Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I'd love to see a central midfield 3 of Bannan, Delph and Gardner in the future.

Delph and Gardner acting as the two 'holding' midfielders, putting in the rough tackles but also spreading balls about the pitch, with Bannan roaming around infront of them.

Take the rose tinted Villa youngster glasses off and look at what other Premiership sides are putting out in Midfield......

You've listed a

Blackpool Championship player of the year who couldnt get a game for Leeds last year

An overpriced league One Midfielder

A player who has played 10 minutes in HK. Its funny how a players stock rises by not playing.

Gary Gardner needs to either go out on loan or get a chance to prove himself here. Look at the likes of Cleverly, Frimpong, Barkley etc. all making great strides and you wonder why Gardner cannot get game time at all. Neither Mcleish nor Houllier before him have given the lad a chance at any stage. His record at underage and reserves is as good as any of his age group yet he has never kicked a ball competitively for the club at senior level.

Gary Gardner needs to either go out on loan or get a chance to prove himself here. Look at the likes of Cleverly, Frimpong, Barkley etc. all making great strides and you wonder why Gardner cannot get game time at all. Neither Mcleish nor Houllier before him have given the lad a chance at any stage. His record at underage and reserves is as good as any of his age group yet he has never kicked a ball competitively for the club at senior level.

Problem is we are now at the sort of level of team that a player like Gardner should be loaned out to!!

From the reports it sounds like he is running the show yet again, makes it even more disapointing that he didn't get any minutes yesterday.

HT - Villa Res 1-1 Bolton Res - Villa deservedly on level terms at the break. Gary Gardner enjoying a superb first half. #avfc

From the reports it sounds like he is running the show yet again, makes it even more disapointing that he didn't get any minutes yesterday.

HT - Villa Res 1-1 Bolton Res - Villa deservedly on level terms at the break. Gary Gardner enjoying a superb first half. #avfc

I know we were chasing in the Cup but seriously, look how many changes they made could we not have played the reserves who know each other. (Albrighton, Gardner, Bannan, Delf, Lowry)

Wasted opportunity and no doubt the FA cup will see us playing a strong team.

I'd love to see a central midfield 3 of Bannan, Delph and Gardner in the future.

Delph and Gardner acting as the two 'holding' midfielders, putting in the rough tackles but also spreading balls about the pitch, with Bannan roaming around infront of them.

Take the rose tinted Villa youngster glasses off and look at what other Premiership sides are putting out in Midfield......

You've listed a

Blackpool Championship player of the year who couldnt get a game for Leeds last year

An overpriced league One Midfielder

A player who has played 10 minutes in HK. Its funny how a players stock rises by not playing.

:? :yawn:

You must have missed where I said

As someone who has seen the majority, if not all, of Delph's performances; I believe he is more than 'an overpriced league one midfielder'. He has a good all-round game, he has a decent shot, an eye for a pass, has a bit of pace & is great with the ball at his feet, running at players. He hasn't shown his full potential this year, but I partly blame that on the system.

He has a few attributes to be a decent holding midfielder, but he's better when he gets to roam forward and attack.

Barry Bannan, though he couldn't get a game in a settled Leeds side last season, has been, in my opinion, one of our better players this year. He is always looking for the ball, has linked play up well and has come close to scoring on a few occasions. With a settled side/ players back on form, I believe he would be a great first-team option.

Gary Gardner hasn't shown much in the first team, as of yet, but he has a lot of potential and I have seen him play in a few reserve games, where he's always impressed Me.

It's my opinion that... IN THE FUTURE... those 3 could be a great central midfield trio (if their development continues successfully).

Barry'sBoots, I disagree about it being too lightweight. I don't think we necessarily need a DM in a midfield. Is it not enough to have 2 midfielders who can chip in with defensive work?

Milner & Petrov worked well, mainly because Milner runs all over the place.. But neither of them are established defensive midfielders (I suppose Stan has gradually turned into one, but I wouldn't describe him as a defensive monster who could sit back while the creative players attack).

I think that Delph and Gardner both have enough about them to do defensive work, with Bannan roaming about infront.

Like I say.... just my opinion :D

I bloody hope this lad is as good as everyone is saying he is, the weight of expectation on him is enormous.

hes not richard, hed be dominating games by now if he was 'that' good. Probably a decent player that we will be grateful for. Just not the world beater we desperatelty need. Hope Im wrong

I bloody hope this lad is as good as everyone is saying he is, the weight of expectation on him is enormous.

hes not richard, hed be dominating games by now if he was 'that' good. Probably a decent player that we will be grateful for. Just not the world beater we desperatelty need. Hope Im wrong

Dominating games? How many 19 year olds are dominating anything in the premier league? That would take some class, world class, and no one is saying he is.

Dominating games? How many 19 year olds are dominating anything in the premier league? That would take some class, world class, and no one is saying he is.

Course they are. Why all the excitement if people don't think hes going to be class?

If hes just going to be as good as Barry or Gabby or any other half decent player, then of course we will take it, but whats all the excitement for??

And when I say excitement - I dont mean over the last few pages of this thread - I mean ppl have been bangin on about this kid for a couple of years now.

He was fantastic on Wednesday at reserve level. Easily the sort of player who could be bypassed and dragged at halftime without touching the ball at senior level (and I mean from League 2 upwards), however he is plenty good enough to be a top player on his day and I don't see why he couldn't play at Premier League level in the very near future.

Â