Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Indeed, if he's good enough to mix it with talent like Henderson and Chamberlain in the U21s, then I think he probably deserves a chance to shine for us. Ireland & Delph have had plenty of opportunities and not produced one piece of brilliance between them all season.

Indeed, if he's good enough to mix it with talent like Henderson and Chamberlain in the U21s, then I think he probably deserves a chance to shine for us. Ireland & Delph had had plenty of opportunities and not produced one piece of brilliance between them all season.

This is right. You can be championed all you like but at the end of the day you have to prove what you have on the pitch. I just hope GG can do that where as Ireland, and Delph to a lesser extent, have not (so far).

Got to start to be given some game time soon really hasn't he? If Bannan isn't going to feature over coming weeks, it could be a great time to put him in with Jenas coming back, Petrov, Jenas with vast experience should allow him to play without any real pressure of having to perform and control. Maybe same with Delph if he were to be given a chance (although extremely disappointed with how he started the season) that extra experience can help though.

Got to start to be given some game time soon really hasn't he? If Bannan isn't going to feature over coming weeks, it could be a great time to put him in with Jenas coming back, Petrov, Jenas with vast experience should allow him to play without any real pressure of having to perform and control. Maybe same with Delph if he were to be given a chance (although extremely disappointed with how he started the season) that extra experience can help though.

Harsh to drop Herd though surely?

Come on folks...relax for a minute. Everyone at the club is aware of his talent and he will get his chance.

I am more worried about Nathan and Mark. We need to get their confidence back. At this stage a loan move could be a risk, if it doesn’t go well could be a real problem for either of them.

Nathan would be better off in the SPL than the Championship in my opinion.

Harsh to drop Herd though surely?

Not only harsh - Completely wrong imo.

Arguably our best player in every game hes played

Not that POB suggests we drop Herd

If we don't play him and he gets pissed off and leaves I think there would be absolute uproar and rightly so.

Absolutely. the ingratitude of someone who was supported by the club for over a year to recover from an anterior cruciate ligament injury, only started playing again in January this year, and now apparently is off because he hasn't been parachuted straight into the premier league squad, would be breathtaking. I would be outraged.

His goal scoring and assists record are outstanding at youth and reserve level. The lad has the right attitude, he pushed Oxlade Chamberlain and Henderson off the ball to take the free kick yesterday. Involved in 3 goals yesterday, he pinged a beautiful cross field ball over to Chamberlain that resulted in the corner that got us the third goal. He is the Frank Lampard of the reserve league, with all his goals from midfield :). Stepped up well yesterday, surely the time is drawing nearer for him to step up into our first team.

I'd like to see this at some point soon over the next couple of months.

------------Bent--------------

Gabby -Gardner - N'Zogbia

----- Petrov or Jenas-------

------------ Herd--------------

I've watched GG live a number of times, and one of his many talents is the one you always hope for in an attacking central midfielder.

He consistently hits the target!

Yep... he reminds me of a young Gerrard.

He's absolutely bang in form at the moment, but I think he's been kept back from the 1st team for NexGen series.

When he came on in HK V Chelsea of last 15 minutes he had an impact as he did for England U21s last night.

Just seen the goals from the game - 2 within 90 seconds..

FAB-U-LUS!!!

Agree Julie, I get the impression that the next gen series is the only reason he's not been on the bench in recent weeks. And rightly so, as it'll be for his benefit.

Expect to see him on the bench in the coming weeks though.

I wouldnt slag off his brother too much, stranger things have happened than for him to come here when Potatohead gets the boot.

Agree about GG - don't know whether he is ready, but certainly deserves a chance ahead of Ireland, who has had more false dawns than Audley Harrison.

When he came on in HK V Chelsea of last 15 minutes he had an impact as he did for England U21s last night.

He really didnt.

Recoded that game. Switched it off at 2-0. Saw the reactions RE GG on here so watched the rest of it.

Won a free-kick off Lampard - otherwise anonymous as the rest.

He really didnt.

Recoded that game. Switched it off at 2-0. Saw the reactions RE GG on here so watched the rest of it.

Won a free-kick off Lampard - otherwise anonymous as the rest.

Disagree.

Anonymous was the one thing he wasn't. He was always showing and demanding the ball.

The confidence and leadership he showed was what made me sit up and notice.

He could get on as a sub against Spurs, whats the odds on him scoring...........

TBh we need to calm down, we have a few youngsters coming threw who all need game time and hes just one of them. Reckon the agents will be twitching to get him on their books after that performance and thats where he needs to keep his head together.

I wouldnt slag off his brother too much, stranger things have happened than for him to come here when Potatohead gets the boot.

haha was confused for a minute as i forgot he went Sunderland. Slightly OT but he hasnt really played since he moved up there

If we don't play him and he gets pissed off and leaves I think there would be absolute uproar and rightly so.

Absolutely. the ingratitude of someone who was supported by the club for over a year to recover from an anterior cruciate ligament injury, only started playing again in January this year, and now apparently is off because he hasn't been parachuted straight into the premier league squad, would be breathtaking. I would be outraged.

I'm sure the club kept him on purely through thir compassion and understanding, I'm sure at no stage were they protecting an investment and a product.

He isn't a kid anymore, worse players than him (from what I've seen) have broken into teams at villa and beyond before he has, if he doesnt get a look in this season and doesn't start next season in the team who could blame the lad for considering leaving?

A career in football can last for very little time with bad luck (which considering his recent injury may, or may not be something he'll be plagued with) so why waste years of it sat on the bench at a middle of the road prem club, we're hardly **** man utd, no-one wants to sit on our bench.

Â