Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Hey WT, if you feel strongly about it, why not tweet Benteke, rather than posting misery in the Brad Guzan thread.

Misery? You mean a different opinion?

There's ways of expressing your opinion. You twisted Brad's achievement into a negative.

EDIT: And what CF said. This is the BRAD GUZAN thread. Not a thread to announce your dismay that Benteke didn't win the award. Do that there.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Hey WT, if you feel strongly about it, why not tweet Benteke, rather than posting misery in the Brad Guzan thread.

No, he meant misery. Benteke's been great, there's noone denying that. But Guzan's been consistantly good all season. Benteke's has had his bad games, Guzan hasn't. Guzan hasn't just made great saves. He's been commanding his area. He's probably the main reason we've let far fewer goals in on corners. He's made very few misstakes. Fair enough if you think Benteke deserved it, nothing wrong with that, but to call it a joke is just a joke. Even the players voted for Guzan, and that might be an indication that it wasn't that wrong a decision after all? I think he deserved it. I didn't vote, but I would've vote for him.

• Like 1

Wow, even if you disagree you should keep those statements to yourself. Pretty embarrassing honestly. I do agree that it could have went to both of them, but Brad ended up picking the winning straw.  Oh well...

Maybe we can all agree that Benteke and Guzan are deserving of all the awards and/or accolades that come their way. No sense fussing over it. We've got two top players who have had brilliant seasons. 

:cheers:

Be happy, fellas

• Like 3

There's ways of expressing your opinion. You twisted Brad's achievement into a negative.

EDIT: And what CF said. This is the BRAD GUZAN thread. Not a thread to announce your dismay that Benteke didn't win the award. Do that there.

So if I had of put 'Well done, but should have gone to Benteke' - Would that have been different and ok? Thats what others have put - is that not a negative spin?

How is me implying I that I don't think Brad Guzan deserved it not relevant to the Brad Guzan thread?

To be honest - I think both of them will be expecting 100% pay rises - and that will weigh on there minds more than player of the season awards 

Both deserve those sort of pay rises IMO

So if I had of put 'Well done, but should have gone to Benteke' - Would that have been different and ok? Thats what others have put - is that not a negative spin?

Yes exactly, that's pretty much what people are getting at.

Yes exactly, that's pretty much what people are getting at.

Surely thats putting a negative spin on it though as well BOF. Also I find that statement a bit patronising towards Guzan. 'Well done' (but actually deep down I dont think you deserve it).

Mine was simply stating (or intended to state) that I have genuinely no idea how Guzan has won that over Benteke.

Edited by Woodytom

It's possible to congratulate someone while thinking the award should have gone somewhere else. That's not a negative spin. A negative spin would for example be calling the decision a joke ;) I happen to agree with you that it is frankly remarkable that Benteke didn't clean sweep this season's awards. But I'm also delighted to see that Guzan has been recognised for his considerable efforts at the back this season. Perhaps a dual-winner might have been apt.

^ See, all positivity :)

• Like 2

I wonder if Given voted for him?

in rare times I read his column he has always praised Brad same as he did with Hart when at City

Probably did then :)

It's possible to congratulate someone while thinking the award should have gone somewhere else. That's not a negative spin. A negative spin would for example be calling the decision a joke ;) I happen to agree with you that it is frankly remarkable that Benteke didn't clean sweep this season's awards. But I'm also delighted to see that Guzan has been recognised for his considerable efforts at the back this season. Perhaps a dual-winner might have been apt.

^ See, all positivity :)

What my learned friend said. Though I did say a few pages back that Brad was MY player of the season, I didn't expect him to win both awards.

Benteke could go on to be the best player we've had in 20 years. He could well go on to be one of the best strikers on the planet. For my money though, over the course of this season, Brad has consistently been the best keeper in this division, thus making him (to my perhaps uneducated eyes) one of the best in the world.

That's quite an achievement that. Well done Brad.

• Like 3

I am pretty sure they said the fans player of the year was worked out by the ratings given after every match by Lions club members. I was surprised Bentekkers never got it.

Brad was out celebrating pretty late last night

Brad has been absolutely fantastic this season. Huge fan. However, I feel Benteke most deserved player of the season and not just young player. Benteke is the best player I have seen in a Villa shirt since God. Special player.

Brad has been absolutely fantastic this season. Huge fan. However, I feel Benteke most deserved player of the season and not just young player. Benteke is the best player I have seen in a Villa shirt since God. Special player.

Have we ever had a better striker? Maybe Andy Gray in 76/77

Â