Brad Guzan

R.Bear

on the Gold CUp. Why is it always in USA and Mexico.

not very fair

The rest of the teams are shit?

meant hosting

as for Infrastructure look at South America they have rotated the Copa America and has built good stadiums in poor countries and has made it a more competitive tournament

Huge difference between Peru and Trinidad...tiny Concacaf countries simply cannot host big tournaments.

Brad must be a candidate for the captaincy.

I bloody hope not. I've never been a fan of keepers being captains, and I personally I don't think Guzan is vocal enough anyway.

he's a yank, of course he's vocal. I normally find the problem is getting the loud **** to shut the **** up.

• Like 1

I think Guzan is plenty vocal on and off the pitch. Plus he is very likable and has been around for a while now. If he was not a keeper, he'd be a perfect captain. 

Yeah, this pretty much. I'd go for Clark at this stage. 

Brad must be a candidate for the captaincy.

I bloody hope not. I've never been a fan of keepers being captains, and I personally I don't think Guzan is vocal enough anyway.

he's a yank, of course he's vocal. I normally find the problem is getting the loud **** to shut the **** up.

Hard to be quiet when you are full of freedom. [emoji9]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3167055/Brad-Guzan-available-3m-mass-exodus-Aston-Villa-continues.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Brad Guzan made available for £3m as mass exodus at Aston Villa continues

By Joe Bernstein for MailOnline

Published: 12:26, 19 July 2015 | Updated: 12:26, 19 July 2015

Aston Villa are willing to listen to offers for goalkeeper Brad Guzan as they continue to undergo major changes this summer.

Manager Tim Sherwood signed his fifth player of the current transfer window when £10million French Under 21 defender Jordan Amavi agreed to join from Nice on Saturday.

But with fans still unhappy at losing captain Fabian Delph to Manchester City and the anticipated departure of Christian Benteke to Liverpool, the Villa boss is planning more ins and outs.

High on his priority list is a new goalkeeper with Guzan being made available for £3million.

The 30-year-old American, who earns £34,000-a-week, lost his place to Shay Given after a blunder against Manchester City in April and was left out of the FA Cup final defeat against Arsenal.

Villa have already signed Micah Richards, Scott Sinclair, cover goalkeeper Mark Bunn, £7million midfielder Idrissa Gueye and left back Amavi, and lost Darren Bent, Enda Stevens, Andreas Weimann, Matt Lowton, Yacouba Sylla, Antonio Luna, Ron Vlaar and Given.

In addition to Guzan, Villa will also allow Bulgarian international Aleksandar Tonev to find a new club. He played on loan at Celtic last season.

The high level of transfer activity has left Villa fans worried about the start of the new season having narrowly avoided relegation in May.

They were incensed earlier this week when Delph initially turned down an £8million move to City only to change his mind on Friday.

Liverpool have matched Benteke's £32.5million buy-out clause and the Belgian striker is expected to complete his move to Anfield imminently. 

More drivel (IMO) £3m is way too low.

The press seem to be revelling in our current position :angry:

I'd accept the signing of Bunn as back-up/no.2 keeper but he isn't a first choice keeper IMO.

Brad is a first choice keeper and shouldn't be sold (unless we manage to sign a better one!)

Agree with this .Would have no problem with the sale if we bought a better number one but as it stands he's the best keeper at the club. Would like to think we could get closer to £5m for him as well if we did sell.

If it's true then surely Tim is still after a new number 1. He wouldn't sign Bunn to be first choice, that'd be madness.

I'm (jokingly) putting 2+2 together to make 23 and can forsee us signing Mignolet from Plop as part of the Benteke deal (costing the remaining £16.5m)

hope I'm bloody wrong!

I'd accept the signing of Bunn as back-up/no.2 keeper but he isn't a first choice keeper IMO.

Brad is a first choice keeper and shouldn't be sold (unless we manage to sign a better one!)

Well the article suggested a new keeper remains high priority on Sherwood's list.

Nothing to see here, All of our squad is up for sale anyway. 

Probably only JG who would be of any interest. Suffice to say if he has a blinder this season then he won't be here next!

Well the article suggested a new keeper remains high priority on Sherwood's list.

With Delph and Benteke gone/going - i'd argue we have to prioritize replacing them before looking to change our keeper

Â