Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Who is even in our price range and available that we could realistically sign to replace Guzan? All I can't think of is Vorm, but he probably on too high of wages, and honestly, Guzan is probably better than Vorm.

Thankfully you are not one of the scouts. I'm sure there are some decent names on the list if we are still planning to replace Guzan also.

I'm very happy that Sherwood is (presumably) going to keep faith with Guzan. He more than deserves "second chance" after that run of poor form. Luckily our manager doesnt turn on players as quickly as our fans do...

• Like 2

I'm very happy that Sherwood is (presumably) going to keep faith with Guzan. He more than deserves "second chance" after that run of poor form. Luckily our manager doesnt turn on players as quickly as our fans do...

Well, we've certainly heard about him pulling off signings. 

• Like 1

That's because he's a top class goalkeeper  :)

Exactly

I was actually reading the opposite somewhere and that he has been poor.

Where?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/goldcup/2015/news/article/2015/07/11/usmnt-player-ratings-brad-guzan-gyasi-zardes-stand-out-another-middling-gold

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4856314,00.html

That's because he's a top class goalkeeper :)

Exactly

I was actually reading the opposite somewhere and that he has been poor.

Sources please. I've just seen rave reviews.

Pretty sure he was given MOTM in both of USA's gold cup matches. USA has been completely out shot in their first two matches so far, and if it were not for Guzan, they would be in a lot more trouble 

I have just got back from the States, he has been carrying the squad. Earning terrific reviews. I honestly don't know why he was dropped, cost us against City but can't think of too much wrong. Shay should never have got the cup final game.

maybe he was dropped to give him a kick up the arse

Brad doesn't strike me as the type who needs someone else to kick him up the aris - He'll do that himself. He should have been dropped for one or two games to clear his head then back in.
Ha!ha! This conjured up the image of the Monty Python sketch trying to kick thier own arses! Edited by nazvfc

To be fair to him, you can only do your job, no matter the opposition. Looking good against Haiti might not be that meaningful in the end, but it's certainly better than looking dodgy against Haiti. 

Should the US not be battering these sorts 6 or 7-0. I was surprised to see on Wiki they've got a full strength squad out there. Just surprised after their good effort in the World cup they're clinging on for dear life against Concacaf minnows.

Â