Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I really starting to think that Lambert is reluctant to put any of our youth players in. How old is GG now? I'd be gutted if he left and had even a half decent career (say matching his brother) without getting a chance here

We'll never know how good he could be because he's not had the chance to show us.

He's no Graig, that's for sure.

He's always been regarded as the most talented of the two. Injuries have blighted his career, so it would be good to see him given a chance. Just how bad would he have to be to be any worse than our current mediocre midfield.

• Like 1

Looks like he will be released. I'd be okay if he got a new deal and doesn't play as you kbow he's in our plans but it seems lambert doesn't rate him. Maybe he scores too many goals in training.

Looks like he will be released. I'd be okay if he got a new deal and doesn't play as you kbow he's in our plans but it seems lambert doesn't rate him. Maybe he scores too many goals in training.

Or maybe his injuries have destroyed him mentally and physically.

Or maybe his injuries have destroyed him mentally and physically.

Could be the case but i am sure if you give him a chance he will take it and give it his all. Not giving him a go is ruining him even more.

I think he should seek a move away

Yeah same, he also tweeted yesterday he isn't injured.

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick

Gary Gardner is on the #avfc bench in a late change

Seems he made it to the bench now though.

This is interesting... why is he struggling to make the bench against the likes of sheffield united in the cup ? Really hope he gets a chance and contract soon. Not sure if he will fulfill his potential but we cant afford to just leave him. Not in our current state.

Will probably end up at the blues next season on a free coming out as a die hard blues fan and reminiscing over the Auto windscreens trophy victory in the mail.

He will then proceed to be be sold for 5 million quid after scoring a shitload of goals for em.

• 2 weeks later...

So i noticed GG was doing some promo work for Fifa 14 with Benteke and Gabby

Will we ever see him on the pitch again he doesn't look injured or anything

Surely time is running out for him to impress for us considering his contract is up soon?

He’s in the first team squad. I’d imagine if PL didn’t rate him he would be training with Hutton and the Fonz.

In fairness he really only returned in December and there has been no U21 games since so he has had no real platform to get himself match fit and push for game time. Maybe the FA Cup game came too soon.

As for the contract, I expect he will get an extension.  

We should have more faith in the young players.

Cahill

Gardner

Ridgewell

Davis

L Moore

Could have saved us fortunes- Ireland, warnock, etc

Cahill, Gardner and Davis all left because they wanted first team footy and didn't have the opportunity with us.

Ridgewell and Moore just weren't good enough and we needed to sell them. 

Â