GTA 5

Genie

Looking at the ground and foliage on that second pic and you can see where the corners are being cut BUT its completely understandable and just looks bloody amazing, im thinking of cryogenically freezing myself and requesting to be thawed out in march next year, its only 4 or so months ago but that seems like an age away :(

Damn you R*, you've got me stupidly excited once again.

I've not played a GTA game since Vice City, but this looks perfect for getting back into it. Looks very good.

I also know a guy who works as a game tester for Rockstar. Not seen him in a little while but if I do I'll have to ask what his views are, assuming he's had his hands on it!

Dont game testers have to spend all day looking for bugs? They should be the last people's who's opinion you would want on a game, I'd imagine they all **** hate every game they test by the time it is ready for release!

This guy just absolutely lives for games, and he's extremely enthusiastic about them. So, surprisingly, he doesn't get fed up of testing the same things over and over with slight changes and such, he just loves it, and will still give a reasonable verdict on a game he's working with.

That's what I heard too. You think you are going to get paid to **** about on games before everybody else can, the reality is you spend eight hours a day walking into geometry to see if your character gets stuck on it or not.

Yeah, it's nothing like the dream job most people see it as. I wouldn't like focusing on bugs etc, but this guy seems to love it. He's pretty weird (in an endearing way!) and really into his gaming, particularly on the PC. Reckon he does still get time to have a normal bash at the games, but yes, it's mainly stuff that the vast majority of us would find mind-numbing.

Rockstar are a British company, they have multiple studios around the world these days but the flagship studio who make the GTA games is based in Edinburgh. Makes sense that they would test games over here too.

3rd gen? Que?

If PS2 & XBOX are 2nd gen, then PS3 & XBOX360 are 3rd gen. I think at this point I should probably wait for 4th gen (then not buy one of those either...).

Â