly that guy could have spread those 900 hours across a long time frame, but that is still an insane amount of time to waste on such a ridiculous thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Special & Collector's edition announced

All pre-orders for the game get to pilot the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle.

gaming-grand-theft-auto-v-blimp.jpg

The Special Edition ($80), exclusive to GAME in the UK, includes the game and:

• Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork: This special SteelBook features double-sided, never-before-seen artwork of Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Custom color and metallic treatments bring out the detail of the artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook.
  • Blueprint Map: This exclusive, additional 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County. Cryptic markings indicate locations for fast cash and other points of interest for the up-and-coming entrepreneur.
  • Special Ability Boost: Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25 per cent faster.
  • Stunt Plane Trials: Single player Stunt Plane Trials let you take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County.
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More: Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County.
  • Additional Weapons: When visiting Ammunation stores in single player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.

gaming-grand-theft-auto-v-special-editio

The Collector's Edition ($150), which comes packaged in a premium outer box featuring a foil embossed Grand Theft Auto 5

logo on the top, finished with a matte, scuff-resistant film lamination, includes all of the above and:

• Grand Theft Auto 5 Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key: Inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto 5, this custom 10.75" x 8.5" money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key to secure important items. The reverse side features a pressed Rockstar Games logo on the security mount with a framed ID window.
  • Grand Theft Auto 5 New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap: This exclusive New Era 9FIFTY cap features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a stitched, black Rockstar Games logo on the wearer's left side, a Grand Theft Auto 'V' logo applique on the opposite side, and snapback closure for an adjustable fit.
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online: Get classic Grand Theft Auto characters to use within the Grand Theft Auto Online Character Creation System.
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property: Players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930s style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.

gaming-grand-theft-auto-v-collectors-edi

Source @ Rockstar

Potentially interested in the Special, but not the Collector's. Will wait for UK prices, and then decide. The Blimp, though! Awesome!

I've already bought this game for £28 from Tescos :lol:

I hope it's classed as a pre order so I can blimp up San Andreas! 

I pre ordered it when it was meant to be released back in Feb/March... Thinking about it, I have no idea if that's still happening lol. 

Looking forward to it though.

EDIT:- 

Just checked, it's still there in the account history, order on 22nd of November 2012 :lol:

Edited by lapal_fan

UK prices from Game are £65 for special and £120 for collectors. Collectors already seems to be sold out on PS3.

So, £25 for a map, steelbook case, some guns, some clothes and tatts, 25% reduction in cooldown for special abilities, and presumably some rings to fly your plane through. Hm.

- that's presuming you pay £40 for it. Sure there will be offers and trade deals and what not on release.

Edited by hogso

Im a sucker for special editions and steelbooks. So a special edition with a steel book (with a few added extras) for probably my most anticipated game of all time thus far WILL be on my shelf in September. 

No one needs* a plush Mr Drippy  :D

* everyone needs a plush Mr drippy

Im a sucker for special editions and steelbooks. So a special edition with a steel book (with a few added extras) for probably my most anticipated game of all time thus far WILL be on my shelf in September.

No one needs* a plush Mr Drippy :D

* everyone needs a plush Mr drippy

Haha, quite. I guess a lot of people wouldn't begrudge the price if they're looking forward to it that much. As you point out, look at me and the Ni No Kuni box*

*farrrrrr superior items in that though ofc :P

I think anymore expensive and I'd probably leave it but even though I know its a rip off, its just about on my limit :P

My only quandary is ps3 or 360?

I guess the sensible option would be which console you have more friends on for online play? Although by far from the thing I was looking forward to most about it, I found the GTA4 online to be good fun, and expect this to be better.

Alternatively you could edge your bets with Xbox, as it does generally offer a better experience than the PS3 when it comes to multi platform games. No guarantee of that though, time will tell.

I really, really want the custom characters in GTA online (Going around SA as Tommy Vercetti, Lance, or basically just anybody from the PS2 GTA's is pretty much the greatest thing ever thought up in my eyes) but there is no way I'm paying £120 for it.

I really, really want the custom characters in GTA online (Going around SA as Tommy Vercetti, Lance...

"Vance? Your name's Lance Vance?!

"Lance Vance. Poor bastard."

That's it, I'm hooking my PS2 up tomorrow to play Vice City.

• 1 month later...

It's been confirmed that the game will require a mandatory 8GB install - so make sure you have the space free when it's released! I know I'll have to polish off a game or too and remove them from my HDD to make space.

Also, they're called the multiplayer 'Grand Theft Auto Online', which kind of suggests that it's going to be a completely seperate mode, perhaps unlike how it was implemented in GTAIV - with it being accessed via the mobile in the single player.

I think about this game pretty much everyday, I think I'm obsessing over it way too much. Ive re-read old previews, stared at some of the screenshots for ages and I've had more than one dream where I'm playing it. 

It has consumed me.

Â