Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Brad is POTS for me. Can you imagine how many clubs are kicking themselves that they didn't pick him up for nothing last summer?

A fine example to any understudy/upcoming footballer about taking the opportunity when it's given to you, and make the shirt your own.

• 2 weeks later...

Really interesting stuff.

I've always said on here that I assumed the situation with Brad leaving was that we'd offered him a contract but he left to try and find first team football, couldn't find it, and so came back.

Interesting to hear that that wasn't the case. He genuinely was released, and Lambert deserves a lot of credit for getting him back.

After reading that I think we can genuinely count Brad as one of Lambert's signings.

• Like 2

Yes. No doub about that. Pretty impressive, I really have to give Lambert that. That is also one of the reasons why I really look forward onto next season(yes classic saying) but I genuinely believe if that we can pick up 3-4 good player this upcoming summer we can really a be a force to be reckoned with. IMO, we need another striker for next year who can be backup for benteke as he will leave either this summer or the next one. Plus, Bent has to go as because he is player that should be in a starting 11, and I doubt he has happy here considering how this season has went for him

• Like 1

Yep player of the year for me. Mind you for goal keepers often the reason they show their abilities is because the defence ahead of them is pis poor- which has been the case with us. Has done some brillant saves the season. Looks so more confident now he is number one, as previously his command of his area could be a bit flaky.I really think he has been one of the top 4 or 5 keepers in the prem this season- certainly miles better than head and shoulders number one, joe hart.

Yep player of the year for me. Mind you for goal keepers often the reason they show their abilities is because the defence ahead of them is pis poor

Yeah that's worth noting. Scott Carson got the pleasure of being the keeper who made the most saves the season he was with Charlton, and we all know how good he turned out to be!

The thing with Guzan that encourage me is that he's not just making great saves game after game, but he also dominates his penalty area comfortably and as far as I can tell he's very good in his positioning. Right now it seems that he's got every attribute to be a really great keeper. And this season he's really been a great keeper too.

The thing with Guzan that encourage me is that he's not just making great saves game after game, but he also dominates his penalty area comfortably and as far as I can tell he's very good in his positioning. Right now it seems that he's got every attribute to be a really great keeper. And this season he's really been a great keeper too.

the bold part is very true, he seems to be growing more in that regard as time goes on, could well be a big factor in us stopping to concede from every dead ball nearish the box

Â