GTA 5

Genie

The photo on the 2nd one down leads me to believe one of the cities is very Chicago-esque.  They have a huge pier (called the navy pier) with a ferris wheel at the end, and the tallest building on the same photo looks just like Hancock Tower, without the radio spires.

Good job, Chicago is an awesome town, went there a couple of weeks ago, much better than NYC :) 

The photo on the 2nd one down leads me to believe one of the cities is very Chicago-esque.  They have a huge pier (called the navy pier) with a ferris wheel at the end, and the tallest building on the same photo looks just like Hancock Tower, without the radio spires.

Good job, Chicago is an awesome town, went there a couple of weeks ago, much better than NYC :)

That might be a bit of wishful thinking on your part.  I was of the impression that San Andreas is a fictional version of the California/Nevada area (basicaly LA, San Francisco and Vegas) which would imply to me at least that it's supposed to be Santa Monica Pier in L.A.

Edited by The_Rev

ahh my bad.

I was just thinking 'pier, what looks to be Hancock tower and terrible weather conditions', might be their take on Chicago.  

You're probably right though, it does look more like Santa Monica's pier than Chicago Navy Pier. 

That pier and general area is also in San Andreas, it was called Pier 69 I think

Edited by Rino8

That pier and general area is also in San Andreas, it was called Pier 69 I think

That was a reference to Pier 39 in San Francisco.  It's so much of a tourist trap that The Sterephonics sung a song about it. 

http://youtu.be/qsciTAI4K2U

• 2 weeks later...

Did Rockstar **** up in not predicting that the new consoles will be out this years? I can see this being delayed again and being brought out on the new consoles, why would they release it 2 months before they're released, especially with all the DLC they will have planned.

Did Rockstar **** up in not predicting that the new consoles will be out this years? I can see this being delayed again and being brought out on the new consoles, why would they release it 2 months before they're released, especially with all the DLC they will have planned.

Rockstar will have definitely known they were on their way. Just because the new consoles are released doesn't mean the old ones are instantly dead either, there will still be more people playing PS3/360's  in 12 months time. They've not released at the best time though, I think I'd have rather them waited to release something on the new consoles, more possibilities etc.

Rockstar will have definitely known they were on their way. Just because the new consoles are released doesn't mean the old ones are instantly dead either, there will still be more people playing PS3/360's  in 12 months time. They've not released at the best time though, I think I'd have rather them waited to release something on the new consoles, more possibilities etc.

You don't think they'll be already working on GTA VI?

Â