Brad Guzan

R.Bear

I personally think that save kept us up, because it kept us in the QPR game, and allowed us to go on this great run since then.

It was a defining moment but there has been a few of them this season.

If I had to pick 2 season defining moments they would be Lowton's volley at Stoke and Guzan's wonder save. Although there have been many more candidates.

I couldn't think of anything that happened last season.

Yeah I agree with all above but in a general sense. As I look at the not finished but very nearly season the QPR and Norwich matches are the defining ones.

It's just the Fulham game that makes me sad :( but that's looking inconsequential now.

If I had to pick 2 season defining moments they would be Lowton's volley at Stoke and Guzan's wonder save. Although there have been many more candidates.

agreed.

There have been a lot of good moments, but those two were moments that actually changed our season for the positive.

Here's a question. Can you think of any "defining" or "great" moments from last season?

I can't!

agreed.

There have been a lot of good moments, but those two were moments that actually changed our season for the positive.

Here's a question. Can you think of any "defining" or "great" moments from last season?

I can't!

The only one I can think of constituting as anything similar is Weimann's scruffy goal against Fulham.

agreed.

I can't!

Alan Huttons handball against the Baggies?

Just saw the highlights of the Arsenal - Wigan game, a game Wigan had to win.

:blink:

Makes me appreciate Guzan even more given our lowly position for most of the season. Thanks, Brad!

Really worried about goal keeper at the start of the season as given was past it and Guzan worried me for his command of the box especially at corners. He has been exceptional.

buzzing to finish the season on a high! we have come a long way this year and only going to get better!#utv @AVFCOfficial #onwardsandupwards

Nice tweet from Brad, just now.

It's incredible to think that he almost walked away for nothing at the end of last season and we could now be potentially sorted for a stable, exceptional goalkeeper for the next ten years. 

agreed.

I can't!

Alan Huttons handball against the Baggies?

Alan Hutton breaking Shane Long in half in the home game was pretty fun to watch imo :D

Still second choice for USMNT

Brad Guzan just had the season of a lifetime with Aston Villa, displacing incumbent veteran Shay Given early in the process and then proceeding to save the Villa bacon time and again, providing Paul Lambert’s young men some time to grow into their feet.

Thanks in tremendous part to the club’s Player of the Year, the men of Villa Park live to fight another day in the vaunted Premiership.

And then Guzan stacked more check marks beside the 2013 report card with a pair of inspiring performances in U.S. goal, both in potentially nervy World Cup qualifiers. How sure handed did the guy look against the white (and probably treacherous) backdrop of snow-covered DSG Park against Costa Rica? And a few days later down in Cauldron Azteca, didn’t Guzan strike you as a man who has been doing this for years and years?

Yawn. … Stretch. … Collect another shutout at Azteca. … “Hey, boys, where ya’ll want to eat tonight?”

So it set the wonder wheel to whirring, didn’t it? Would Jurgen Klinsmann think about a shift in the goalkeeping order? A “shift” that would fall under the “seismic” category, by the way, considering that Howard has been the program’s No. 1 since 2007.

As shifts go, that would be like moving the national team’s training base from sunny Southern California to Wichita, Kan. And yet we began to wonder. Hmmmm …

Nah. Everton’s No. 1 remains the U.S. program’s No. 1. It’s trusty Timmy all the way, says Klinsmann. From a U.S. Soccer Q&A with Klinsmann that tumbled out today, alongside the 28-man roster announcement.

We are in a great position with our goalies. We are thrilled with Tim Howard and Brad Guzan and how they are doing with their clubs in the Premier League. I’ve said it many times: Tim Howard deserves to be in the top five in the world and Brad Guzan is catching up.

A little bit baffling from Klinsmann, there. How he could pick Howard ahead of Guzan on current form is just inexplicable, though I would not be complacent if I'm Tim Howard.

Â