Brad Guzan

R.Bear

I agree that Guzan made a mistake for the 3rd goal (he should either come and claim earlier, or stay on his line) but how on Earth does the centre of defence get outdone by a hopeful punt to the shortest guy on the pitch?!

Clark wasn't there, so the next scapegoat in line is Guzan, naturally.

Yeah that's it... that or the fact he made an utter balls up and cost us a goal again.

• Like 1

I agree that Guzan made a mistake for the 3rd goal (he should either come and claim earlier, or stay on his line) but how on Earth does the centre of defence get outdone by a hopeful punt to the shortest guy on the pitch?!

Scapegoat? Pardon? Watch it again.  

Yeah that's it... that or the fact he made an utter balls up and cost us a goal again.

Meh, 50/50 again for me between Guzan and the central defence.

That ball just shouldn't make it to Dyer, irrespective of Guzan's indecision/poor decision.

No, I can't agree. When the goalkeeper comes for the ball, off his line, charging in, he has to make it. You're always going to be able to find an error somewhere in the passage of play before a goal, but his total misjudgment of that cross is a Goalkeeping 101 error. 

• Like 2

SO????? It shouldn't even have reached Guzan. Lescott and Richards should have dealt with the ball. They got bullied by a player one fourth their size. Clark would have done better than those two.

Yeah sure he would.

Lescott and Richards. The new chuckle brothers. ;)

SO????? It shouldn't even have reached Guzan. Lescott and Richards should have dealt with the ball. They got bullied by a player one fourth their size. Clark would have done better than those two.

Yeah sure he would.

Glad to see you've accept Clark is shit.

Yeah sure he would.

I would never say that about a player at Villa, especially a player who gives his all when playing. Don't understand why you hate him. I was not impressed by Lescott at all. The first goal came from a corner. That corner was given because Lescott couldn't tackle properly. Now, tell me how shit Lescott is, because I am sure you would not have missed the opportunity if it was Clark.

Yeah sure he would.

I would never say that about a player at Villa, especially a player who gives his all when playing. Don't understand why you hate him. I was not impressed by Lescott at all. The first goal came from a corner. That corner was given because Lescott couldn't tackle properly. Now, tell me how shit Lescott is, because I am sure you would not have missed the opportunity if it was Clark.

I don't hate him, I just don't think he is very good at his job. I totally agree Lescott was at fault for the first no argument from me there.

If he does that time after time like Clark does I will view him exactly the same way but not after one mistake.

Even if Dyer had outjumped the defenders, they had put enough pressure on him for his header to be weak. There was absolutely no need for Guzan to go for that ball-It was either going to be won by a defender or headed tamely towards goal

Agree with this.  Split second decision I think - he saw the defence weren't making it and went for the ball, but it was too late as the ball was making it to Dyer.  Either come earlier or don't come at all.

You would expect central defenders to win that battle for the third goal  but Guzan is the ultimate culprit because he's the last man between player and goal. Why did he end up double punching the smallest player on the pitch whilst the ball ends up in the net? If he comes out with his fists raised he easily clears that ball. 

What on earth was he doing for their third? Did he forget he was allowed to use his hands?

Most of us knew, as did Sheridan, that he is no longer good enough. If we were unable to bring in a number 1 keeper, I am afraid we let the wrong keeper go. Should have kept Given, made Guzan number 2, and not brought in Bunn.

The fact that Guzan comes out means he's given a call.  Keepers make a and you get out of his way.  Completely missed the ball.  Should have claimed it.  Too many mistakes from him now and appears to be getting much worse..  New Keeper is a priority for me.

• Like 1

Â