Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I've heard so much positivity about GG, cant understand why he wouldn't be ahead of losers such as Ireland in the pecking order

as mentioned he only came back from a bad injury and the Premier League is relentless so has to be bedded in. Unless we are comfortably beating Bolton i dont see him getting gametime until FA Cup 3rd round

He's **** already with Villa fans though.

If he is not the next Gerrard from the first game he'll instantly be labelled shit.

What a crock. Why do you continually put down Villa fans just because everybody doesn't share your gleeful bliss at Villa's current position? Every club has fans with different views and that is one of the key things that makes football so enjoyable - that everybody does not agree on everything and can debate things.

If he is awesome City will buy him.

Same for every club.

Lets hope that, as suggested above, he is tied in to a long term contract that ties him to VP and allows us to respond like Levy with Chelski's bid for Modric. Even more importantly, it would be great to think that the kid is a huge Villa fan and just wants to play for Villa for the rest of his life and become a legend in C&B.

Agree jonno.

In my eyes what makes him ready is the fact that he always wants the ball and doesnt go hiding. The way he told a £20m & a £15m player in Henderson and Oxlade-Chamberlain that he was taking the freekick showed me that he has balls.

I also remember him pushing Lampard off the ball in pre-season.

Is he really that far behind Delph, Bannan & Herd (who has been excellent)?

Not for me.

His time has arrived.

This is the problem for him. Our Centre midfield options are quite congested, and as far as Im concerned, Bannan, Herd and Petrov should go into the team without question on current form. Even looking beyond that, Jenas looked good against Norwich and then we still have Delph and Ireland. At best Gardner finds himself 7th in the pecking order of central midfielders.

This is the problem for him. Our Centre midfield options are quite congested, and as far as Im concerned, Bannan, Herd and Petrov should go into the team without question on current form. Even looking beyond that, Jenas looked good against Norwich and then we still have Delph and Ireland. At best Gardner finds himself 7th in the pecking order of central midfielders.

Agreed but I am confident if you are good enough Eck will play you. He's shown that with Bannan and Herd already this season.

Pressure is on Delph and Ireland big time, both got talent but yet to show it consistently. As you say Jenas looked good too in his cameo.

Dare I say it, have we got competition for places in centre midfield? It has been a while.

Don't think Gardner will be starting too many, but a few sub appearances here and there to get him used to the pace and then its up to him to force his way in and stay there.

Shame Bazza decided to self implode as soon as he got his place. Good lesson for him and everyone else I suppose.

Its good that we have competition, you would just hope Big Eck and his coaches have the eye to spot the real quality.

He is 7th at the moment but he hadn't been given a chance yet. He will be soon, he just has to take advantage of it when it comes.

It doesnt really work like that though does it. Bannan and Herd have had their chances and taken them. A month ago where would you have placed Herd in that list?

Petrov will need to be rested during the festive fixtures. Jenas picks up niggles. We also need to see if Bannan's head is right. I personally would give him a go before Delph and Ireland at the moment.

Â