Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I dont see how he's killed Albrigton off? In the (admittedly few) chances he's had he's been poor. Clark should be in the team, no question, and Bannan's been one of our best players so far.

Gardner will get a chance - whether you believe McLeish to be an incompetent manager or not (fwiw I dont think he is), it is clear as day that Gardner has an ability that simply cannot be ignored to anyone with half a clue.

my concern with Gardner is that all of a sudden there is a huge clamour for him from the fans to play - he is not going to be our saviour.

Gardner was class before his injury and has been since January when he returned. Theres been a buzz about this lad for some years now. I was surprised we didn't give him any minutes in the 2 Carling Cup home games we had earlier this season.

England Under 21's team are better than the 11 McLiesh puts out, and Gardner gets into that team.

my concern with Gardner is that all of a sudden there is a huge clamour for him from the fans to play - he is not going to be our saviour.

Gardner was class before his injury and has been since January when he returned. Theres been a buzz about this lad for some years now. I was surprised we didn't give him any minutes in the 2 Carling Cup home games we had earlier this season.

England Under 21's team are better than the 11 McLiesh puts out, and Gardner gets into that team.

Im not saying he isnt a good player/prospect - he's clearly a potentially very talented young footballer.

But that's what he is - potential. He isnt going to come in and turn our fortunes around single-handedly. He hasnt got the experience to dictate the midfield and alter the tempo/flow of a game.

I do think he will make an impression, but as I said above, my concern is that some people are hanging all sorts of hopes and expectations on this kid.

this, i was at the game tonight, i thought his general play was very poor, a lot of fans are expecting miracles from him then don't, he's just like his brother in all that he can do is shoot

Im not saying he isnt a good player/prospect - he's clearly a potentially very talented young footballer.

But that's what he is - potential. He isnt going to come in and turn our fortunes around single-handedly. He hasnt got the experience to dictate the midfield and alter the tempo/flow of a game.

I do think he will make an impression, but as I said above, my concern is that some people are hanging all sorts of hopes and expectations on this kid.

He has showed his class in every competition he has played it, whether it be with England, reserves, u18's, NextGen. He has outgrown the youth team and reserves now imo. The only place for him to play now is with the first team.

I'm not saying he can turn our fortunes around single-handedley, but he can't do much worse than what we have had in midfield so far this season. I've seen this guy play a lot now, before injury and after, he needs some games now, in a highly competitive league. I'm not saying he is Lionel Messi, but he is way too good for the reserves.

They need to be seriously considering this lad... if he is to make it.

when Gareth Barry,Brian Little, Gary Shaw and Sid Cowans made their debuts, they were c 19

He needs to be given his wings...We can't keep him wrapped up in cotton wool.

The only way we will ever know about him is what he does in the first team.

From another forum

"Totally unrelated – but I watched v Ajax tonight – My young son was very taken with Gary Gardner – Fair play to him he took the time on a freezin cold night to give my lad his autograph. I asked him when he might make the first team – a scowl came across his face – and he said ‘no time soon’ – looked mightily pissed off !"

hmmmmmmm

From another forum

"Totally unrelated – but I watched v Ajax tonight – My young son was very taken with Gary Gardner – Fair play to him he took the time on a freezin cold night to give my lad his autograph. I asked him when he might make the first team – a scowl came across his face – and he said ‘no time soon’ – looked mightily pissed off !"

hmmmmmmm

:D:D:D where was that from smetrov? he's not good enough anyway imo

From another forum

hmmmmmmm

Post the link please, you have previous for shit stirring.

From another forum

hmmmmmmm

Post the link please, you have previous for shit stirring.

:D that was my immediate thought as well

From another forum

hmmmmmmm

Do you pretend to be some football technical analyist or Football Manager 2012 scout?

From another forum

hmmmmmmm

Do you pretend to be some football technical analyist or Football Manager 2012 scout?

neither, i just gave my opinion, is there a problem with that?

From another forum

hmmmmmmm

Why?

How?

From another forum

hmmmmmmm

Why?

How?

all he can do is score goals, he's very similar to his brother in that respect, all other aspects of his game are poor imo

Â