Brad Guzan

R.Bear

If the mythical media fee is stated as 3million then there will be or should be tons of clubs clamouring for his signature. Hang on a minute-thought so not a single person in the queue. Let's see what happens I expect the transfer team to come up with a suitable replacement IF this is a fact.

With Delph and Benteke gone/going - i'd argue we have to prioritize replacing them before looking to change our keeper

I have no doubt that we are. Working on multiple deals I'd imagine. Whether a keeper is one of them, who knows. But the Begovic bid obviously suggests that Sherwood would ideally like to upgrade on Guzan.

Edited by Isa

I could see him going back to the MLS. It would be quite a coup for any side there to sign the U.S No1, and as Isa mentioned we would probably get more money.

Ideally I would give him another chance, but if we can get £5m for him and upgrade, then I'm not against the idea of getting rid.

Am I the only one that isn't bothered by him going? I don't think he is that great anyway

Not bothered myself. 

Nor am I.  Not bothered in the slightest if I never see Guzan in goal again.

£3 million is really cheap for any keeper with as much top flight experience as Guzan especially considering Guzan is only 30. Sherwood must really want him gone, but I don't see us being able to sign a keeper of Guzan's quality for cheap. 

I think changing goalkeeper should be at the bottom of our to-do list

Especially when we have a gaping holes in midfield and up front

Last of our priorities should be a GK for the time being

I would agree it's not a priority - unless Sherwood is of the opinion that if Vlaar, Delph and Benteke are gone already he might as well just carve the whole Lambert squad up and start again with his own guys in as many positions as possible. 

I wouldn't be too fussed to see Guzan go but who could we realistically sign who is better?

I think changing goalkeeper should be at the bottom of our to-do list

Surely that's a left back  :P

We haven't seen Amavi play yet  ;)

I'm in two minds about this. Two weeks ago I was firmly of the opinion that we should sell Guzan and buy an upgrade. But a lot has happened in the intervening two weeks, and I can sort of see an argument for focusing more on those positions where we most desperately need improvements, especially up front. I still think we can find a better keeper than Guzan, but I have a bit more sympathy for the 'priorities' argument than I did two weeks ago. 

Â