Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

He hasn't had the chance to influence or dominate yet.

Probably a reason for that

Isn’t the supposed wisdom is that they want to really take care of him and not exposing him too early? I ve no idea if he’s really good or not, just what is reported, that he’s a very good young player who is better at this age than his brother and likely to be better than him.

who is better at this age than his brother and likely to be better than him.

I should bloody well hope so.

Likely to be better than an average premiership player is hardly getting my pulse racing

Well its bound to be the comparison isn’t it? Remember Luke Moore developing? It was always “he’s better than Stefan”.

To be honest Craig Gardner would be be a better midfielder than some of the players we currently have and probably be in a Villa starting 11.

Been too traumatised to set foot inside Villa Talk after being there on Tuesday. It was horrendous. I don't think I've ever wanted to walk out at Villa Park with 15 minutes to go as much as I did on Tuesday.

You could tell within 10 minutes we hadn't got a cat in hells chance of scoring.

The midfield was desperately crying out for Gary Gardner...I really have no idea why he wasn't played at least for some of the game. Bannan, Ireland & Petrov are realtively small & no way could they match the Bolton midfied physically.

He's bang in form for the reserves and should be given a chance sooner rather than later perhaps.

not sure where his chance will come now we are out of the cup. Petrov has been arguably one of our best players this season, Delph is getting a chance, Bannan probably deserves a decent run in the team and Jenas is still to feature. Hes only young, keep putting in the performances for the youth team and take any chances you get with the full team.

He's bang in form for the reserves and should be given a chance sooner rather than later perhaps.

The difference between the reserves and the first team is huge; running the show against Bolton’s second string will be hugely different from running the show against QPR. I agree he needs to eventually be given the time, just not sure where we can find the luxury of that, unless we are 3 nil up with 10 minutes to go...

The difference between the reserves and the first team is huge; running the show against Bolton’s second string will be hugely different from running the show against QPR. I agree he needs to eventually be given the time, just not sure where we can find the luxury of that, unless we are 3 nil up with 10 minutes to go...

Delph is doing okish but hardly excelling and whilst the gulf as you rightly point is large between reserves and first team I'd wager that he wouldnt do any worse than Delph is currently.

not sure where his chance will come now we are out of the cup. Petrov has been arguably one of our best players this season, Delph is getting a chance, Bannan probably deserves a decent run in the team and Jenas is still to feature. Hes only young, keep putting in the performances for the youth team and take any chances you get with the full team.

Your right with that, I expect to see Petrov Jenas and Ireland against Wigan.

Having said that he will probaly revert back to Petrov Delph and Heskey with Nzogbia and Gabby wide and Bent up top

There has been distinct lack of magical excitement around the park for quite some time now.

The Pundits talk about it, the Players can feel it and the FANS can see it.

Our team is CRYING out for Gardner, He is mad for it. Lets get him on in it together with Bannan they can rekindle some of the spark that has been absent for quite some time.

Get on then...!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Â