Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Guzan isn't rated so Given takes his place.

Given is then released so Guzan has even less pressure on his position.

Rumours now consist of lower league/ veteran keepers coming in as back up.

Where is the sense in this?! If you don't rate a player you don't make it so theyre even more secure in their position!

maybe he was dropped to give him a kick up the arse

Which is fair enough. But now the message is, you've less competition so don't worry if your standards drop even lower? Still makes no sense.

Where is the sense in this?! If you don't rate a player you don't make it so theyre even more secure in their position!

Agree, so this signing could indicate that we still intend to sign a new #1 also.

Agree, so this signing could indicate that we still intend to sign a new #1 also.

I think we will, Guzan will be back up/competition. His wages are fairly low so no issue there.

maybe he was dropped to give him a kick up the arse

Brad doesn't strike me as the type who needs someone else to kick him up the aris - He'll do that himself. He should have been dropped for one or two games to clear his head then back in. 

• Like 1

I think we will, Guzan will be back up/competition. His wages are fairly low so no issue there.

He's too good to be backup. He'll go in that case.

We will almost certainly buy a new keeper. I predict it will be someone not obviously better than Brad, but close enough to keep him on his toes. Job done.

All this before even reading the Transfer Speculation thread :)

If we get Bunn in we're good for keepers imo. Spend the money on outfield talent instead.

Who is even in our price range and available that we could realistically sign to replace Guzan? All I can't think of is Vorm, but he probably on too high of wages, and honestly, Guzan is probably better than Vorm. 

• Like 4

Who is even in our price range and available that we could realistically sign to replace Guzan? All I can't think of is Vorm, but he probably on too high of wages, and honestly, Guzan is probably better than Vorm.

We have no idea what our price range is.

Â